• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The MOST IMPORTANT Thread You'll Ever Read.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I didn't want to repost this since someone else did, but I think you may have skipped over it. This is the list of all the Chain Grabs and Release Grabs that can be performed in Brawl, and which characters they work on. :)

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=158858

I've got all the characters that can be CG'd for each individuals grabs except for Ice Climbers (I'm debating on even doing them since they have so many ridiculous ways to alternate and infinite grab), and I am going to work on the percentages for vs mode soon once I find a good way to post reliable information that includes decay on throws.

Spades45

Smash Rookie
There should be a thread with like basic tips and just little things that the average person wouldn't know.

Smash Ace
Minor update: "List of Spikes in Brawl" has been renamed "Guide to Meteor Smashes in Brawl," and it has quite a bit of new information that's not in the description. As the name implies, it gives a concise and readable introduction into meteor smashes in Brawl. It's worth a read, because meteor canceling works significantly differently than in Melee.

Thanks for maintaining this list, by the way. It's a good resource.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Wasn't there a thread on stale move effect?

It's pretty useful, I'd think it'd be here.

Was something critically wrong with it that it's not worthy of the list?

umop ap!sdn

Smash Rookie
There should be a thread with like basic tips and just little things that the average person wouldn't know.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping for more stuff on the "competitive" (or just wanting to win) mindset, similar to the stuff in the first link (Keep Losing?...), which provides general guidelines for success no matter what character you play. Not that percentage data and frame statistics aren't useful, I'd just like to get the basic perspective first before messing with the advanced tricks.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
"Click here and you too can be a BRoomer!"

Blatant lie, but it would bring in a lot of people.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
If you're going to add that, you should add Mookierah's 'Playing to Learn' as well.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176650

Name Suggestion: 'Brawl Compendium of Knowledge'
Guess where I stole that from : 3
EDIT: Wait, there was a 'Compendium of knowledge' here before wasn't there?

: (

EDIT2:
Wait nevermind, I see you've set Mookie's post aside up in one of your posts to be added when you update : D

Oh and:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=42749
There it is, AZ's old Melee compendium of knowledge : 3

I don't get how this thread has only 13,000 views when the Tier list thread has over half a million. Instead of arguing in there, they should be bettering themselves in here.

infomon

Smash Scientist
^^ agreed, this thread is massively important.

If the majority of smashboards-comers are n00bs who just want their tierchats, well that doesn't matter. I'd like to have serious discussion about how Brawl actually works.

I'm noticing that some of the sources I've been relying on to this point, like the Physics of Attacks thread (which I can only ever find through this stickied thread), are out of date. And I see misinformation about how Brawl physics and priority systems etc. work all over the place, and people asking the same old questions and misinformed examples.

Meanwhile, the Brawl Tactical Discussion board is full of n00b chats. Not that that's bad; it's just hard to find reputable information amongst all the chattery.

It could be that Smashboards is simply not the best layout for allowing correct information to "bubble up" to the surface. But it's what we've got, so whatever. But maybe some sort of (minor) restructuring could take place? Or, how do we keep the "sticky, important" threads current and up-to-date? While allowing people to raise issues with them and discuss....

Just thinking out loud, I guess.

Sino

Smash Journeyman
I had a question:
Isn't there a vid or something of how you survive longer with all characters with DI'ing and which moves to use to survive longer?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Updated for the first time in a long time. Still taking suggestions on decent names for this thread that will catch people's eyes, because this thread doesn't have nearly enough views.

infomon

Smash Scientist
It might be nice to group the threads somehow. I've noticed that the first bunch of them are about things like psychology, spacing, etc., which IMO are the least essential (although the "keep losing? try this...." post was really helpful to me). So I'd call that a "How to Play" section, you could have another section "Brawl Game Mechanics" (physics of attacks, autocancelling, using aerials to recover, etc.), and a third category of reference lists; lists of spikes, character rankings, weights, etc. Or some other categorization scheme.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
Samurai, this is a very useful list of important reads, thanks for compiling this.

Off-topic: Just saying, Sino, your signature is very nice.

Sheik_Pwns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aluran
3DS FC
0834-1378-6308
any1 one know where i could learn more about the hitbox is i sound so noob but i just dont get it

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
SP, you should change the thread title to "How to Unlock Geno" or something. Then people might pay more attention =P

theEffinBear

Smash Apprentice
I (humbly?) suggest my own [thread=182223]Armor Project[/thread] thread for inclusion in this directory. I haven't been around for a while and probably won't be coming back (petty things like "not having enough time" and "needing to make money" have gotten in the way of my Brawl efforts), but I spent some significant time and effort on figuring out those non-Super Armors, and I'd like it if others could benefit from that effort. If it becomes valuable to understand some of the oddball Armor mechanics of non-Meta Knight characters*, the thread would be handy to have around.
[size=-2]*DO U C WAT I DID TH3R[/size]

My thanks to those of you who helped me out with performing SCIENCE with your suggestions and advice.

Peace,
/RtEB

Top Bottom