• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mirage Slaying Everyman: Itsuki Aoi for Smash Switch (Happy Birthday To You)

D

Deleted member

Itsuki is probably my biggest example of a totally out there choice that's incredibly unlikely yet I support it anyway. I highly doubt it will ever happen, mainly because the game wasn't the most successful which will probably lead it to going the route of Nintendo games like Custom Robo, but I've enjoyed what I've played of it and Itsuki would be a great character for Smash in my opinion.

I'd like to be added to the list of supporters if you please.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Itsuki is probably my biggest example of a totally out there choice that's incredibly unlikely yet I support it anyway. I highly doubt it will ever happen, mainly because the game wasn't the most successful which will probably lead it to going the route of Nintendo games like Custom Robo, but I've enjoyed what I've played of it and Itsuki would be a great character for Smash in my opinion.

I'd like to be added to the list of supporters if you please.
Glad to have a new supporter.

But unfortunately I will have to say that I will no longer be here anymore.

So for any TMS fan that wants to own this support topic, I will wish the best of luck to them.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I could be wrong, but Itsuki's been getting a lot of recognition in Fire Emblem Heroes lately, right? Like, he's the one that reveals F.E. and S.M.T. take place in a unified timeline by mentioning Anna working in the Hee-Ho Mart?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I could be wrong, but Itsuki's been getting a lot of recognition in Fire Emblem Heroes lately, right? Like, he's the one that reveals F.E. and S.M.T. take place in a unified timeline by mentioning Anna working in the Hee-Ho Mart?
Also, I saw that he was in the Top 20 of all males too. Even beating the supposedly more popular Tsubasa.

I can't believe I am saying this, but happy things are in full circle. Like we all know who the true main character is.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The support list is now updated. Anyone else I've missed?

In other news, I recently started to play FEH more in hopes of getting Itsuki as a unit. The event is over, so now I need RNGsus to give me to luck for summoning him at all.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Also, I saw that he was in the Top 20 of all males too. Even beating the supposedly more popular Tsubasa.

I can't believe I am saying this, but happy things are in full circle. Like we all know who the true main character is.
Yeah, from what I've seen? The combination of TMS getting another chance at life on the Switch and FEH adding TMS content seems to have done Itsuki quite a number of wonders, such as having people actually acknowledge/remember that HE'S the MC of TMS.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I like Tsubasa too, but I felt kind of bad for poor Itsuki for a while due to Tsubasa nearly displacing him as the MC during the days of the Wii U. To me, it felt like a parallel to Chrom getting clowned for quite some time following Smash 4's release.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, from what I've seen? The combination of TMS getting another chance at life on the Switch and FEH adding TMS content seems to have done Itsuki quite a number of wonders, such as having people actually acknowledge/remember that HE'S the MC of TMS.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I like Tsubasa too, but I felt kind of bad for poor Itsuki for a while due to Tsubasa nearly displacing him as the MC during the days of the Wii U. To me, it felt like a parallel to Chrom getting clowned for quite some time following Smash 4's release.
But now people remember and appreciate him more. He may be a vanilla protagonist, but there are some hidden depths that make him interesting. Lets not forget that he was a great food critic in a certain Tiki side mission.

And with his popularity in FEH, he won people over more. Now all that's left is seeing if he will be considered as a DLC fighter in this pass. While TMS is fresh on everyone's minds.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you know i like itsuki despite his lack of personality and character development and the fact that the story focuses on another character than him (which is a bit weird for a main character) he could bring some neat stuff to smash or he could be a 5th marth i suppose

however i would prefer we got rid of some of the other FE characters before we got any more

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I've been playing TMS ever since it got ported, and I'll admit, I'd be okay with Itsuki in Smash. I'll admit, I understand why people prefer Tsubasa over him, but hey, "main character bias" may as well be official at this point. Granted, my idea for Itsuki is basically Marth but with Joker's Persona gimmick, so what do I know?

By the way, for those curious, Itsuki was the most popular male TMS character in CYL and the third most popular overall. The most popular was Tsubasa, and the second most popular was Tiki.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Cute idol who happens to have a unique weapon.

Usually people flee in terror of Itsuki for having a sword and being generic. When he can do more than that. Zio anyone? He specializes in lightning magic. Some could say he is Robin 2.0, but his blade is of a difference shape and he open pierces more than swing.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Cute idol who happens to have a unique weapon.

Usually people flee in terror of Itsuki for having a sword and being generic. When he can do more than that. Zio anyone? He specializes in lightning magic. Some could say he is Robin 2.0, but his blade is of a difference shape and he open pierces more than swing.
shes cute? dont see it myself

i agree itsuki has plenty to offer to separate him from other sword users, not just his lighting magic but some of his ad-lib performances would cool to use like that one where he yells into a micro phone. hed probably end up summoning chrom for his final smash so i guess he really would be robin 2.0

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, I just beat TMS, and I'm just gonna say this: if Itsuki ever gets a Legendary Hero alt in FEH, I know EXACTLY what it'll be.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Is this better than Byleth? Arguable yes, just now with both P5 and FE3H presented, I don't have high hope for this franchise being upcoming DLC, and whether FE Encore a "brand new" franchise is still kinda debatable. Maybe inserting him in Smash 6 over yet another FE new entry would be nice.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If Itsuki was added to Smash, would TMS be considered a separate universe from Fire Emblem?
No, it would be listed as Fire Emblem. Tsubasa's spirit is grouped with the Fire Emblem spirits.

Top Bottom