• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

Junahu

Smash Ace
The

Thread

Confirmed Confirmed Confirmed!
(And they have three movesets to choose from)

In case you've been living under a rock since the Wii's release; Mii's are Nintendo's universal digital avatar system. Simple facial decals are used as an intuitive and expressive way to recreate your own handsome face. And then you can take that little mii and play as him/her in a number of different games, including Wii Sports and Mario Kart 7. They are an integral part of the Wii, 3DS and Wii-U experience, you cannot deny that Miis are everywhere.

They have been, and will be, playable in a wide variety of games.
Their flagship series' are the Wii Sports, Wii Fit and Wii Play franchises, all of which have multi-million sellers. They have their own wacky life sim in the form of Tomodachi Life. They are a staple, permanent, fixture in the Mario Kart series, and have become customisable players in Mario Tennis and Mario Golf. Miis are the icons that represent us both at home through Miiverse, and on the go via Streetpass.
What all of these things have in common, is that they are social, either integrating themselves into our everyday lives (Wii Fit, Streetpass etc), or offering incredible couch multiplayer fun (Wii Sports, Mario Kart etc).
And in that regard, a Super Smash Brothers game sounds like just the right place for a Mii or two. Right?

So, how do you all feel about Miis being playable in the next Smash Bros? Are you excited? Worried? Or do you just want this so we can beat up Sakurai's Mii?

About Mii Fighter;
Any Mii from your 3DS's or WiiU's Mii Maker can join Smash Bros as a fighter. There are three available movesets to choose from when playing as a Mii, and these movesets fit the general fighting archetypes of Brawler, Sword Fighter, and Gunner. Each one plays completely differently to the others. So, whether you like to battle up close and personal or keep the foe at a safe distance, everyone can play as a Mii Fighter in their own style.

You can further customise your experience using the same customisation options that are available for every character (alternative special moves, stat altering equipment etc). You can even dress your mii up in different costumes and hats, to make your fighter truly stand out on the battlefield.

Mii Related Smash Bros News;
[COLLAPSE="Pilotwings Stage"]A Pilotwings stage has been confirmed for Super Smash Bros for WiiU. In it, planes (which form the playable area of the stage) fly around an archipelago known as Wuhu island. Wuhu island, for those who aren't aware, features heavily in Wii Sports Resort, and Pilotwings Resort. In both games, Miis are the primary playable characters.

[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Find Mii Stage"]Another Mii related stage has been confirmed, this time for the 3DS Smash Bros game. The final boss from Find Mii II (AKA Streetpass Quest II) makes an appearance in this new stage. A Mii character will appear in the cage during matches, though one of the released screenshots shows that the cage can be empty too.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Tomodatchi Life Stage"]A Tomodatchi Life stage has been revealed for Super Smash Bros for 3DS. Tomodatchi Life is a series of games (released for the DS and 3DS) in which the player populates an island with Miis and helps them live their wacky lives.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Confirmed as playable character"]The Miis have been confirmed as a playable character for the next Super Smash Bros games. Not only are their faces customisable, but they have three wildly different movesets to choose from!
[/COLLAPSE]

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have this feeling that they might be in, but Im REALLY hoping that they arent. At least we know that if theyre customizable like this that they will be banned in tournaments, much like custom characters in Soul Calibur and other such games.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
One of the characters I most loathe the prospect of getting in.

Unlike the others, though, this one I'm actually scared of.

Because with the Miis returning with the new consoles, they're practically an inevitable choice, and will take up Rob/Game & Watch's role of a troll character who represents hardware.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Perhaps the saving grace here, is that Sakurai seems to avoid Mii integration whenever possible. He didn't even utilise them to act as avatars for multiplayer opponents in Kid Icarus Uprising (though they were used as avatars for Streetpass weapon gems).

Of course, Wuhu Island is absolutely going to be a stage. This is 100% a fact, even without hearing anything about SSB4.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The idea that the Mii would be a normal playable character seems to have gone over your head.

Stop crying.

Junahu

Smash Ace
That would actually be worse.

If we're going to have a lousy amalgamation of moves involving sports equipment, it'd be much better to have at least a superficial layer of customization over it.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
As much as
I would somewhat enjoy them
, I don't think they'll be a "Shoe-In" for a playable character. and I have some legitimate reasoning!

Reason?

Read the Iwata asks for "Wii Party":

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/iwata/iwata_asks_-_wii_party_19091_19092.html

Nintendo is VERY strict when it comes to Mii's being used, as told by the devs of "Wii Party."

Sota: Mii characters are a representation of the player. It’s important to pay strict attention not to do anything that would make the players feel uncomfortable, so there are rules about the usage of Mii characters.

Iwata: It isn’t allowed to do anything unpleasant to the Mii characters in order to get a laugh from the players.
Nintendo seems to be very strict on Mii use. Maybe they feel that Mii's "fighting" with eachother, getting "beat up" may very well be "misrepresentational" .

Just my 2 cents :) I personally
don't shoot me!
would like to see them/am indifferent! But they're not "inevitable". :\

Junahu

Smash Ace
It's weird how Iwata says this, when one of the first things Miis ever did, was get punched up in Wii Sports Boxing.

Though that is a very valid point none-the-less. It's like Perfect Dark's dropped face mapping feature, except the faces are more cartoony, and the violence isn't as violent.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That would actually be worse.

If we're going to have a lousy amalgamation of moves involving sports equipment, it'd be much better to have at least a superficial layer of customization over it.
Nah. They're fine.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have strong belief that the custom character on the 3DS game is actually the Mii. I mean, what else is gonna be the custom character?

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I have strong belief that the custom character on the 3DS game is actually the Mii. I mean, what else is gonna be the custom character?
All of them. Sakurai said the 3DS version would have character leveling. So every character on the roster can be leveled up & customized in some fashion. It's a separate create-a-fighter feature.

That said, I'm pro-Mii. If they can get beat up in boxing, why the heck not SSB? They should especially have the sword & shield from Find Mii.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Mii thread for Non-Whiners.

So it's kind of annoying that the only thread for Miis is some whine-fest that will only further the misinterpretation that there will be a customizable character in the next Smash.

This will be the actual SUPPORT thread for Miis instead of an opposition one. Kind of wish it wasn't me who had to make it, but I at least view them pretty favorably.

ANYWAY, adding the most prolific new Nintendo character since the release of Brawl only sounds like a good idea to me. They have many options for moves, and the very concept of them is novel. Being able to play as "yourself," fighting among Nintendo's other all-stars is such an enjoyable idea that you'd probably even be hearing that as a tagline.

There's no getting around it, Miis are a big deal.

Get used to seeing this face:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
If what Sakurai said last year about the 3Ds version of smash being more Single Player oriented, a customizatition-defined Mii character that you may be able to transfer to the Wii U doesn't sound too far fetched.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mii's in Smash are inevitable. it's only a matter of time

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I wonder what their movesets would be like, unless their movesets are also customizable. If that's the case, would they even be tournament legal, seeing as their weight would vary with each individual Mii, and if their movesets can be customized, that makes Miis very unpredictable and competitively potentially "unfair" because the opponent wouldn't know what to expect, thus going well beyond the realm of mindgames and into the realm of mindscrews.

This is merely a theory of course.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If what Sakurai said last year about the 3Ds version of smash being more Single Player oriented, a customizatition-defined Mii character that you may be able to transfer to the Wii U doesn't sound too far fetched.
That bad idea is what the other thread is for.

Miis should be looked at as you would any other character. Just, y'know, you can change their head.

@Sol: That would be cool, but I think it's much easier to make something like that work in Mario Kart than it is Smash. I'm not sure there's much to be gained from doing that considering the amount of work.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder what their movesets would be like, unless their movesets are also customizable. If that's the case, would they even be tournament legal, seeing as their weight would vary with each individual Mii, and if their movesets can be customized, that makes Miis very unpredictable and competitively potentially "unfair" because the opponent wouldn't know what to expect, thus going well beyond the realm of mindgames and into the realm of mindscrews.

This is merely a theory of course.
Are all KAK in other fighters banned from tournaments?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
They had customizable characters in soul calibur that are competitively banned because of the varying sizes you can give them. Then again, you can tinker with them alot more then mii's.

I have this odd feeling they'd be almost joke character bad competitively.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
That bad idea is what the other thread is for.

Miis should be looked at as you would any other character. Just, y'know, you can change their head.
Last time I checked that falls into customization.

And if you mean moveset I'd rather have them have a unique moveset instead of one you can create. Unless they manage to do that a full fledged feature that works really well.

Unlike that of Samurai Warriors.

Gosh Samurai Warriors customization is awful.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If people are caring too much about Mii's being competitively playable, surely the Mii character will have a "Default" set. A set where you don't change any of the things

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It is kind of annoying that this thread is so positive.

Cheer up, life's not all that bad.

@Fandangox: You were suggesting a Mii that was defined by customization because of a misinterpretation of something Sakurai said. Not a character that's like any other, but with a little bonus feature.

I was kind of hoping to stomp out the idea that the Mii would have a customizable moveset in the first post. It's a really unnecessary and silly idea.

Fandangox

Smash Lord

Cheer up, life's not all that bad.

@Fandangox: You were suggesting a Mii that was defined by customization because of a misinterpretation of something Sakurai said. Not a character that's like any other, but with a little bonus feature.
Well true. I sort of misinterpreted your other post.

But you have to admit, It's hard to not think of the Mii as not being customizable when the point about the Miis is to act as stand-in for the players whose appearance you can customize.

What I am saying is that there's little to go by for them to have as unique-moveset characters.

Not that stopped Falcon/Fox or anything.

Unless they go with movesets from the sports minigames like

Smash attack is a Tennis swing, B special is boxing punches, etc.

Junahu

Smash Ace
So it's kind of annoying that the only thread for Miis is some whine-fest that will only further the misinterpretation that there will be a customizable character in the next Smash.
You know, you're entirely free to make this thread, and more power to you for having an opinion. But maybe you shouldn't betray the ONLY reason for making your thread in the very first line, by whining about the "whiners". It's unprofessional.

Seriously, the people who are aprehensive about having Miis in SSB4 can totally just come to this thread to "whine". And you will still have to deal with people wanting customizable Miis. That is a debate you can't just sweep away with a new thread.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think it's dumb of you to make a thread and then apologize for making it. Who wants a person like that at the HELMS of one of the biggest names possibly coming to the next Smash? What kind of thread is it for supporters if the tone from the beginning is that their wanted character is a bad idea? Are you even going to keep up with it?

IT'S A COMMITMENT~

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Well, look at it this way Juna. I totally wasn't for this thread either, because of how one sided it'd be, but you kinda made the other thread one sided too man.

The thread title, the negative "If were unlucky, they'll get in" view point. both threads are way too biased. Why don't ya'll just make one thread without any bias in the title or opening post so we can see how people really feel? I personally am against the inclusion of Mii's.

Junahu

Smash Ace
My thread was self-depreciating because I understand the somewhat controversial nature of adding what is essentially a 'non-character' into SSB4. It's a kind of resigned sarcastic tone that I admit does not work well at all on the internet.

I can go back and rephrase it to be less negative, if need be.

Edit: And I indeed just did so

..I actually thought my thread was pretty neutral on wanting the Mii character on the roster.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Neutral is not what the people want.

The want positive, they want excited! They want enthusiasm

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Miis are fun. Everything is fun. Yay. As long as they don't have the horrible Mario Kart voices, I'm good.

I'd lurve to whoop some bottom as my Mii.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm glad Oasis made this actually, I was close to posting in the original saying that having an anti-support thread was a bit backwards. Any complaints to the idea of Mii's very likely inclusion should be brought to the support hub. I also appreciate him posting his Mii, because that thing is just hilarious. The head is so small and round and the glasses and smile are too big. XD

More on topic, I've always found the hate for them to be rather, well... unfounded. The idea of having Miis represented makes just too much sense, and playing as you, your friends, family, Reggie, Sakurai, Myamoto, and fictional characters sounds very Smash-like. The complaints I think generally range from them seeming like a joke character or that there style doesn't fit or they are too insignificant. They are more so funny characters rather than a joke character (one that you can take seriously but have a lot of jokes with), and they are pretty much the face of the Wii's, and are even more important with the Wii U, so they are significant enough.

As for not fitting in style wise, I do see where that comes from, but Sakurai might make-over them a bit so where the body fits in better, and then you can input the head. In that way it'd probably look a lot better, as long as it clearly looks like a Mii without appearing awkward.

I suppose in terms of move sets they can be hated on, which more so seems a bit personal and varies with each person. Fact of the matter is, they have a bunch of games to pick from to mess with, so one can be easily constructed. Would it necessarily be good? I'd say yes, it's debatable though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm thinking of possibly doing a Mii moveset soon for this thread. Not MYM elaborate, but just a moveset. I dunno.

I for one support them, seeing as how big they are in Nintendo. They also have the third best selling Nintendo series after Mario and Pokemon.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The reasoning behind HATING any character is silly. And having anti-character threads is childish.

- People usually say Mii's have no personality

Not only is this false, but if it were true, have you looked at some of the characters included in Smash? Some of them at points were extremely bland. Prior to OoT, how DYNAMIC was link? Or Falcon? How much personality does Pikachu have, really? The notion of not having a personality is inherently false, considering Mii's are meant to reflect you, your friends, and idols. If they don't have personality, it's because you essentially aren't giving them the personality they need.

- Mii's are casual

Smash is a casual fighter. Hate to break it to everyone. But compare Brawl to Blazblue. Done. Besides, Smash has a MASSIVE casual following, cater to them some.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
To add to that last point, having a casual character in isn't really a bad thing, even if Smash wasn't at all casual.

Top Bottom