• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
LMAOOOOO
people are gonna be salty about no wolf tho. LOOOOL
Maining cloud btw.
This direct was BUTT

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Good to see another gaming icon make it to Smash. I wonder how they can top off this hype. I can only think of Ridley or Banjo Kazooie at this point. I'm expecting two more characters revealed in December.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Apparently, there is a Smash 4 Backroom being started now. Interesting.

I guess I have another goal to aim for haha.

Last edited:

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
Name Haiku: (if you want a color, just state it in the application!)
Talents: Eating and smash bros
Dislikes: Noise
Goals: To improve my meta knigiht, get PRd in my area
Other facts: I main Villager.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I was looking for this video, can't stop laughing!!
I'm going to a tourney this weekend and I wanted to watch some funny/janky team combos. Are there any others worth watching? I can only think on shield breaking stuff with nado + other moves like I used to do in brawl, or some footstool stuff

Yep. Wrecks certain people's recoveries that rely on going low. You can also just curve the Drill to where they pop out of it from the bottom and if they have a recovery that is weaker on vertical trajectory...RIP.

I've been saying Drill Rush is underrated for months now.

@Dogivet - Yes, that was me also. In fact, on a funny side note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=8&v=rkCZPTUs1FU

This was posted yesterday and the internet peoples immediately jumped in to defend this as mine and @smasher1001's. Too good. LOL @ SoCal tryna claim a Midwest creation. We invent those.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Noticed something. The player pushes down to perform the lagless ledge getup, the spark for fast falling is present.

eclipsis17

Smash Cadet
It's a lot slower than the traditional lagless ledge get up. This is really just a No Impact Landing.

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
i think LLG leaves to a free shuttle loop or nado maybe even DCape if u have the feeling of a spotdodge i dont really know if DCape could do something of it that one is just an idea

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Lagless getup to jab > instant upb maybe. The jab pushes you back on contact and you can immediately upb.

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
Don't mind me, just a curious Link main checking out the MK Boards. I have an idea for the five hit uair combo: Uair, (Now) Uair, (my) Uair, (power) Uair, (is) Uair, (without) UpB (Rival!)

Eh?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
no its "the abadango" and warionumbah2 warionumbah2 where u get all those mk pics i search "meta knight" on google and i dont get all those cool mk pics u have used :(
I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean these?

Last edited:

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
It's the "irrational passion", or alternatively the "Ulevo is always right"

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
That video is actually really useful. I can't get PP down, so this is a nice alternative, but I really don't like Attack Stick.
tyro8 tyro8 There's a bunch of cool ones if you search up メタナイトon pixiv. Like this one:
53236630_p0.jpg

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Japan loves the Kirby series in general so most of the good images are from there. Basically all the dank memes i posted is from some Japanese MK main on twitter.

ZTD | TECHnology

This weekend's results at Michigan's regional series:

1st in Collegiate battles out of 8 teams.

5th out of 49 teams in doubles.

9th out of 138 in singles. I did well. @Katakiri killed it though. Got 2nd place, losing only to Zinoto and bodying Rayquaza twice in bracket. There was even a shield break > taunt > kill Game 1 in Winner's lmao. Kata and I also played in pools for 1st seed; he won. Great job to him to his excellent showing! I'm catching up though. :)

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Commentator A:"Katakiri thinks MK bodies Rosalina"

Commentator B: "Well Katakiri better prove it or else he's a fraud"

Commentator A:"Yeah and against the a top Rosa too who 'insert high placing here here and there'"

-Dies below 10%, gets shield broken-

-Luigi CP-

Commentator A: I think Luigi is MKs worst MU"

-Insert MKs victory theme here-

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
HAIL TO THE KNIGHT, BABY.

I originally posted this list in the RST in response to some various disagreements over Meta Knight's status as the best you ever had. It's a list of undeniable facts about Meta Knight. Thought it would be good material here. Consider it my biannual contribution to this thread.

1. Meta Knight is the greatest swordsman ever to grace the confines of space-time with his existence. :4metaknight:

2. Meta Knight is the best you ever had. :4metaknight:

3. Meta Knight is king of the universe :4metaknight: (and the best you ever had).

4. Meta Knight is a better swordsman than any character on the Smash roster (or anywhere else). :4metaknight:

5. Meta Knight is the best you ever had. :4metaknight:

5.5 Meta Knight is the best Fire Emblem character. :4metaknight::4marth::4lucina::4myfriends:

6. Meta Knight is a better character than any other on the Smash roster (or anywhere else). :4metaknight:

7. Meta Knight is the most powerful being in the universe and the second most
powerful Nintendo character of all (behind Pit of course :4pit:). :4metaknight:

8. Saying anything reminiscent of or translatable as "Meta Knight is dumb" or "Meta Knight is anything less than the best you ever had" is a sin punishable by twenty-seven billion additional years in purgatory. Refusal to repent of this heresy within three seconds is punishable by eternal damnation to hell. :4darkpit::4metaknight:

9. Meta Knight is funkier than the rest. :4metaknight:

10. Meta Knight is the best you ever had (and the best you ever had) :4metaknight:

11. Meta Knight makes the spiciest salsa you'll ever taste. :4metaknight:

12. Meta Knight is Majora's Moon. That's why he wears the mask. :4metaknight:

13. Meta Knight has the fifth biggest Ty beanie baby collection in the galaxy. :4metaknight:

14. Meta Knight is the best interpretive dancer you ever had. :4metaknight::4metaknight:

15. Meta Knight is Antonio Banderas. That's why he wears the mask. :4metaknight:

16. Meta Knight won the Smash Ballot. :4metaknight:

76. Counting is irrelevant. :4diddy:(and the best you ever had)

89. Meta Knight is quite the philanthropist. :4metaknight:

57. Meta Nit hs mor swag thn u. :4metaknight:

42. Meta Knight is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything. :4metaknight:

10467829471293652046290763847634319619351927123913072412357087 is a big number. :4lemmy:

63. Meta Knight is the best you ever had. :4metaknight: (and the most powerful Pokémon of all :4mewtwo:)

90. Meta Knight has acne problems. That's why he wears the mask. :4metaknight:

102. Meta Knight is a very sensitive person. :4metaknight:

38. Meta Knight is the best best you ever best. :4metaknight:

9001. Meta Knight's power level transcends all understanding. :4metaknight:

:4metaknight:. I am Meta Knight.
II. Meta Knight is your father. That's why he wears the mask. :4metaknight:

37. One does not simply kill Meta Knight. :4metaknight:

4. Meta Knight is the best you ever had. :4metaknight:

4. Meta Knight understands how you feel. :4metaknight: (it's ok...)

4. Cooking Mama: Meta Knight Edition is a thing in 2047. :4metaknight:

4. I really love this smiley. :4metaknight:

4. Meta Knight is actually Ridley. That's why he wears the mask. :4metaknight:

4. Pacman is the best you ever had. :4pacman:

4. Meta Knight has a drinking problem. That's why he wears the mask and was absent for Triple Deluxe and Rainbow Curse. :4metaknight:

4. Meta Knight wears a mask. :4metaknight:

4. Meta Knight. :4metaknight:

0. Meta Knight has been, over these past few years of his existence, quite simply as well as inexorably, the best you ever had. :4metaknight:

6. Meta Knight is Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule. That's why he wears the mask. :4metaknight:

02. Meta Knight knows where you live. :4metaknight:

.Meta Knight is the Kwizats Haderach. That's why he wears the mask. :4metaknight:

666. Meta Knight is the embodiment of the end. That's why he wears the mask. :4metaknight:

3. Meta Knight is an amazing guitarist. That's why he wears the mask. :4metaknight:

4. Meta Knight has a certain set of skills. :4metaknight:

57. R.O.B. is the best Meta Knight ever had. :4rob::4metaknight:

5. Mii Swordfighter is alive. And still wearing a mask. :4miisword::4metaknight:

:4metaknight:. Meta Knight is the best you ever had. That's why he wears the mask. :4diddy:

:4metaknight:. :4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight::4metaknight:

:4metaknight:. I am Meta Knight. You killed my father. Prepare to die. :4metaknight:

:4metaknight:. You are not Meta Knight.

Zonez

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bowser2720
What is this. Is this supposed to be a meme or something. Should I copypaste this?

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I think that post actually did more harm to meta knight than it did good.

I suddenly have this urge to drop him just for that post.

ZTD | TECHnology

This guy changed his name specifically to troll and brags about it on another forum and nothing happens.

I can make one post that isn't even a direct flame and I get infracted for it.

What a joke.

Last edited:
Top Bottom