• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Metal Discussion (Come in here for the chugga chuzz of the br00tal metal)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
my favorite metal/hardcore/extreme albums from last year:

1. Forest of Stars- Beware the Sword You Cannot See (experimental)
2. Rolo Tomassi - Grievances (mathcore)
3. Cattle Decapitation - Anthropocene Extinction (deathgrind)
4. INGESTED - Architect of Extinction (slam)
5. Native Construct - Quiet World (prog metal)
6. Sea Monkey See - Mookie's Island (math rock)
7. Ni - Les Insurges de Romily (avant garde, jazz-fusion)
8. Leviathan - Scar Sighted (black metal, experimental)
9. Culture Killer - Throes of Mankind (thrash/slam/hardcore/pantera)
10. Liturgy - The Ark Work (experimental)

and, not to toot my horn too much, but my band's debut EP was pretty good imo lol Spires of the Lunar Sphere

(experimental mathcore, art metal, cybergrind, nintendocore, etc etc)

https://spiresofthelunarsphere.bandcamp.com/album/pangaea-ultima

Attachments

Mordra

Smash Rookie
Never knew someone who likes Cynic and Smash... GreenFox dude, we are brethren I guess!

I think I'll check the rest of the thread and pick some bands to give them a listen...

Darkblade1

Smash Rookie
I know no one has posted in this thread in a while, but two bands everyone should check out are The Ocean and Essential End. The Ocean is prog, and they release instrumental versions of all their songs if you don't like screaming vocals. Not sure what genre Essential End would be, but their first EP came out a few months ago and it's amazing. Would recommend you check it out (it's called Deadwood). Sorry if someone mentioned either of these bands before in the thread, but I'm too lazy to go through and check every post.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh, this thread hasn't been active in a while.

I usually listen to a lot of thrash (Megadeth, Sepultura, Kreator, etc.) in my spare time, but I've delved into death metal recently. Bands like Morbid Angel, Entombed, Pestilence and Benediction have come into my mind recently. Not that I've forgotten Death and Possessed or anything.

Left Hand Path has been a favorite track of mine for a while now.

Top Bottom