• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Metal Discussion (Come in here for the chugga chuzz of the br00tal metal)

Geist

Smash Master
hay guise I got an android phone and a 16gb card recommend musak.
My android only came with 4GB :[

Ever heard of Circus Maximus or Pain of Salvation? It's decent prog stuff. Also Amorphis's newer side of their discography is pretty progressive with a touch of Death metal left behind from their older days.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
:urg:

10depressings
Only thrash artist I've ever liked is angel dust (pre-line up/genre change.) They weren't innovative but they wrote solid tracks and played well

My android only came with 4GB :[

Ever heard of Circus Maximus or Pain of Salvation? It's decent prog stuff. Also Amorphis's newer side of their discography is pretty progressive with a touch of Death metal left behind from their older days.
wasnt too fond of pain of salvation.

I bought my 16gb separate. spent $25 after s/h for a class 2 since write speeds are irrelevant to me.

WaveLength

Smash Apprentice
Boris
Devin Townsend
Helstar
The Lord Weird Slough Feg
Fates Warning

That's all I got

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I don't like devin townsend or boris.

I'm flames is ****ing awful.

Will check out the rest.
What about Winds of Plague?
****ING CHECK OUT WINDS OF PLAGUE *****.
Also, maybe take a look into Morbid Angel.
I haven't heard you guys talk about them.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
What about Winds of Plague?
****ING CHECK OUT WINDS OF PLAGUE *****.
Also, maybe take a look into Morbid Angel.
I haven't heard you guys talk about them.
GG7 showed me winds of plague. They're alright but not something I'd download.

I don't really like Morbid Angel that much.

I'm more of an Amon Amarth, At the Gates, Scar Symmetry, Into Eternity person personally.

Ever listened to Trivium?
They are SO good.
I know you're being condescending, but there are a fair few singles by them that I enjoy. Guilty pleasure.

While I'm admitting guilty pleasures, Linkin Parks first two albums are still ****ing great even 9 years later when I'm no longer a depression-ridden 13 year old.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Only thrash artist I've ever liked is angel dust (pre-line up/genre change.) They weren't innovative but they wrote solid tracks and played well
lol its all good. if your looking into more scar symmetry-like stuff, i'd suggest to try bands like Soilwork and The Agonist, I don't have that much melodeath in my library, I'm leaned more towards the progressive/core/dimmu sides of the metal spectrum.

:205:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Condesending?
Trivium's one of my favorite bands hahaha. I'm going to see them at Mayhem fest this year. With suicide, Megadeth, In Flames, I think All That Remains will be there.

It's gonna be sick :awesome:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
lol its all good. if your looking into more scar symmetry-like stuff, i'd suggest to try bands like Soilwork and The Agonist, I don't have that much melodeath in my library, I'm leaned more towards the progressive/core/dimmu sides of the metal spectrum.

:205:
Soilwork is generally inferior to Scar Symmetry in every way imaginable, so I stay away from them.

I'll check out The Agonist since I'm unfamiliar with them.

I'm a prog/power person, but I definitely listen to melodeath and techdeath the next most often.

@Mink:

Oh, lol. Everywhere else I've ever posted on, if someone posted something like that, it was as a joke since Trivium really isn't that good lol. There are some tracks I enjoy, but most of the bands stuff is mediocre.

@Weegeetoilet:

Got any recommendations? ;D

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I don't even care if someone doesn't like music, but to say that they're downright bad?
You can say you hate the **** out of it, but its pretty ignorant to call it bad.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Man i love trivium
Their Ascendancy Album is gold.
The Crusade is eh, really thrash.
Shogun is grade A amazing. Down From The Sky/
Kirisute Gomen/ Shogun / Throes Of Perdition are so good.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't even care if someone doesn't like music, but to say that they're downright bad?
You can say you hate the **** out of it, but its pretty ignorant to call it bad.
What's the difference? They have no talent, they sound like crap, and they are fat. It's not ignorant, it's just like, my opinion, man. Some people are so sensitive.

Are you saying there is no such thing as bad music/musicians?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeah, that wave of goregrindslamsqueel of musicians WE CAN CALL BAD, but what you don't realize is that people listen to music because of the way it makes them feel.
I can't say the same for goregrindslamsqueel, but I know some people who genuinely enjoy it, and it is wrong of us to call it bad when there was a whole generation of people who called the founding fathers of metal bad.
My dad got **** in school for liking sabbath, and venom, and morbid angel (Three bands which pretty much defined genres genres, morbid angel) and people said they didn't like it. NO, they said it wasn't music and they said thatthey have no talent.
Luigi, I'm not ****ing sensitive but you try really hard to piss me and other users off, but me in particular.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm not trying hard to do anything, least of all make you specifically angry. I just called some bands bad bands because I think they are bad. You got upset at my word choice. I'm not going to just say "Emmure are talented musicians but they just aren't up my alley" because I truly don't believe that. I never said it wasn't music. I just said it was bad music. It's not a personal insult against you, dude. Sure, some people listen to horrible music because it makes them feel good. That's fine, I don't really care what people listen to. It's still fun to tease them for it.

And yeah, if you are actually angry as you are coming across, then you ARE too sensitive. It's just music brah

anyways. Rolo Tomassi released a 3-CD album of B-sides and crap. I really want it but I'm not paying like 25 pounds for the damn thing.

here's a video SPONSORED BY JAGERMEISTER.

[yt]ZvL2yJLky-U[/yt]

actually, the video is kind of ******** but it's a great song and it is nice to finally be able to clearly see them play some of those crazy parts.

And Eva is super hot.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rubyiris said:
I'm more of an Amon Amarth, At the Gates, Scar Symmetry, Into Eternity person personally.
I dig me some Scar Symmetry (though their last album I didn't like). Holographic Universe is one of my favorite melodeath albums.

Mink said:
In Flames.

New album comes out next month.

I really loved In Flames' old stuff. Their Colony album is definitely my favorite melodeath album. But I haven't liked any of their new stuff.

Rubyiris said:
While I'm admitting guilty pleasures, Linkin Parks first two albums are still ****ing great even 9 years later when I'm no longer a depression-ridden 13 year old.
Yesssssssss

Mink said:
Man i love trivium
Their Ascendancy Album is gold.
The Crusade is eh, really thrash.
Shogun is grade A amazing. Down From The Sky/
Kirisute Gomen/ Shogun / Throes Of Perdition are so good.
Shogun was good, but man Ascendancy was way too good.

Geist

Smash Master
I dig me some Scar Symmetry (though their last album I didn't like). Holographic Universe is one of my favorite melodeath albums.
Are you counting their latest album as Dark Matter Dimensions, or the one that just came out like yesterday? Because that newest one is a definite improvement from DMD.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I havent heard much of the scar symmetry album but to be honest I'm not expecting much.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
DMD had an AMAZING track: A Parenthasis in Eternity. Seriously, give it a listen. Now imagine how powerful of a track it would be with Christian on the mic.

Also I downloaded Black Majesty's discography. Awesome band, VERY solid discography. I love bands where their worst album is still really ****ing good.

Also Roy Khan left Kamelot. I'm pretty upset, but as long as they still have Thomas Youngblood, it's still Kamelot. *****s need to realize how AMAZING his guitar work on Eternity was versus the more generic PM riffs he plays in everything forever afterward.

The PM fanboy in me is getting reawakened lol. Put Celesty into my Pandora play list. Went 2 hours without thumbing down a single song. <3.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I've been looking for so long for something like this.
Luigitoilet
I will make sweet sweet love to your unknown body type with unknown skin color.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Can anyone here recommend me some good, non-generic metal? I'm tired of having friends recommend ****ty bands like Emmure or "KILL WHATEVER ANGSTY NAME ETC" that either sounds exactly the same or sounds like pure ****. What happened to good bands like Between the Buried and Me, (old, before singer left) Nightwish, or (old, never listened to new stuff) Nevermore?

I'm more of a post-rock kind of guy, but sometimes I'm just in a metal mood.

:phone:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yesss, Werekill's my new best friend. here's some bands

The Faceless
The Human Abstract (I would really only check out their album "Nocturne" though. the rest is a little generic)
The Number Twelve Looks Like You
HORSE the Band
Cephalic Carnage
Heavy Heavy Low Low
Dillinger Escape Plan
Animals as Leaders
Ever Forthright
Devil Wears Prada
Fantomas
Mr. Bungle
IWRESTLEDABEARONCE
Rolo Tomassi
Cynic

can't say any of them sound like Nightwish or Nevermore though XD

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Thanks for the list!

I already knew Cynic and IWABO, lol. Cynic is absolutely orgasmic, and I barely missed out on seeing IWABO live. Twice. :(

Isn't Cynic's new album coming out this year? It feels like it's been forever since Traced In Air, since Retraced, while good, doesn't really count.

WaveLength

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone here recommend me some good, non-generic metal? I'm tired of having friends recommend ****ty bands like Emmure or "KILL WHATEVER ANGSTY NAME ETC" that either sounds exactly the same or sounds like pure ****. What happened to good bands like Between the Buried and Me, (old, before singer left) Nightwish, or (old, never listened to new stuff) Nevermore?

I'm more of a post-rock kind of guy, but sometimes I'm just in a metal mood.

Try Converge, August Burns Red and Atheist.

The latest Born of Osiris album is pretty darn good, I hear.

Top Bottom