• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Most Annoying Taunt out of These? (Poll)

Which one(s) annoys you the most?

• Rosalina’s “Mmm-Hmm!” (Side)

• Ness’s “Okay” (Up)

• G&W’s bells (Up and Side)

• Peach’s “Lalalalalaalaa!” (Side)

• Lucina’s “Come at me” (Up)

• Palutena’s Pole Dance + Laugh (Side)

• ZSS’s “Is that all?” (Up)

• Zelda’s Wave (Down)

• Pikachu’s “Pika Pika!” (Side)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Falconswitch

Smash Rookie
For me :4peach:‘s dancing taunt is the one that makes me the saltiest. Everything about it annoys me, from the way she swishes her dress to the aggravating tone in her singing...

I’m curious as to what other people think, so I’ve picked some annoying taunts and put them into a poll.

Which one did you pick and why?

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The Pole Dance

I mean...it's like watching a stripper dance while you're fighting

Mrcowman4

Smash Rookie
Peach’s side taunt is the most effective on me. She annoys me so much that it actually makes me lose control when she does that taunt and it affects my performance. It’s honestly a really good mindgame because of that because she makes me want to strangle her to death.

Last edited:

Mrcowman4

Smash Rookie
Peach’s side taunt is the most effective on me. She annoys me so much that it actually makes me lose control when she does that taunt and it affects my performance. It’s honestly a really good mindgame because of that because she makes me want to strangle her to death.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I love irritating taunts. I was royally pissed that they removed Sonic's "You're too slow!" line and replaced it with the way-more-boring "Sonic Speed!"

I vote that Zelda's wave is the most annoying simply because it's so tame. I want her to have something flashy, and she just looks like she's hailing a cab.

On that note, "HI I'M DAISY!" is an absolute must. And seeing the moveset swap hacks when Ridley or K.Rool get to do Bayonetta's would also be glorious.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yeah.. I only came on this thread to vote for, "HAI IM DAIZEE!!!!!!"

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I feel like any taunt after a cheap kill is the most annoying taunt of all time. For example, let's say you were on up against a Link on For Glory. Their playstyle mainly consists of spamming their projectiles at you to rack up damage. If you got close, they would either roll behind you to the other side of the stage, or they would grab you, pummel you a little bit, back-throw you off the stage, and THEN roll to the other side of the stage to continue spamming their projectiles. They repeat this process until you approach with a high enough percentage, only for them to perform a Smash Attack and hopefully KO you. Even if you somehow miraculously survived that with DI, they would still taunt regardless. Because of Smash 4 limiting the amount of times you can taunt in a public match, they would only taunt once or twice, or even thrice if they do manage to get that kill out of you. This is the type of taunt I hate the most. The ones where they taunt repeatedly like they didn't just resort to some low-handed tactic to win.

D

Deleted member

Peach's is the worst. Zss also gets on my freakin' nerves.

Ghouls

Smash Rookie
Tbh real taunts are annoying and all but nothing gets me angrier than Falco's 'dab'.

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
I looooove :4peach:‘s side taunt as a Peach main because it’s so effective at getting into her opponent’s head. It’s so funny seeing my opponents all heated up after a sweet princess sings and dances tauntingly at them. I love how it’s actually a real taunt, and not just a pose or catchphrase like most characters do in their “Taunts”. Peach is literally taunting her foe, egging them on to keep attacking her, mocking them with her tone to infuriate them, and that’s why I love it so much ;) it’s not surprising that she’s dominating the poll.

hposter

Smash Apprentice
I looooove :4peach:‘s side taunt as a Peach main because it’s so effective at getting into her opponent’s head. It’s so funny seeing my opponents all heated up after a sweet princess sings and dances tauntingly at them. I love how it’s actually a real taunt, and not just a pose or catchphrase like most characters do in their “Taunts”. Peach is literally taunting her foe, egging them on to keep attacking her, mocking them with her tone to infuriate them, and that’s why I love it so much ;) it’s not surprising that she’s dominating the poll.
you are EVIL, my good sir. :laugh:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Me when taunted by another player: *is too busy sulking over the lost stock to be affected by the opponent's taunt*

Me when taunted by a CPU:

Last edited:

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Honestly, no taunts annoy me in the way I think you're looking for. However, Palutena's pole dance taunt just seems to...weird for a Nintendo character to be doing. So I guess it annoys me because of how wrong it feels? Always gave me stripper vibes.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Probably ZSS, 'cuz she displays zero emotion whatsoever as she speaks.
That's one way to make me dislike a character, make 'em coolheaded to the point where they lack an actual character.

CleverMiss

Smash Rookie
Peach’s dancing taunt is a pretty good mindgame. She can provoke her opponent to the point where all they can think about is hitting her, making them play way more aggressively. It’s so provocative and salt-inducing that it burns the mind of her opponent and makes them forget about strategy.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Peach’s gotdamn side taunt and Palutena’s stripper pole dance are the worst. Period.

But if I had to pick one, definitely Peach’s.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Probably ZSS, 'cuz she displays zero emotion whatsoever as she speaks.
That's one way to make me dislike a character, make 'em coolheaded to the point where they lack an actual character.
ZSS isn't even remotely apathetic. "Is that all?" is a good taunt to upset people because even if they're trying, just saying that makes it seem like you effortlessly dealt with your opponent.

One taunt I like doing is Samus' down taunt. It's like she's asking, "Where did my opponent go?" Or, if you want to act like you didn't have to try, balance on the ledge.

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
Peach’s dancing taunt is a pretty good mindgame. She can provoke her opponent to the point where all they can think about is hitting her, making them play way more aggressively. It’s so provocative and salt-inducing that it burns the mind of her opponent and makes them forget about strategy.
Exactly! It’s so good at making people salty and tilting them to make things easier for you.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Definitely Zelda's wave is 2nd place for me, only because I've never played against a good peach player that's also used her side taunt. Whenever I win, with or without peach, I sometimes play as peach next game and side taunt them. They usually quit sooner or later.

Solarman432

Smash Rookie
I think that almost all of the taunts on this poll exasperate me.

:4peach:‘s “Lalalalalala” - REALLY annoying, she sings at you tauntingly and is mocking you in the most annoying way possible. Very condescending, especially with the jig she does while swishing her dress to bait an attack. It’s the literal definition of a taunt and enrages her opponent most of the time. (And don’t even get me started on her “Aww, Did I wiiiin?” victory quote...)
:4palutena:‘s Pole Dance - God, does this one get the rage flowing. Her giggle is so condescending and mocking that it gives me a huge urge to smack her in the face even despite how attractive she is. A literal Goddess is taunting you like she’s playing with her food and not taking you seriously. That’s gonna piss you off.
:4zss:‘s “Is That All?” - Mocks your skill. Taunts you by telling you how little effort she needed to beat you. EXTREMELY annoying if she uses after kicking your *** or laddering you off the top at 0. She’s damaging her opponent psycologically, making them salty and taunting them into a rage.
:4lucina:‘s “Come At Me.” and “I Cannot Lose~” - Really arrogant taunts coming from a character who isn’t arrogant at all in her game. Especially annoying if she does them after a shield break. She also has very condescending win quotes against Marth and Ike, which would really tip me over the edge if I mained them and lost to her.
:rosalina:‘s “Mmm-Hmm!” - The level of condescension in this taunt is through the roof. It doesn’t help that she’s already a very frustrating character to fight, so an annoying taunt from her will drive people crazy. I can’t even explain how this taunt is annoying, it just gets frustrating quick.
:4zelda:‘s Wave - Extremely provocative if used at the right time. Being killed by F-Smash and being sent all the way across the screen and she just waves goodbye to you. Being killed off the top by a star KO and seeing her wave as you fly off into the blastzone is extremely tilting. She’s also a low tier, which makes it all the more humiliating.

Why do so many of the female characters have such aggravating and mind burning taunts?

Last edited:

Donnydaysss

Smash Rookie
Rosalina’s “MMMHMM” and Zelda’s wave drive me up the wall. I thought that these 2 characters were both calm, cool and collected woman, so when I see them do their really condescending taunts, it puzzles and angers me at the same time. These are the 2 characters I least expected to have annoying taunts.

Peach’s dancing taunt is also very frustrating.

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
Why do so many of the female characters have such aggravating and mind burning taunts?
Hmmm... I actually didn’t notice that until now. Considering the male to female ratio is something like 4:1 in this game, it’s strange how the woman have more annoying ones overall.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I have a couple of theories as to why, but they all involve a certain eight-letter-word that's "controversial" to the point where it'd be more appropriate in the Debate Hall, so frankly I'm not going to bother.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
A little surprising to me that Ness, Pikachu, and G&W are getting a number of votes but aren't being talked about much. I main both Ness and Pikachu so neither of their taunts bother me.

For me it's Peach and Palutena's, with ZSS's being an honorable mention. They're the most condescending to me.

I might've considered voting for Zelda, but her wave taunt looks really different depending on if we're talking about 4 or Ultimate. 4's never looked that obvious to me what she was doing, whereas Ultimate's seems a lot more obvious, and will probably be far more salt-inducing.

Nyubi

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-2778-3020-7519
To be honest, the Pikachu and Ness are the cutest for me, I CAN'T HATE THEM or I feel like a guy that punches kids at his free time. :GCA:<-

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Side taunt for :ultsonic:...but strictly because the lack of “you’re too slow”

Uffe

Smash Hero
Zero Suit Samus - "Is that all?" This one is pretty insulting. As if you're unable to do anything else. I beat a Zamus who taunted this one at me and didn't stick around for another match, because that one is rude.
Falco - "Piece of cake." This basically says you're not a challenge.
Peach - "Lalalalalala!" The words, "You can't beat me," go with that taunt.
Zelda - *waves* Bye, Felicia!

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
Judging by the votes and replies, I think it’s safe to say that Peach is the queen when it comes to taunting and playing mindgames with her opponents.

Last edited:
Top Bottom