• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Modern Day Character Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

slambros

Smash Ace
Hi! Since somebody else made a retro character poll, I've been inspired to make a modern day character poll!

These are the choices:

Anybody that has been in a game N64 and up. Years: 1996 and beyond.
Don't exclude characters that debuted in the retros. Any character that has appeared in a new game in the qualifying years are accepted.

You may cast 3 ballots at a time!

Oh, and by the way, if I have enough votes by tomorrow, maybe I could do a quarterfinals thing.

Well, get to the voting!

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
What does this mean for gameboy, GBC or GBA? It also feels kinda weird talking about the N64 as a modern day console considering that thing retired more than a decade ago. I'm also wondering whether it's the characters we want the most with no limit to third party or pick the ones that are likeliest?

Realistic one:
Isaac from Golden Sun
Andy from Advance Wars
Lyn from Fire Emblem

unrealistic one:
Banjo-Kazooie
Conker
Phoenix Wright

Pick whichever is more fitting to the kind of poll you want, if it doesn't matter, the bottom is my favorite.

Scar86

Smash Cadet
Realistic:

Sami/Max/Andy Advance wars (they work similar to Pokemon trainer and can summon different units).

Lyndis

Skull Kid

Unrealistic:

Conker

Joanna Dark (N64 version)

Turok (the Franchise has 7 games on Nintendo platforms haha)

So I guess that's 2 votes for Andy and Lyn now?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe you should establish from which decade modern characters come from

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I vote Takamaru greatest modern character

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can you please establish what new game Takamaru is from? I'm not saying I can't allow him, I just need to know if Takamaru is eligible.
Captain Rainbow, Samurai Warriors 3, Nintendo Land

I also vote balloon Fighter

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I vote for Lord Ghirahim, Black Knight and Cynthia.

honorable mentions:
- characters debuting Kid Icarus: Uprising, especially Magnus, Dark Pit, Hades and Viridi.
- Zoroark
- Bowser Jr. and Shadow Mario

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Could we please establish that if a character is quite popular in the retro poll, he shouldn't be in this one aswell, otherwise there's very little point for there to be two polls. Takumaru, Balloon Fighter are obviously more geared towards retro characters, even characters like Little Mac are way more iconic as retro figures that modern ones.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Could we please establish that if a character is quite popular in the retro poll, he shouldn't be in this one aswell, otherwise there's very little point for there to be two polls. Takumaru, Balloon Fighter are obviously more geared towards retro characters, even characters like Little Mac are way more iconic as retro figures that modern ones.
It follows his rules. I'm voting for them if they follow his rules

Not that they are well established

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom