• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

warionumbah2

Smash Master
How Mr R converted

"I'm fighting a Rosalina"

"I have to go to Halberd"

"I play against Tyrant alot"

"I lost to a Mexican MK"

"This is MKs stage"

"i'll beat him with Sheik anyway so...*** it"

then

"Damn Nairo bodied my Sheik"

"**** it imma go MK"

"OH MY GOD I WON"

"Darn, nearly beat his ZSS tho...hmm MK huh"

That's how you sell your soul to MK. :4metaknight:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Needs to be buffed more, right? :p

His Brawl MK was quite good really, his was probably the best in Europe for years. He was also second best Marth on Earth (which as I'm always seeing him disemboweling Marth players it's always funny to hear commentators say "oh mr.r may not know this match up that well" if the marth ever does anything good").

linkez

Smash Cadet
Mmh, the best marth being mikeneko i guess?

Anyways, i'm not really happy about all this sudden popularity of the char. Let us be in the shadows dominating your nightmares x)

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
I'm not a good player, but with the nerf to Falcon's two safest KO move (Bair and Uair) and the buff to our Jab, I think that the matchup just might be 50 : 50 or 45 : 55 in Falcon's favor now. We could already edgeguard Falcon pretty easily with Bair and the buff to our jab makes edge guarding Falcon almost effortless now. Falcon's 2 safest KO moves being nerfed means that he'll have to work slightly harder for KOes now, which gives us more opportunities to abuse his poor disadvantageous states. We probably still lose the MU due to our neutral being significantly worse than Falcon's however.

Also, can someone link me to the Matches where mr. r used Meta Knight?

Sneaky boy Nick

Smash Journeyman
I need assistance, Metaknight combos that don't involve up air. My friends tell me I always go for the same thing and don't understand my character.

I'm pretty hurt and would like to prove them wrong somehow.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I two stocked Ryo's Roy and can't take a game from Static Manny's. Beating Roy's Up-B is... difficult. Once I figure it out I don't think that I will lose to Roy anymore. I also lost to Myran today, so I am going to be looking into Olimar soon.

@ItoI6 Ideas?

D

Deleted member

I posted this in the Skype group already, but it looks like he's going to be dedicated to using the bat.

Zonez

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bowser2720
At this rate, everyone is going to main Meta Knight. :4metaknight:

This'll give me PTSD. :metaknight:

Last edited:

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
I need assistance, Metaknight combos that don't involve up air. My friends tell me I always go for the same thing and don't understand my character.

I'm pretty hurt and would like to prove them wrong somehow.
Shameless plug :dkmelee: Scroll down to "Combos and techniques to focus on"

Also you can find a MK combo compendium here

Not tunneling on Uair combos is kind of important because if you're doing that you will miss out on easier free damage at some percents, and also you're being predictable. It is very powerful obviously but it's not the be-all-and-end-all MK combo

Rizen

Smash Legend
I was bored and looked at recent activity which lead me to the top 5 MK thread. Kudos to you MK players for going to tourneys and having a good competitive outlook.
I sometimes play MK for fun but aren't knowledgeable about him.

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
So much for zss being a win button against meta knight

I wouldn't mind if fair autocanceled, in fact I'd love it. Everyone knows he doesn't NEED the buff but it would make him that much of a better character without being broken. A bat can dream can't it?

Last edited:

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Oh my god Salena is looking so impressive. Seriously he's gotten so damn good. I have much yet to learn.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Not tunneling on Uair combos is kind of important because if you're doing that you will miss out on easier free damage at some percents, and also you're being predictable. It is very powerful obviously but it's not the be-all-and-end-all MK combo
Am I wrong here? Salena with the Dthrow > dash attack > Uair string with fastfalls at low %s... I guess if you're that good at reading DI and fastfalling Uairs then it outclasses Dthrow > Usmash hugely. Damn son.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
But it doesn't outclass dthrow tornado (well it does, but not in a strong extent). And it can mess with your percent knowledge by scaling Uair.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Am I wrong here? Salena with the Dthrow > dash attack > Uair string with fastfalls at low %s... I guess if you're that good at reading DI and fastfalling Uairs then it outclasses Dthrow > Usmash hugely. Damn son.
Salena is almost certainly the best at uair combos. That play is nuts.

But it doesn't outclass dthrow tornado (well it does, but not in a strong extent). And it can mess with your percent knowledge by scaling Uair.
Staling uair can be a good idea tho.

Last edited:

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Dthrow to DA works against DI away, Dthrow to tornado works against DI up. If you can read or react to it, they take 30% either way. Then if you get another grab, they take an easy 25% from Dthrow > Fair > Up-B, or you straight up kill them with Fthrow > Uairs > Up-B. This character is nuts and I like it. :4metaknight:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Against fast fallers you can DA --> Utilt --> Uair is a legit frame trap and you can so much momentum off it. I remember telling ito months ago and he said it wasn't feasible when up smash exists, the reduced end lag on nair allows us to punish airdodges and follow the opponent who's in hitstun.

If they jump uair takes it away, airdodge means they're free for a ff nair punish, if they try to use an aerial we will hit them first. If you land the uair you can keep it going but when you notice or feel like you'll overshoot just go for nair preferably fast fall nair.

You can potentially get more reward than DA to tornado, but that'll always be a safe guaranteed combo which will never lose its usefulness. sh into pp is the truth, the way salena plays neutral is incredible and unique. We finally got what greninja and pac man got in Japan, a great month for MK indeed.

"ftilt"
@ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 at this stage, is there any reason to ever doubt me again?

Foster J.

Smash Ace
So the Smash Con videos are starting to get uploaded, I didn't see this Mr. R game myself, but he looks like to have picked up a fair amount of fundamentals regarding the character already, going as far as taking a game of Nairo's ZSS with the last game on BF being close as well.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
We all knew he was high tier bbefore, people outside this board tend to be hella slow and are clueless about his meta growing . He's 99% top 15 or close to top 10, sh fair will make him top 10.editing that uair combo post when I get home

Last edited:

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
I'm beginning to think that perfect pivoting is what's really going to push this character forward. Being able to actually use ftilt to space or quickly close the gap and utilt into uairs is very strong. I'm going to be spending a lot of my time practicing movement tech to take advantage of these options. It'll be odd to use c-stick for tilts for a while, but i really think my play will improve because of it. Though I'll have to work on being more precise on the stick because I tend to throw out nairs instead of dairs when i don't want to X(

Also @ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 , I made my avatar just for you kyaa~
Oh god I'm so ashamed of my life choices

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Welp. We might never get our short hop forward air buff. Meta Knight's forward air might remain his only bad move.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
It took one video to ruin us ONE VIDEO!!!

Anyway i do not think ZSS is as bad as i made it seem, the video above is basically a high level ZSS vs 2 week MK.

Nairo is not shaken by the MU, yes he hasn't played high level MKs but he's played plenty of bad and mid level knights(zucco's on stream). Mr R didn't get 2 stocked, he made a comeback in game 1.

Thoughts about this MU? Still think its in her favor but nowhere near as much.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo

Anyway i do not think ZSS is as bad as i made it seem, the video above is basically a high level ZSS vs 2 week MK.

Nairo is not shaken by the MU, yes he hasn't played high level MKs but he's played plenty of bad and mid level knights(zucco's on stream). Mr R didn't get 2 stocked, he made a comeback in game 1.

I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as we thought it was, but I still think there is a case for 55:45 to 60:40

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

I've been focusing hard on our more complicated MUs. Its still hard as balls. But maybe not 35:65 like many stated. I'm leaning toward 40:60.

Top Bottom