• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The MOON, MOONS into Smash!

Barbasol

Smash Ace

The Moon, Moon of Zelda!
"I will consume. Consume Everything, that is."
moon4smash.png

Overview
The Moon - a celestial body like none other. Hovering around the planet with it's eery face and moon teeth. No newcomer boasts the longevity to Nintendo franchises, or gaming in general, than that of the Moon. Also known as Luna, the moon's first appearance in a Nintendo Game harkens back to the early NES. Typically depicted as it's crescent form, the Moon has accumulated by far the most appearances of any first-party character than any other. It even appeared as the main antagonist of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Reasobs why The Moob would be the most likely:
1 - The Moon is constantly being teased in various promotional art.
As you can see in the below images, Sakurai has continually alluded to the Moon in nearly all promotional materials for Smash Bros Ultimate so far. No other character in the series has been teased so directly. Even at the end of the Simon Belmont reveal trailer, what do we have as the last shot - CASTLEVANIA IN FRONT OF A GIANT MOON. It could not be more apparent.

2 - She would be a direct antagonist to several fighters
As you know, the Moon is known to control several bodily rhythms of human anatomy. As the lunar Period waxes and wanes, so too would the Moon act as an antagonist for around 11 different fighters in the roster. This influence would be subtlely felt by these fighters - could maybe be implemented based on the Switch's game clock?

3 - Skull Kid Misdirection
Many of the users on the board are referring to all the hints that Skull Kid is one of the most likely reveals for Smash 5. This is patently incorrect as the teasers for skull kid are only hinting at the Moon THROUGH Skull Kid. Think about it - would Skull Kid be the primary antagonist of his own game? In the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Moon, the Moon is the main antagonist, and it's prescence can be felt at any time the player looks up. You can only see Skull Kid in story cutscenes that advance the plot - which is around 5% compared to the Moons 70% of gameplay.

COUNTER-ARGUMENTS

1) He's an Assist Trophy - This is the most common criticism we have of the Moon being represented. While yes - the Moon has been revealed to be an Assist Trophy, it's only one form of the Moon's potential depictions. As seen below, the Moon can actually take on one of many different forms, all of which could even be their own Echo characters of Moon.

At time of writing there are no other arguments against Moon.

WEEKLY FAN CONTEST
Hello Everyone! As part of Team Moon we are having lunar phase challenges every lunar phase to celebrate The Moons eventual induction into Smash Bros.

This week's theme is:
MOVESET CHALLENGE! Post your The Moon Movesets below!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please do not bump your own topic if it has zero replies. Keep in mind that if it has no replies... that means it wasn't popular. It happens.

Also, I don't get how on earth it could be a Bayonetta echo. And no, that isn't a pun either. I like outlandish choices(damnit, puns), but I'd like some idea of what you find interesting about it.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Please do not bump your own topic if it has zero replies. Keep in mind that if it has no replies... that means it wasn't popular. It happens.

Also, I don't get how on earth it could be a Bayonetta echo. And no, that isn't a pun either. I like outlandish choices(damnit, puns), but I'd like some idea of what you find interesting about it.
Excellent Question. As we all know - for characters who havent been seen in combat, Sakurai has been adept at adapting their proportions for combat. As such Bayonetta's flair and personality would mesh perfectly with that of MOON. MOON is contantly grumpy and unimpressed - akin to Bayonetta's self-suredness.
I have commissioned a professional concept artist to compile this into one image below:
bayomoona.png

Top Bottom