• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

The Mii Sword Arts

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
DigitalAtom6 submitted a new guide:

Mii Swordfighter guide - description and uses of every move of the Mii Swordfighter.

Table of contents:
1: intro
2: discussion and opinion of each move
2.1: ground moves
2.2: smashes
2.3: aerials
2.4: throws
2.5: specials
3: General stats and pros and cons.
3.1 jump height
3.2 movement speed
3.3 pros and cons
4: General strategy
5: End

When I look around on this site about opinions of the Mii Swordfighter, they are all quite negative. I'll show you that this character can be top tier if used correctly.

2: Discussion and...
Read more about this guide...

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
Things you may want to mention/change:
Star throw has mild knockback/hitstun not point blank.

Fury stab, when charged, gives horizontal movement in the air, so it can help your recovery.

Sprint stab, again, helps tremendously with your horizontal recovery, while not being as bad as the sault stab. It's a better approach tool than dash as you can undercharge it and then shield.

Rainbow sword's turn around isn't comedic, and is one of the better gimping tools in the game, at least in certain matches. Watch a good mario cape player if you don't believe me.

Short hop rocket stab has uses that should probably be covered, and make it very different from sprint stab, especially the angel covered.

Note that I tested this character with a Mii that had +54 in speed, +40 attack and +1 defence. If you have different stats, some combos might not work or force you into an entirely different playstyle. I personally think that speed comes to this characters best advantage, since Mii swordfighter has approaches that depend on being able to catch the opponent off guard.
The attack is second priority, because if you don't have much power, your KO moves take up to 200 percent to KO reliably. You'll probably be KO'd yourself before you even get your opponent there.
Equipment is looking a lot less likely to be legal than mii's right now, and either way his moves ko way before 200% without boosts.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Should be noted that Airborne Assault charges faster if you trigger it with a smash input instead of a normal one.

It makes it somewhat easier to use.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Overall the speed is not insanely fast like Zero Suit Samus or not too slow like Ike. It's somewhere in between there.
This post implies that your Mii isn't a max size max weight Mii. What were the size and weight of the Mii you were using for the guide?
EDIT: sorry i just noticed you were using 54 speed on a medium Mii you might want to rework that because Mii Swordfighter is about as fast as Ike.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Short and wide being tall gives a relatively small range boost at the cost of a noticeable speed and end lag decrease. Being wide makes the sword larger and really the weaknesses from being wide are mitigated by the fact that the Swordfighter should not be off the ground.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I was using mii swordfighter for a bit and that whirlwind is pretty cool. It forces opponents into the air into bad situtations and this setups for up air kills.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Yeah, it does make your opponents have to react to the Whirlwind. Either they will shield, roll, spot dodge, reflect, or jump. If you perform the move during a short hop, you can force them to Double Jump. From here you need to response correctly.

RoboTek

Smash Rookie
Counting a Mii with bonus is absurd. It is rare to impossible that a remotely competitive group will allow this.

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
DigitalAtom6 updated Mii Swordfighter guide with a new update entry:

Mii swordfighter Guide, a description of moves and strategy. (post patch 1.0.8)

Table of contents:
2: discussion and opinion of each move
2.1: ground moves
2.2: smashes
2.3: aerials
2.4: throws
2.5: specials
3: General stats and pros and cons.
3.1 jump height
3.2 movement speed
3.3 pros and cons
4: General strategy
5: End

When I look around on this site about opinions of the Mii Swordfighter, they are all quite negative. I'll show you that this character can be top tier if used correctly.

if you're looking for what kind of...
Read the rest of this update entry...

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247

New things since patch 1.0.9 and 1.1.0

I added some combo's into the Fair explanation since it became faster in 1.0.9
Chakram has been updated to make it a must-have move. After all, a 10 frame buff is huge. The biggest buff this patch.
Shuriken of Light now deals more damage at all ranges by about +2% on average. This makes it my current recommendation.
Super sword barrage's distance was buffed. Now I think it has better recovery than Hero's Spin, though it can't kill like Hero's Spin can.

To summarize, this patch along with the...

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247

Extra Ideas

• I color coded the titles to make the guide somewhat easier to read and skim. I know it can be better, but I'm not really good at that stuff, so some pointers are appreciated.
  • I updated the general strategy slightly to be more up to date with the patches.
  • I added some moveset suggestions with each their own focus. I was reading through the character discussion and they reminded me that some tourneys treat Mii's like some disease because their customs should be fully allowed to...

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247

Layout overhaul, gifs and combo compendium.

• I set each part of the guide in spoiler tabs to make navigation easier.
  • I added .gifs showing all the moves of Mii Swordfighter as well as his movement. This is to make it look better and have an visual cue of what I'm talking about. Three hours of work just for you. Enjoy!
  • I changed the text and contents of the guide somewhat. I deleted things that I no longer agree with as well as things that were too long-winded. There is also no more talk of a patch. The guide describes...

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
If you're still open to more ideas for the name of the guide,

• The Mii Scroll of Swordsmanship
  • The Mii Art of the Sword
  • The Mii Sword Arts

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247

Cuddly Cat

Smash Rookie
The weak Chakram throw is really good for combos. On 3DS, i was messing around and found you could shorthop forward into a weak Chakram aimed downwards, locking opponents with the multihits. Then, you can attack with forward tilt, or even forward smash if you're using a badge that lowers your landing lag.

I bet with Ultimate's lowered global landing lag and faster global airspeed, you could still true combo into forward smash, or a special attack; However, it's pretty tricky to perform, and i don't have Ultimate so i don't know for sure if it works there. If somebody would test it out for me, thank you :D

Top Bottom