• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Menacing Bull: Black Shadow charges in!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Of course. Chrom just changed the game for the word "echo".
If Porky remains a Boss for a story mode, then F-Zero would be alone (unless you count Yoshi), and Black Shadow just fits really well, an easy "echo", and would give us more F-Zero, which would be fantastic.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
I think Black Shadow's chances as an Echo are high, as this game seems to be trying to increase the villain number in any way possible. We already got Dark Samus, Ridley, and K Rool. F-Zero deserves more than one rep, as it is the only series other than Yoshi from the original game to still have just one character. It's Black Shadow's time to race in!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I honestly could see Black Shadow echoing Ganondorf. Since Ganon has his sword, it lets people use Falcondorf from Melee. Either way he makes a lot of sense as an echo, also I want Norio Wakamoto to voice him again.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't know anything about Black Shadow but I presume he'd act as a cheesy anime villain if Captain Falcon acts as some power ranger. That's cool.

Though it's kinda funny this thread barely has 2 pages. I know I've seen his name a lot as an echo but he doesn't seem all that popular lol.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
More villains, the more fun. He's got my support.

At the chance though he doesn't get in. Someone needs to make fanart of the villains (Bowser, Bowser Jr., Dark Samus, Ganondorf, King K. Rool, Ridley and any other villains that might join) who got into the game at a pub celebrating their inclusion in Smash raising mugs (Bowser Jr. with a glass of chocolate milk) while Black Shadow is outside in the rain watching through a window on the verge of tears. :p

Seriously I just got a mental image of that in my head not kidding. :laugh:

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I don't know anything about Black Shadow but I presume he'd act as a cheesy anime villain if Captain Falcon acts as some power ranger. That's cool.
The (great) thing about F-Zero is that you can't really take the characters or the story seriously, everything is just so over the top! Just take a look at GX's cutscenes, you'll have a good laugh!

I'm all in for a Black Shadow echo. Anyone from F-Zero would make a viable one since everyone is buffed as heck anyway, but BS is clearly the most recognisable villain and direct rival to Falcon.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Yes, why didn't we get a villain newcomer in Smash 4? Support all the way. Samurai Goroh would be a good candidate, but it seems Takamaru is the popular samurai these days.
Bowser jr and dark pit

With Samurai Goroh disconfirmed and Blood Falcon's clothes still belonging to the Captain, looks like the series' meagre hopes of a newcomer hinges on this beefy fella.

Lost the potential to be an echo of Ganondorf due to the sword, and he doesn't have the same build as Falcon to work. Looks like its semi-clone or unique mvoeset for him. That's what I want, but that probably decreases his chances lol.
If ganondorf can work back in melee, Black Shadow can work now.

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yeah I mean Bladow (new and cool nickname I just made up) is a wholly good idea that would serve a useful purpose. I hope he makes it.

I know he's expected to be an echo and all but the only thing I want from him is to gore the opponent on his horns and toss the upward for his Side Special. That's all. Come on.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
More villains, the more fun. He's got my support.

At the chance though he doesn't get in. Someone needs to make fanart of the villains (Bowser, Bowser Jr., Dark Samus, Ganondorf, King K. Rool, Ridley and any other villains that might join) who got into the game at a pub celebrating their inclusion in Smash raising mugs (Bowser Jr. with a glass of chocolate milk) while Black Shadow is outside in the rain watching through a window on the verge of tears. :p

Seriously I just got a mental image of that in my head not kidding. :laugh:
Meanwhile Waluigi is sitting out in a box labeled "Assist Trophy Fodder", lol. RIP Waluigi...

Jokes aside, I'd love it if Black Shadow was a fighter in Smash Ultimate. F-Zero has had one fighter for too long that it would be welcoming to have a second fighter. Black Shadow has my support!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I know people keeps saying that Black Shadow if he gets in will be an Echo but there's one reason why he can't. He's taller and bigger. For Echos to work characters have to be the same height and weight. I do believe if he does get in he'll be kind of based off of Captain Falcon or Ganondorf from Melee but he'll be in the same way how Dr. Mario, Young Link and Toon Link are.

Also here's an idea for a Neutral B movie.

Bull Charge: Black Shadow charges at his opponents like a bull. Also depending how long you hold B Black Shadow continues to build up power and the more damage players will receive and longer he'll keep ramming into players until wearing out.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Black Shadow would be okay, but I've honestly always found his design to be a bit bland.

If I were to choose a F-Zero villain to be playable, I think I'd have to pass over him in favor of Deathborn, who shares the "big badguy" spot with him plotwise but looks a lot more visually interesting.

If i were to pick two F-Zero characters, I'd have to go with Deathborn and octoman. Not because octoman is a fan favorite or important to the plot or anything, but because he's a freaky octopus man and just looks like he could be fun to play.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Black Shadow would be okay, but I've honestly always found his design to be a bit bland.

If I were to choose a F-Zero villain to be playable, I think I'd have to pass over him in favor of Deathborn, who shares the "big badguy" spot with him plotwise but looks a lot more visually interesting.

If i were to pick two F-Zero characters, I'd have to go with Deathborn and octoman. Not because octoman is a fan favorite or important to the plot or anything, but because he's a freaky octopus man and just looks like he could be fun to play.
Deathborn was only in one game tho.
Black Shadow has been in plenty.

It's like picking Demise over Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Deathborn is kind of "just there". Yes, I know he's Black Shadow's boss in GX, but elsewhere it is all about the Black Bull himself. He's fine, but he's in the tier of Super Arrow, Kate Allen, The Skull, etc. - they exist but logically should not be the next pick.

Goroh should have been the 2nd character but since that isn't happening Black Shadow is the natural next choice. I am now slightly confident of his chances but I still a expect a roster without him more than one that includes him.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
On a side note, how annoying is it that Blood Falcon got the shaft? He's been a color palette from the beginning yet doesn't even get the Alph treatment. Ah...if only F-Zero had a game on the Wii/Wii U...

Of course, he could always be in BS' final smash. Another cinematic one with them tying up the victim on the Blue Falcon and blowing it up.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Even Daisy, who previously were a colour scheme now is an echo.
I agree that BF did not need the echo treatment, but atleast an Alph.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Black Shadow is being rerated in the RTC. Come show your support. Reminder two write at least two sentences of reasoning for Chance and Want each.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's another potential Special Move for Black Shadow.

Down B could be called Slam Fist. He simply slams his fist to the ground causing a slight tremor. Any opponents near or caught in it achieves damage.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I was just rating Black Shadow's chances in the Rate Yout Chances thread when I realised, "I haven't actually voiced my support for Black Shadow in Black Shadow's own thread". So here I am to say that I too support Black Shadow for a playable inclusion in SSBU; here's hoping!

It's a bit late and I'm about to head off to head, but from my quick browse, it is lovely to see people suggesting unique move-set ideas for Black Shadow. Always loved the idea of him having the Bind attack as a special move, as it would be fantastic set-up for a heavy weight character to deliver a powerful blow.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not sure if this rumor is legit or not but

https://www.nintenderos.com/foro-ni...no-entrar-si-no-quereis-spoilers-es-en-serio/

A dude saying for a datamine on the website

Wii fit, Rob (gyromite) and f zero has more than 1 slot for character

So black shadow perhaps?
I will have to call some serious skepticism on this one.

What other characters can Wii Fit offer than just the trainer? At least I can see Professor Hector and literally any F-Zero characer being in a second slot.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
He's not my first pick for an F-Zero character, but Samurai Goroh is an assist trophy yet again and I'm not holding my breath for Pico to ever be more than a trophy. Black Shadow's the only one that has any real chance unless they want to dig up Rick Wheeler... not likely.

Personally I always thought they should have given Ganondorf's old moveset to Black Shadow where it would make sense, and finally give Ganondorf a moveset that's inspired by the games he comes from.+

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Considering how different Ganondorf is now, Black Shadow could be like Melee Ganondorf. I could see that pleasing a number of people. Some people will be happy to see Melee Ganondorf return in some form while Ganondorf gets his sword.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm here to give my support for Black Shadow!

I've wanted another F-Zero rep for a long time now, and I hope he's revealed sooner or later. Because he hasn't potential.

But really, any new F-Zero character would be great. ^^

Considering how different Ganondorf is now, Black Shadow could be like Melee Ganondorf. I could see that pleasing a number of people. Some people will be happy to see Melee Ganondorf return in some form while Ganondorf gets his sword.
I actually see Black shadow being a faster, more weaker version of captain Falcon. Because that reflects his actual stats in the games.

Also, give him some of those magical powers he has in GX.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You got a small chance in being revealed Black Shadow but I'm pulling out for you never the less!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Count me in! F-Zero needs another rep, and who better than the series’ main antagonist so to speak?

Here’s hoping for something in less than 45 minutes!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I can't believe I didn't find this thread earlier. Count me in. F-Zero deserves to have a second rep. Unfortunately, Samurai Goroh has been relegated to Assist Trophy status for the third time in a row like Waluigi... Even if it's a small chance, I love to see Black Shadow get the nod. I support Black Shadow for Smash!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

I wanted to go ahead and sprite this guy to round out the other villains I've done.

They should have their own silly bad guy organization name. Like, the Final Four Foes.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I feel its time for F-zero to get another rep, and with Echos thats so much easier. Black shadow would be a great echo, and easy to do: just give him Melee Ganondorfs moveset, and change a few things. Like remove the Up tilt(if Ganondorf still has that very long one), and make his Side B punch down instead of up like Ganondorf did then. I don't think Melee Ganondorf had had any other unique moves then the Up tilt if i remember. Lastly, give his attacks electric effects, and change the falcon to a Bull shape, and done, easy echo, and Sakurai would have brought back a 3rd Melee lost playstyle, with Young Link and Pichu being the other 2, truely having the everyone is here bit. The only missing playstyle I beleive would be Brawls Pit.

Plus more villains is always a good thing.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So um

There’s a chance the full roster may somehow leak soon. If it does I’m avoiding the Smash Ultimate discussion thread, but please do @ me in this thread if Black Shadow is in

He, Waddle Dee and Elma are the big 3 I care about the most rn

zferolie

Smash Hero
So um

There’s a chance the full roster may somehow leak soon. If it does I’m avoiding the Smash Ultimate discussion thread, but please do @ me in this thread if Black Shadow is in

He, Waddle Dee and Elma are the big 3 I care about the most rn
you talking about that 4chan guy? that says he has video? not beleiving it myself

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
you talking about that 4chan guy? that says he has video? not beleiving it myself
Different one. Someone leaked a screen cap of Ken with Pichu, Pac Man and Ivysaur on Moray towers

zferolie

Smash Hero
Different one. Someone leaked a screen cap of Ken with Pichu, Pac Man and Ivysaur on Moray towers
Ah that one. we still aren't sure if thats real or not, and we aren't sure if they will leak more. for one thing nintendo isn't taking down that image on any place that posts it.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
So how do yall want Black Shadow to look if he gets in?
Based entirely on his trademark Batman-ish look?
Or maybe something closer to the shark toothed fellow with the purple shoulder pads from GP Legend?
I'd kinda prefer the latter since he... uhh... looks not like Batman.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The (great) thing about F-Zero is that you can't really take the characters or the story seriously, everything is just so over the top! Just take a look at GX's cutscenes, you'll have a good laugh!

I'm all in for a Black Shadow echo. Anyone from F-Zero would make a viable one since everyone is buffed as heck anyway, but BS is clearly the most recognisable villain and direct rival to Falcon.
Indeed. I'd vouch for several other F-Zero characters, but BS is important enough to focus on first.

So how do yall want Black Shadow to look if he gets in?
Based entirely on his trademark Batman-ish look?
Or maybe something closer to the shark toothed fellow with the purple shoulder pads from GP Legend?
I'd kinda prefer the latter since he... uhh... looks not like Batman.
Sakurai might do a mix of both. Wouldn't put it past him, if he wanted to do a "modern" update.

Top Bottom