• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Jasku

Smash Apprentice
Hello, I'm Jasku. I need an extremely good Meta Knight to train, so I can learn the matchup. We can exchange information about our characters, and since Sonic is a pretty hate character, I guess many of you want to know how to beat the crap out of him. My NNID is: Jasku-sq2

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

I want to talk about this list I saw produced in the Skype Group.

I don't really care about where I am compared to others but I shared this on Facebook since I have a lot of MKs added and a lot of them are scratching their heads. Zinoto wants to know why he's even on here lmao. Like seriously, are we gonna just look at every pocket MK that exists on Youtube? Do we just rank based off who can death combo the best or do you guys consider the other stuff....like the rest of the character?

I think this list is not all that accurate. But I wanna hear what others think.

Last edited:

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Pretty sure it wasn't a collaborative effort, I think it is mainly WN2's opinion. Zinoto's comment thread was hilarious rofl, saw that.

At this moment in time, in general, good MKs are the ones who are consistent with the death combo since it is ludicrously powerful and there is next to nothing so far in terms of how to avoid dying to it, while we find more and more ways to set up into it. It makes sense to me. In any case, Katakiri is ranked above Lucia and from what I've seen Lucia's punish game is very crisp, but his neutral isn't as good as Katakiri's, so it's not all about the combo.

idk enough about the MKs below top level to comment on them. Doesn't look too bad to me though.

Meatbag

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KeithSprings
You're better off joining the skype group and asking that. Its a lot more active than the boards.

Last edited:

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
no. i really dont know about the list ito is the combo master tyrant is a really good player kata has a clean neutral and DCape use like has being already mentioned aba is u air combo to death Leo is idk he just maked mk famous

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Got 4th last saturday on tourney, got rekt by a Ness lol
Man this thing of not having the console to practice or at least get used to characters' new tricks is hard ;(

eclipsis17

Smash Cadet
Wait so is Down-Throw -> PP bair into jab lock guaranteed whereas RAR bair isn't?

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

A guide that I learned things from.

I thought those died in April.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention that I went to some tournament in Canada on Tuesday; just 20 entrants. But I won without dropping a game all day lmao. I didn't even drop a stock until bracket. Tomorrow is the championship event of a long going circuit event here in MI. I'm in the final 16 so I'm excited. I also have some things to test out.

Also Amadeus9 Amadeus9 thanks for reminding me about Trigger Jump, I labbed it for a few hours and it helped a lot. I was two stocking my training partner left and right lol

Last edited:

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Trigger jump?

I never tried it even I don't press R like ever lol. I just claw and play like that, feels easier for me, just a matter of personal taste I guess

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
So at Smash club at my college last night, I unleashed the wrath of MK on people and I ended up putting them on tilt. Eventually I had to go on a different setup because all of them got salty and basically didn't want to deal with me anymore.

Just something I wanted to share.

ZTD | TECHnology

Trigger jump?

I never tried it even I don't press R like ever lol. I just claw and play like that, feels easier for me, just a matter of personal taste I guess
I have giant hands (come with the territory of being 6'4'') so clawing feels hella awkward for me lol

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I placed 5th at my local tournament a while ago. Felt so good. Also, if you have not seen this, I suggest you watch it.

James Mesa

Smash Cadet
NNID
KitkaDoodle
Name: Kitka, but as you can see I used my actual name by accident when registering my account.
Talents: Cooking, Smash, Digital Artwork
Dislikes: Doing nothing, Loud Noises
Goals: Become the best Yoshi main in NorCal. Be a consistently placing player.
Other facts: Bad at videogames and I talk too much

Hey is there a more consistent way to perform Uair string to UpB? I understand the Set-Ups and percents where Uair is gauranteed from dash attack and dthrow but i can never get the string going properly or I drop it and whiff the UpB. I've been working hard to have MK be my comain and dont feel like I'll actually be able to do anything with him without getting this down to a T. I've heard of different controller functions like using tap jump and I've been trying just using Y + A for it but I keep dropping the combo or misinputting a Fair. Could anyone help me out?

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Name: Kitka, but as you can see I used my actual name by accident when registering my account.
Talents: Cooking, Smash, Digital Artwork
Dislikes: Doing nothing, Loud Noises
Goals: Become the best Yoshi main in NorCal. Be a consistently placing player.
Other facts: Bad at videogames and I talk too much

Hey is there a more consistent way to perform Uair string to UpB? I understand the Set-Ups and percents where Uair is gauranteed from dash attack and dthrow but i can never get the string going properly or I drop it and whiff the UpB. I've been working hard to have MK be my comain and dont feel like I'll actually be able to do anything with him without getting this down to a T. I've heard of different controller functions like using tap jump and I've been trying just using Y + A for it but I keep dropping the combo or misinputting a Fair. Could anyone help me out?
Do you fast fall after hitting someone at lower %'s?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
every time i tell amadeus something and then he tells yall he gets all the credit. >:|

first short hop aerials with c stick

then the L trigger jump

help.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I didn't know I was supposed to. I'll try doing that. Anything else?
Something to add... You still should jump with the u airs, but fast falling lets you catch them when they are closer to the ground.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
And people always tell me "how can you do aerials with C?! eww!!"
Ever since Brawl I did that to actually be able to move whenever I want when doing any aerial lol

And about that MysmashCorner video, is all of that info legit? I thought Dthrow > Bair spike wasn't guaranteed, unless prople didn't DI, which never ever happens

James Mesa

Smash Cadet
NNID
KitkaDoodle
Something to add... You still should jump with the u airs, but fast falling lets you catch them when they are closer to the ground.
Gotcha. What's this trigger jumping I'm hearing about? Is that just using a trigger and Cstick for the aerial string? That's what I've been doing lately.

busken

Smash Ace
People need to understand that when you are playing MK you need to approach the MU like Brawl Ice Climbers. Just don't get touched, or you'll probably die.

Last edited:
Top Bottom