• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Metronome Handoff Thread: Now with MAGUS collab + charts (aka it is now perfect)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I don't think it happens more often either. I'm about to do a study. I'm about to have her do it 100 times and see if there are any patterns. Done in training mode to Marth at 30-40% (practicing Marth handoffs at the same time see wut I did thar)

#Headbutts #Instances
----------------------------
0- 87 iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii ii
1- 88 iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iii
2- 20 iiiii iiiii iiiii iiii
3- 5 iiiii
4- 1 i

Okay so I actually ended up doing 200. Oops. So here is the % chance of each one happening:

0: 43.75%
1: 43.75%
2: 10%
3: 2.5%
4: .5%

There. 0 and 1 are programmed to happen equally. 2 happens about 1 in 10. 3 about 2.5%, and 4 only happened once, it happened the seventh throw oddly enough. Fun study.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I don't think it happens more often either. I'm about to do a study. I'm about to have her do it 100 times and see if there are any patterns. Done in training mode to Marth at 30-40% (practicing Marth handoffs at the same time see wut I did thar)

#Headbutts #Instances
0- 87 iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii ii
1- 88 iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iii
2- 20 iiiii iiiii iiiii iiii
3- 5 iiiii
4- 1 i

Okay so I actually ended up doing 200. Oops. So here is the % chance of each one happening:

0: 43.75%
1: 43.75%
2: 10%
3: 2.5%
4: .5%

There. 0 and 1 are programmed to happen equally. 2 happens about 1 in 10. 3 about 2.5%, and 4 only happened once, it happened the seventh throw oddly enough. Fun study.
That's really weird. I would have guessed that the probability with which Nana decides to headbutt instead of throw is some fixed number p, in which case the chance of doing n headbutts and then throwing would be (1-p)p^n, but that doesn't fit this data at all. I wonder what factors are at work here.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I would have no problem repeating the test. All I do is sit around and do this. Keeping track was not a big issue.

I remember handing someone off in a real match, and Nana did 3 headbutts the first, 4 the second, and 3 the third. I now see how rare that truly is.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I don't think that's necessary. I'm sure the numbers are pretty accurate; they're just not what I would have expected.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Ill test that today too.

I just did a test about DI. Interesting results.

When Fox dies on FD from Nana's uncharged Usmash

No DI -- DI Up -- DI down -- DI away
---------------------------
111 -- 110 -- 111 -- 122

I had no idea that DI'ing up or down makes literally no difference, at least for Fox, than not DI'ing at all. I'll test for Jiggs.

When Jigglypuff dies on FD from Nana uncharged Usmash

No DI -- DI Up -- DI Down -- DI Away
-------------------------------------------
70 -- 68 -- 71 -- 77

Wow. Such a minute difference.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
OK, this is to test the headbutt % theory.
Handoffs are done on a Jigglypuff at between 500 and 550 %. 200 samples.

#Headbutts #Instances
0- 90 iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii
1- 77 iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii ii
2- 27 iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii iiiii ii
3- 6 iiiii i
4- 0

% Chance
0: 45% (+ 1.25%)
1: 38.5% (- 5.25%)
2: 13.5% (+ 3.5%)
3: 3% (+ .5%)
4: 0% (- .5%)

I think that these numbers are well within sample error. The largest disparity was in the 1 headbutt category, which itself became 11% less likely and it's "headbutt share" occupied 5.25% less of the total. That is a difference that I for one am willing to write off to an error caused by finite sampling and recording error.

BunBun

Smash Master
Yo Peef, DI directly against or with the natural hit angle of an attack doesn't do...well...anything. You have to DI perpendicular to it.

Also, the max angle you can affect your trajectory through normal DI is 15 degrees either way of the natural hit angle.

Just some mildly off-topic notes.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Hm? Why is that? How much of a diff does it make than totally perpendicular?

Magus420

Smash Master
That is when perpendicular. ±17.5° is the most you can alter the trajectory. If you DI something that sends straight up (90°) you can change the trajectory to within the range of 107.5° and 72.5°, with full left/right (perpendicular angle and full 'strength' of input) being each of those extremes.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Hm. I could figure this out but maybe you'll know.

How much "effective extra damage" does charging a smash like Nana's Usmash or Fsmash add? What I'm trying to say is...Nana's uncharged Usmash kills Jiggs at like 77 with good DI. If it is charged, it will kill at like 62 or something like that. That would be an effective extra damage of 15, because the extra knockback equals the addition of about 15 damage. Is this number (as a percentage of the character's total damage) consistent across characters? Across smashes?

Answer in Lonely PEEF's Data Archive if you have any idea.

Top Bottom