• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

/|Sawtooth/|

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sawtooth_Raven
3DS FC
0001-3486-5335
O̶K̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶S̶k̶y̶p̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶p̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶i̶v̶e̶,̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶v̶i̶t̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶ ̶M̶y̶ ̶S̶k̶y̶p̶e̶ ̶I̶D̶ ̶(̶o̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶l̶o̶l̶)̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶{̶R̶E̶D̶A̶C̶T̶E̶D̶}̶.̶

̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶m̶4̶s̶h̶ ̶s̶c̶e̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶k̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶h̶a̶p̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶s̶h̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶u̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶.̶

NVM, I've been added

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I recently picked the Brawler and you may find mii more active on this thread from now on.
I thought about picking up Mii Brawler just for the Knuckles costume.

All that's missing is the Knuckles rap music.:troll:

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master
the knuckles looks really good.
Do you remember the knuckles in the trailer? it was .. ugly

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
the knuckles looks really good.
Do you remember the knuckles in the trailer? it was .. ugly
It wasn't really meant to be Knuckles, like how the Tails one wasn't really supposed to be him either.

So I won't hold it against them haha.

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Hey I've got a international in a few weeks and custom mii brawler is legal. I've never played one, what stuff do I need to know before fighting one?

Yikarur

Smash Master
Custom Mii Brawler = sizes + moves? or Guest Mii + Moves?
I'll write about Guest Mii + Moves because thats the standard. (and 1122 / 2122 because almost no one will play something different)

Game plan
- if the Mii Brawler grabs you, always DI towards him (your angle should be 90°), this makes follow-ups harder at high%. Generally Mii Brawler doesn't get any follow-ups at mid% if he has max rage.
- You should always try to play center stage. Getting grabbed on the ledge could be an early stock loss. You should avoid that.
- He has mediocre range and no disjoints so disjoints are very hard to play against for him.
- His Dash Grab is awful. One of the worst in the game. He has to come really close to you to get you with it and the grab has almost no momentum, unlike ZSS and Captain Falcon where their dash grabs are so strong that you can barely react.
- He doesn't have any strong approach options. A good brawler will short hop a lot in mid-range to bait a reaction but he can't really do that much if you don't commit into his grab. If you play really defensive and force him to approach you should have an easy time against lower level brawlers. Try to avoid getting grabbed. It's his most powerful move.
- In high% play really defensive. He doesn't have a reliable KO option so he will try to find ways to land a killmove. If you play very carefully you should live really long.
- Mii Brawler is a momentum char. He will build up a lot of damage if he gets you so try to play the neutral as much as possible.

Punishes

- SideB1(Onslaught) is similar to Captain Falcons. If you shield it on the ground you can punish with a charged smash and you have enough time to prepare the punish because he hits your shield for quite long time. But don't drop your shield until the final hit.
- After shielding the DownB2 (Feint Jump) kick you can always dash after him and punish with grab or dash attack (or even upsmash) if the kick i initiated in short hop height. Beware that this move edge cancels. It's a killmove as well and pretty flexible. But it's pretty laggy if not edge cancelled or done in a proper height.
- NeutralB1 (Shotput) is extremely laggy so if he throws uses it on-stage and you shield it you can run over half omega and true punish it.
- NeutralB2 (Ultimate Uppercut) has a bit of super armor. The move goes pretty high but if you shield it you have a really long time to punish it because he has to return to the ground.
- If he whiffs UpB2 (Helicopter Kick) he has a really insane control over his momentum. He will probably try to fake out so don't attack where he is heading in the beginning. Just wait for the final momentum change and punish then. You have enough time. (if you have a decent dash attack / upsmash)
- Fullhop Nair cannot act until he lands so if you shield fullhop nair you have like 60 frames to punish him. One of the least safest moves in the game.

Mii Brawlers KO Options
- Helicopter Kick: His most reliable killmove. Don't get caught by it. Some Brawlers tend to throw it out randomly. Be aware and avoid true combos.
- Upsmash: a normal upsmash. It's quite slow for an upsmash like that. You should avoid getting hit by it.
- Onslaught: If you roll too much in neutral this move can capitalize on that because it covers multiple grounded dodge options. But you get a heay punish for shielding it!
- Dair: One of his more reliable killmoves. It autocancels in short hop so be aware. It's pretty slow though.
- Fthrow: Doesn't kill you on the ledge until 150%, as said, don't get grabbed on the ledge.
- Bair: Bair kills you at super high% if you get hit off-stage. The move is way too weak overall though.
- Fsmash is stupidly strong, don't get yourself hard-read or hard-punished or you lose a stock very early.

I think I've covered enough, good luck =P

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
MII MAINS LISTEN UP! I want to have a "Mii Week". With rulesets at Evo 016 being decided, now is the time for all who play Miis to have their voices heard before just a major decision. So I want to make a "Character Experts" article on EACH Mii. You don't have to be a super expert or won a ton of tournaments or something to participate, even long time Mii players are eligible. Just DM me the answers to these questions for every Mii you play by MONDAY NIGHT so I have enough time to write articles. GET ON IT MIIS!

What are your biggest achievements with Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner]? Why should folks consider you a 'Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner] Expert'?

What interested you in playing Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner]?

What Mii Moveset Do You Use? (1-1-2-2. 3-3-2-2, ect.)

What are Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner]'s biggest weaknesses?

What are Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner]'s biggest strengths?

What are their worst and best matchups among the 'top tiers'?

Is Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner] viable on a national level?

Advice for anyone interested in Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner]?

How do you feel about “MiiGality”? Would rather see Miis outright banned over just being at 1-1-1-1?

Ian Viola

Smash Cadet
NNID
whyudodat
3DS FC
1332-7715-2240
oh rip
I'd be willing to say stuff if you'd still listen
I'm consistently PR'd in NC as a Brawler main
if not no worries I guess

Xyless

Smash Master
I got 5th at one of the major Chicago tourneys this week (32 players) going 50% KnockKnock the Echidna (1132) and 50% Wii Fit. I need to actually grind out better combos and setups, but I feel surprisingly comfortable with Brawler. I'm not doing Helicopter Kick specifically because Knuckles would definitely have Piston Punch since he likes digging.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
So I have no idea where to post this & I don't want to make a thread just to say one thing I was doing while in Training Mode finding out every character's footstool jumpsquat, but.

Mii Brawl 100/100 size can tapped footstool > Down air a good amount of the cast & it's true, as in, they can't put up shield before the Dair. It's a free ~12% to ~13% so I just thought I'd share. I'm really curious about large Mii size's hitboxes now 'cus that opened my eyes.

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
I think I broke Mii Brawler. Down throw Piston Punch may be a true combo KO throw... at about 60 percent. On most of the cast. Someone please lab this...

Ryuphoton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuphoton
3DS FC
2552-4567-9907
I think I broke Mii Brawler. Down throw Piston Punch may be a true combo KO throw... at about 60 percent. On most of the cast. Someone please lab this...
I've tried this with mixed results. I think it depends on opponent DI and/or character weight.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Didn't see a Q&A thread so I'll ask this here. Got curious about the differences between Mii sizes so I exploited the glitch where you use amiibo to control numerous characters at once then picked a default Mii and a Mii at smallest and thinest size and then did move -> shield and aerial -> double jump. Also spammed ground moves to see how out of sync they could get. Also tested walking, running and air speed along with short hop and full hop heights. Debating recording myself doing this and if I were to do so, would anyone be interested if I posted it somewhere on these boards? Or perhaps this has already been done? Provides a visual means of showing what the Mii's are missing out on by being restricted in size.

Ryuphoton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuphoton
3DS FC
2552-4567-9907
Didn't see a Q&A thread so I'll ask this here. Got curious about the differences between Mii sizes so I exploited the glitch where you use amiibo to control numerous characters at once then picked a default Mii and a Mii at smallest and thinest size and then did move -> shield and aerial -> double jump. Also spammed ground moves to see how out of sync they could get. Also tested walking, running and air speed along with short hop and full hop heights. Debating recording myself doing this and if I were to do so, would anyone be interested if I posted it somewhere on these boards? Or perhaps this has already been done? Provides a visual means of showing what the Mii's are missing out on by being restricted in size.
Yeah, I would be interested. It would show just how different Mii's can be depending on size, and I think that would be helpful for the ill-informed on Mii sizes.

Kaze Arashi

Smash Journeyman
Queens New York. Occasionally in Smashville
NNID
marshie2014
exactly
A sin, a mistake of nature.

I'm glad small brawler with XX22 isn't tournament legal anywhere lol, not an enjoyable opponent.

It's all up to the creator of said tournament. They're legal depending on what the tournament creator decides. Majority are just 1111 but there are some that allow custom move sets.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
It's all up to the creator of said tournament. They're legal depending on what the tournament creator decides. Majority are just 1111 but there are some that allow custom move sets.
But that doesn't change my statement. You'd have a hard time finding anywhere that allows Small Brawler with the XX22 configuration legal

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Wow, I thought for a moment this thread was a real ghost town. I shall take a little time to share a few Miis I've created and I don't know where else to put this, so...

Y'all sugar pies notice by signature I do females only with beautiful appearances. Hope y'all like them 'cause I may have more to share in the future...

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
True. They should bring it back. It's not like at that moment it's legal everyone's going to use it.
Not the small ones lol, those characters are straight up busted with certain sets of specials.

Wow, I thought for a moment this thread was a real ghost town. I shall take a little time to share a few Miis I've created and I don't know where else to put this, so...

Y'all sugar pies notice by signature I do females only with beautiful appearances. Hope y'all like them 'cause I may have more to share in the future...
those are some tall gorls

Ryuphoton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuphoton
3DS FC
2552-4567-9907
I would say guest XXXX is the best way to go. Gives access to the better moves the Miis can have while making sure they aren't busted (i.e small mii brawler). Granted, I mostly only practice default miis. And there are no other mii mains where I live so custom miis are legal, and that still doesn't entice people to play them, as they are seen as joke characters in my area. Feels bad, man.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Well, y'all wouldn't want to take on some of my Miis then. I have returned to share a few more with y'all since Miis ain't getting any love (and yes, my Mii Fighters are like family to me)...

Yeah...I made her small and light as possible and gave her the dreaded helicopter kick. I had to try this setup for myself and y'all shugs were right about tiny Brawler.

I created her not just because :4lucina: is one of my mains but her name is a pretty name.

Cute, aren't they? But since air combat is hard to manage for me I treat these little ladies like :4littlemac: and stick to the ground as much as I can.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

こんばんは! I am a shy yet adventurous 56-year-old woman who plays the Miis as tertiary characters. I hope it's fine to do a brief show-and-tell. Now, I've created a :4miibrawl:, :4miisword:, and :4miigun: and they're based off my IRL self.

Decided to go with the 2122 setup here since it is perceived to be the best custom move set. Note that she is default size since small/light is tricky for me to handle.

My favorite iteration of me thus far. Since I like the Hero Spin, it made it easy for me to narrow down my choices for custom move sets. Power Thrust I've chosen for her so that I have a speed boost on the ground.

I've chosen Cannon Uppercut so I have access to another passable finishing move. Absorbing Vortex I chose in honor of that song I Need A Healing for My Soul.

Sayonara :kirby:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom