• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mighty Gemini Warriors - Juno and Vela for Smash!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Welcome to the Jet Force Gemini support thread!

1609627984290.jpeg

For those who aren't aware:

Jet Force Gemini is a third person shooter developed by Rare and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 64. It follows the tale of two galactic soldiers, Juno and Vela (plus their wardog named Lupus), who face off on their own against a race of aliens comanded by their leader, General Mizar, who's located on an asteroid. The duo's goal is to exterminate these creatures throughout various different planets, while rescuing a group of survivors known as the Tribals. After saving all the tribals, King Jeff (king of the tribals) helps the duo by offering them a Starship in order for them to reach Mizar's asteroid. With that, they are able to defeat him and save the galaxy.
E65451D8-1453-450E-AA35-A5177447E001.jpeg

The game was quite a hit on the N64 and was oftenly promoted by Nintendo back in the day.
1B6A53D9-6635-458F-BA62-3D1E8E655912.jpeg

It has also become quite a cult classic since its launch and was also popular enough to be included in Rare's 30th anniversary game collection known as Rare Replay.
1609690816274.jpeg
Moveset:
87D63723-F4E3-46B3-BADC-96957C12A53D.jpeg
Their moveset would obviously be based around various sci-fi weapons from the game. You have a standard lazer pistol, but also plasma shotguns, rocket launchers, mines, shurickens, etc. So it could kinda be a mix of Fox/Falco, Samus and Snake.

F5224AF6-6A39-4629-8498-87D3A608FABB.png
A really cool moveset mechanic would be to also have Floyd the flying robot assisting you in battle to shoot your opponents, just like in the actual game.

How would you have both Juno and Vela in one slot?
AC78053A-0AD1-429E-8A6B-C31326A3B9BB.jpeg
I think the best and most rational way to incorporate both would be to give them the Olimar/Alph treatment, with each of them having 4 alts and Juno being the default.

What about Lupus?
3A2C7A40-BC37-4332-8ED2-621883F2FAB7.jpeg
Lupus has to appear somewhere of course, and I don’t mean just as a spirit or a stage cameo, I mean as part of the moveset as well. Perhaps the most fitting way would be to have him assist you in the final Smash, wether it’d be a cinematic one or not.

A6801AEC-FF77-489C-9714-007D5DFF7FD2.jpeg

Likeliness:
Extremely unlikely, not gonna lie, specially when there are far more popular Rareware characters out there (Conker, for example). There is something that kinda back them up however: The Rareware spirits that were found in Smash Ultimate’s files, although with how long it’s been since then and how we have Banjo Kazooie but no extra Rareware content, it was likely a license mistake from Nintendo, but at the very least it goes to show that Sakurai and the big N are quite aware of the series.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I have never heard of this before, but it seems to have the flavor of a true classic. I support. Nice additional mechanic by the way. There are no "auto assist" archetypes as of yet, and this could add a different element to gameplay.
Added to the support list, and thanks, glad you appreciated it.
I guess that’s true this could bring a very unique moveset gimmick to the game, which is definitely important since Sakurai has stated before that moveset matters more than iconicness.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Look at that, it seems Juno and (maybe) Vela were probably planned to be included as trophies in Melee too.

Damn the communication difficulties in the early 2000’s, if not for this we would’ve definitely gotten a fair share of Rareware trophies there.

Top Bottom