• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Muppets.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's definitely a series I want to get into more of; especially now that it's easily available online. I actually watched Muppets Most Wanted two weeks ago on a whim.

Also thought I would share this as it's genuinely hilarious.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I haven't watched the original show before, but I saw the 2011 movie and its sequel, and really liked both. Now that I have Disney+ I might check it out-though it's usually pretty hard for me to actually sit down and jump into a show.

CastletonSnob

Smash Cadet
Yesterday, someone on a Discord I was on said the most recent Muppets shows don't work because they're put in the tired sitcom formula, and that would only work if they satirized the sitcom format. The Muppets used to make fun of popular show genres like hospital dramas, cop shows, and space serials (Veterinarian's Hospital, Bear on Patrol, and Pigs in Space, respectively).

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here is a little something funny from the Muppets. Skip to 2:16 here.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Whilst I don't exactly recognise much of the American celebrity guests within the Muppets Show (other than the cast of Star Wars and Steve Martin), there were several British celebrities that I do recognise which include Julie Andrews, Elton John, John Cleese as well as the late Bruce Forsythe and Spike Milligan.

Last edited:

CastletonSnob

Smash Cadet
I've only seen 2-3 episodes of the 2015 Muppets show, but from what I've seen, the show plays the sitcom format 100% straight.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I watched most of the 2015 show, will probably go back and rewatch soon. I don't remember it being bad, there are good jokes but it takes some time to find it's footing. The Kermit/Ms. Piggy subplot is very awkward though.

CastletonSnob

Smash Cadet
You just can't replicate the kind of chemistry that Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt had.

Top Bottom