• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

archer.

Smash Lord
Speaking of using returning boomerang to get off the ledge, something I've been experimenting with a bit lately has been to, with a bomb in hand, drop off the ledge and throw the boomerang straight forward, and then get back to the ledge. After that, immediately ledgehop and then ibomb. This results in the bomb covering the ledge area, and the boomerang returning to you through the bottom of the stage, covering the area below you, while you're mostly invincible during all of this.

It's in no way perfect, but as a mix-up it might work from time to time.

SSS

Smash Ace
I was at Pokemon Stadium against a CPU and I threw a bomb. The bomb hit his shield when he was under a platform (i don't recall if it was powershielded or not) and it sort of rolled and then landed on the platform and stayed there until it exploded.

I don't really see how this could be helpful. Maybe throw a bomb at an opponent, and if they shield it it will become a sort of mine on the platform above where they were, increasing stage control?

No. It really doesn't sound helpful at all. But there you go.

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
That's made me think actually. PS1 can be bombed from underneath the stage. Can any character shield downwards to make the bomb bounce underneath the stage? I wonder how it would react if it bounced.

But @ SSS
Your bomb just landed on the platform as a C-4. Depending on how the bomb bounces off the shield it can land on a platform and not explode. Mostly happens on Battlefield

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its just that it bounced from exactly the right height to land on the platform before it started falling fast enough to explode. There are a number of ways to easily z drop bombs onto platforms if you want to reproduce the effect for some....tactical reason.

Yackabean

NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
I had quite a strange thing happen last night when I was playing a Marth on AiB last night.
So I c-4'd a bomb by accident and as it was landing, it did it's usual tiny little spin on the ground. Marth then ran in to it with a shield and it bounced off of him as if it was still active?

The bomb was definitely on the ground when he ran in to it. I never saved it but god I seriously wish I did.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah I'm not surprised that it bounced off the shield. You Z-dropped the bomb, it bounced on the ground, then before it was able to fully settle, the shield interacted with it, and because the bomb was still active, it bounced off the shield. While the bomb is bouncing it is active, and it can bounce a couple of times in a normal Z-drop/C4 before it comes to rest.

Tsunayoshi

Smash Apprentice
something that i found out and that might actually help is if we ledge camp with ledge drop > jump > bomb throw > bummerang > up b ledge grab

we actually can reverse the bummerang throw so we will instantly grab the ledge without using up b

Yackabean

NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
Don't know if this is worth actually posting but it's a decent mix up I found out donkeys ago.
Basically the Bomb Up-Smash tech can be done through a bomb fake out.
SH > throw > catch > Insta throw > Run and DACUS it.
It's easier than having to c-4 a bomb and space yourself correctly.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Combine invincibomb, rising zair cancel and returning boomerang all at once to recover from the ledge *safely* on Smashville.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Pull bomb
Rang the underside of the stage while rising
Grab ledge
Ledge Jump airdodge towards platform (dropping the bomb)
Zair
Platform cancel

Falling bomb and returning boomerang cover you from below while you airdodge (endlag is cut off by platform cancel)

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
... I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet.
A very useless AT, it's an easier kinda version of the DAir Shockwave. You just drop through a platform, then platform cancel with DAir. So the thing that happens is that you just do a DAir shockwave without having to jump, although you have to be on a platform you have to go through.
Same properties as the normal DAir Shockwave. 55 dmg, and there's that effect where there's no hitstun, but horizontal knockback. It's rather fun to KO 999% characters in Training this way ._.

Hmm. Maybe just add this little bit as a second "how to perform" to the DAir Shockwave section? ._.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying and it's actually surprising that it hasn't been mentioned too. However you don't actually platform cancel the Dair. The Dair sends you up for a split second before rocketing downwards. You drop through the platform and use that increase in height to get back on the platform.

Thanks for noticing that. You have a good eye.

Last edited:

No~m

Smash Rookie
Has anyone tried using Zair -> SHDA on tall characters? I know SHDA comes out much slower than say SH > Nair but if it did work you could do lots out of it, maybe a jab/dsmash/grab etc.

Top Bottom