• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The MPGR Summer Rankings Come to a Close

the-mpgr-summer-rankings-come-to-a-close.png

It’s been an intense year for competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee. For the first time in a long time, the race for the title of best player in the world is seemingly ambiguous, the top ten is more diverse than ever, and almost every spot in the top fifty is up for debate. Thankfully, the Melee Panda Global Rankings are here to help shed some light on the top performers.

Today, the MPGR put out the final ten players for the mid-year rankings, completing the top 50 for the summer. Check out the links below and let us know your thoughts on the first Melee Panda Global Rankings!

Rankings Published on Redbull’s Official Site:
Rankings Home
50-41 Rankings
40-31 Rankings
30-21 Rankings
20-11 Rankings
10-1 Rankings

Frequently Asked Questions:
FAQ

Michael "SuperCres" Ashby

Comments

Zain, Amsa, and Wizzrobe showing just how far practice and consistent improvement can take you in Melee, props to these players for doing things people would have called impossible few years or months ago.

I'm personally rooting for Armada to make it into first place by the end of the year, if he can get a good hold of Leffen. Let's GO Armada!

what I'm trying to say is a very similar thing is happening right now with amsa
Not even close.

Amsa hasn't had the disappointing losses that Chu has had. Amsa also didn't come out of no where. We've known he had the skill of a top 20 player for the last few years, this is just the first year he's had the freedom to attend enough events to actually earn a top 10 ranking. Will people adapt to Yoshi and cause his rank to lower a bit? maybe. But it's certainly not the trend at the moment.

Last edited:
Not even close.

Amsa hasn't had the disappointing losses that Chu has had. Amsa also didn't come out of no where. We've known he had the skill of a top 20 player for the last few years, this is just the first year he's had the freedom to attend enough events to actually earn a top 10 ranking. Will people adapt to Yoshi and cause his rank to lower a bit? maybe. But it's certainly not the trend at the moment.
ok that's a fair point but let's wait till Evo because that's when chudat started to fall of if amsa places top 8 like he is project to which also happened with chudat i will gladly take my statement back

but also how did chudat come out of nowhere he was ranked 22nd on the 2016 ssbmrank just like amsa and was well know long before

Last edited:
ok that's a fair point but let's wait till Evo because that's when chudat started to fall of if amsa places top 8 like he is project to which also happened with chudat i will gladly take my statement back

but also how did chudat come out of nowhere he was ranked 22nd on the 2016 ssbmrank just like amsa and was well know long before
ChuDat had been ranked 22nd, but it wasn't like Amsa because Chu was still attending a lot of events.
The whole reason Amsa was ranked 22nd and not higher was because of lack of attendance, not bad performances.

Top Bottom