• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[OLD] The Melee Toolbox | Current Release: 4.0.1

Doq

Smash Lord
This thread is outdated, and has been moved to here: https://smashboards.com/threads/462520/
Melee Toolbox development has moved to the Melee Toolbox GitHubs
https://github.com/doqtorkirby/akiha and
https://github.com/doqtorkirby/shiki

The Melee Workshop
PROUDLY PRESENTS

The Melee Toolbox 4.0
BATTLE-NAME:
EIGHT BIT WONDER OF TOOLS​

Credits:
> Fancy. These credits can also be seen by selecting [ A ] About in the Main Menu
Dolphin Development Team - Dolphin, Dolphin DebugFast
bsv798 - GCRebuilder
mh-nexus - HxD
@Chain-ace - SSBM Version Patcher
@GodFed - hps_insert, mth_make
hcs - VGMStream. SSMex
@SheiktheOgre, @Goatlink - HPSAuto
@GenesisFan64 - MeleeHPS, MeleeSSM
@CeLL - Effect/Laser Changers, Texture Finder
DRGN DRGN - Melee Code Manager, DAT Texture Wizard, PNG to-from TPL
@Ampers, @darkside426, Tater Tater - Crazy Hand
Gecko.NET Team - ASM <> WiiRD
@Milun - VertConvert
Tcll Tcll - Universal Model Converter (NOT included in main package due to large size, will be a separate download)
@Dan Salvato - Melee Toolkit
@libertyernie - KirbyTool
Thakis - thpplay

All those mentioned with @ are Smashboards members, you can click the link for a user profile

Special thanks to those that didn't make programs but have contributed heavily to the Melee modding scene, including, but not limited to:
@achilles1515, @Steelia, @Veggies, @zankyou, @MagicScrumpy, @Lanceinthepants, @_glook, @flieskiller, @sdremix_troubleshooter, @Itaru, and the rest of the working Workshop

Don't report program bugs in this thread. Report them to their program threads.
If it's a bug in the script, that's when you should report bugs.

Download (always up to date): https://github.com/DoqtorKirby/akiha/releases

Last edited:

Tater

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Taternater
3DS FC
2406-5307-2936
Looks good c:
Just so you know, I released a small patch to Crazy Hand today that added a few nice features, so you might want to include that in the next version

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
YESS! Now my dumb ass can easily maneuver around a Melee ISO without having to really know what I'm doing! Huge step forward compiling this all together seamlessly man. THANK YOUUU!

GBR

Smash Rookie
YESS! Now my dumb *** can easily maneuver around a Melee ISO without having to really know what I'm doing! Huge step forward compiling this all together seamlessly man. THANK YOUUU!
Me too <3

Doq

Smash Lord
(Silently updated Crazy Hand in the Toolbox. You can grab the update package or the full download, depending on if you have the Toolbox or not.)

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
nice, but keep in mind I'm planning to start working on the UMC/UGE share service ;)
basically it's a collaborative script update service synced between a forum.

btw, Universal Game Editor (UGE) is the final name for UMC, but the actual change won't be for a while.
(right now UMC doesn't support game-scripts and audio/video)
^UMC currently doesn't even support animation playback

the backend SES format has animation support, but no functions to manage them

in any case, if I could recommend a decent UI frontend, I've played with PyQt (aka Qt),
and have to say it's actually quite decent once you know how to use it.
(I recommend using QPainter() widgets to draw everything as the builtin widgets suck)

or you could do what I'm doing with UMC and use OpenGL quads :p
(feel free to look at /UMC/data/GUI.py) ;)
^ I must note I've made some major changes since the last update and have cleaned up the code a bit.
(I currently can't upload my changes)

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Hm. If it's related to the filename.

DRGN DRGN is there any references in the program that require its filename to be "DAT Texture Wizard.exe"? If not there should be no problem at all.

Doq

Smash Lord
TOOLBOX UPDATED!
PROJEKT NEKO GOES BETA!
MOUSE SUPPORT?!?!
OTHER CHANGES TOO!
VERSION 2.0!

[New]
* New version numbering system. Revision 4 is now 2.0.
* MENU IS NOW MOUSE FRIENDLY!!!
* Projekt Neko reaches beta! Launch it via the file Projekt Neko.bat directly or via General Tools > Projekt Neko in Melee Toolbox.
Note: To keep uniform with Melee Toolbox's development, the version number of Projekt Neko is also 2.0.

[Improved]
* Menu gfx improved to match the new 2.0 moniker and to optimize the mouse interface.

[Fixed]
* Melee Toolkit and Install PNG to-from TPL items were swapped.
GRAB IT!!! HERE!
Full Package: http://1drv.ms/1hgNwQN
Update from Package 3 Revision 3: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=11EDC14A5D147F46!9573&authkey=!AMm2JTmQFGdMLUs&ithint=file,zip

A few things to take note of though:
  • Projekt Neko is beta. While the code itself works fine, no support for library updates have been added yet, and I won't be making any available yet. If you want to change the library, edit it yourself.
  • I don't know how well the mouse support works. And it's only in the main menu, you still have to press Enter after launching a program.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Hm. If it's related to the filename.

DRGN DRGN is there any references in the program that require its filename to be "DAT Texture Wizard.exe"? If not there should be no problem at all.
Yeah. It's easily testable, because as soon as you rename it to "DAT Texture Wizard.exe", it works fine.

The internal reference isn't done by me, but by some nature of making python standalone. I can specifiy a name when I compile it, but it can't be renamed after that, unfortunately.

And btw, the new mouse controls are really cool. I don't think I've ever seen that in a batch script before. Good stuff.

Doq

Smash Lord
Yeah. It's easily testable, because as soon as you rename it to "DAT Texture Wizard.exe", it works fine.

The internal reference isn't done by me, but by some nature of making python standalone. I can specifiy a name when I compile it, but it can't be renamed after that, unfortunately.

And btw, the new mouse controls are really cool. I don't think I've ever seen that in a batch script before. Good stuff.
Oh...

HOTFIX (apply on top of the download above)

Are there any other of your applications that I should be worried about? (Melee Code Manager is MCM.exe)

---

Side note: Have you looked in to why DTW doesn't work in Windows 10? (This app can't run on your PC.)

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
I have way too much free time.

Or rather, not enough, I'm just blowing off school again.

Melee Toolbox and Projekt Neko 2.3 (update package only)

Changes since version 2.0 Hotfix 1:
[New]
* Both Toolbox and Projekt Neko now have a menu option to download a code update. As of now this does not update the packages, only the code. Beta feature.

[Improved]
* Optimized the Toolbox code filesize. 37252 -> 17568 -> 14081
* Optimized Projekt Neko filesize. 4069 -> 2307

[Fixed]
* General code fixes.

[Neko]
* Implemented basic library update system. Currently 404's as of this changelog, but it should work real soon. (like within the next week)
* As of 2.3, Projekt Neko is basically done and renamed to Melee Library Autopatcher.

There are now two scripts: One is Projekt Neko, and contains the cutting edge and testing code. Melee Library Autopatcher is the tested and stable releases of Projekt Neko, it updates less often as a result. Changelog will still list changes as [Neko].
The release version of Melee Library Autopatcher in the 2.3 package is based off of version 2.0 of Projekt Neko, with the above change included.
Files/Apps changed with this update:
Melee Toolbox
Projekt Neko
Melee Library Autopatcher
changes.txt (new file)
logo.txt (new file)

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Oh...

HOTFIX (apply on top of the download above)

Are there any other of your applications that I should be worried about? (Melee Code Manager is MCM.exe)

---

Side note: Have you looked in to why DTW doesn't work in Windows 10? (This app can't run on your PC.)
Yeah; MCM is made of python too. So it needs to be "Melee Code Manager.exe".

Not sure what issue you're seeing with DTW. Worked fine during my testing (Win10 Pro, build 10240 , 64-bit). What are the system details where you saw the issue?

Doq

Smash Lord
Yeah; MCM is made of python too. So it needs to be "Melee Code Manager.exe".

Not sure what issue you're seeing with DTW. Worked fine during my testing (Win10 Pro, build 10240 , 64-bit). What are the system details where you saw the issue?
Win10 Enterprise x86 build 10240
Screenshot (28).png

MCM gives the same error.

Did you compile for 32-bit?

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Win10 Enterprise x86 build 10240
View attachment 85962

MCM gives the same error.

Did you compile for 32-bit?
Nope!

I'm planning on releasing an update soon (like maybe this weekend, hopefully), so I'll compile for both when I do that. If this is a request for 32-bit, it's actually the first I've had for either program, haha.

Doq

Smash Lord
Er.
Melee Toolbox 2.5, Projekt Neko 2.5, and Melee Library Autopatcher 2.1 is out. You can grab them here
http://meleelib.refugesmash.ml/files/Melee Toolbox.cmd
http://meleelib.refugesmash.ml/files/Melee Library Autopatcher.cmd
http://meleelib.refugesmash.ml/files/Projekt Neko.cmd
The in-app updater for Melee Toolbox and Projekt Neko will not work because of a host switch, at the top of the changelog.

As you can tell from the urls I have finally launched the update servers for Melee Toolbox and Projekt Neko. It's a freely accessible HTTP with the script files and old updates. You can always access it here:
http://meleelib.refugesmash.ml/

Which brings up an issue which I want to discuss:
This server only has half a gig of storage. What that means is I can either host content for Projekt Neko or host the Melee Toolbox files. Which would the community prefer I do with this space, before I go deep into it?

---

And for those that want MCM to work, rename files\MCM\MCM.exe to Melee Code Manager.exe. Not going to release a hotfix for it.

Doq

Smash Lord
It's back. Actually not yet. But it will be. I'm working hard on Melee Toolbox 2.77 (which is a 3.0 Beta... which by extension means I'm working on Melee Toolbox 3.0)

Here are some things to expect from version 2.77:

[New]
* Menus are now separate files. Easier on development.
* Menu settings
** Menu display: 1.x-style (keyboard) or 2.x-style (mouse). UI changed to reflect.
** Options display: Categories or one page

[Fixed]
* Updates temporarily disabled. Will return when 3.0 drops. Moving contents to GitHub is a pain in the ass.
* Melee Code Manager's executable was renamed back to "Melee Code Manager.exe" (2.5 regression)

[Improved]
* More filesize improvments (PN: 3594 -> 3148 | Toolbox: 14827 -> 14377 | MLA: 3702 -> 2978)

[Misc]
* Projekt Neko (and by extension MLA) and Melee Toolbox are now separate.

(also contained changes from an unreleased 2.6 release... woops)

And a preview of cool stuff coming to version 3.0:

- Automated fullgame ISO patching:
- That means I'm bringing back the 20XX installer... sort of.
- [Neko/MLA] SDR, 20XX HP, supported OoB, other full game mods can be requested addition to the patch list
- [Toolbox] Quick DOL swapping​
- [Toolbox] File integrity checker. Check to see if a file is corrupted by popping it into this Melee Toolbox script. Vanilla files only, Projekt Neko 3.0 will include support for checking modded file integrity.
- [Toolbox] ISO integrity checker. Check if your ISO is legit. Will also tell you what ISO version you have if it is legit. Supports SDR and 20XX for xdelta-patched ISOs.
- [Neko] 250% more nekos. And probably more than one mod in the list.

2.77 isn't quite done yet but expect a release sometime during this week.

Cheers, to cheesy launcher scripts.

toolbox277.png

Last edited:

GingerBenMan

Smash Rookie
Umm. So I downloaded this wanting to make a melee mod. But I have no idea how to use it. I un zipped the .7z file I downloaded and now I have a lot of folders, I found the place where I can edit the character icons but thats it. Please help.

Doq

Smash Lord
Umm. So I downloaded this wanting to make a melee mod. But I have no idea how to use it. I un zipped the .7z file I downloaded and now I have a lot of folders, I found the place where I can edit the character icons but thats it. Please help.
You open Melee Toolbox.cmd. From what I see you wanting to do, the program you want is Texture Tools > DAT Texture Wizard.

Kekker

Smash Cadet
When trying to open Melee Code Manager (Mechanics/PSA -> Melee Code Manager), the program tells me that there is no such path as files/MCM/MCM.exe

The actual executable for Melee Code Manager is "Melee Code Manager.exe", not "MCM.exe". I tried changing the path in the .bat files, but white spaces aren't recognized and I don't know how to escape them. I also tried changing the executable's name to MCM.exe, but that caused errors on startup.

As far as I can tell, this is the only program this happens with.

Quick edit: I just put the file path in quotes and it worked fine. So it's

Code:
call :APPSTART
"files\MCM\Melee Code Manager.exe"
in the psa.bat files. It was originally

Code:
call :APPSTART
files\MCM\MCM.exe
which was causing problems.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
This release is rushed. Sorry. Report bugs as needed.

Melee Toolbox 3.0: http://www.toolbox.cf/download/
----

This is the final release of Melee Toolbox as a batch script. I have begun learning Visual Basic (which should eventually lead me into Visual C# and C++). That said, I've used the Melee Toolbox as my first VB project. When I finish, Melee Toolbox 4.0 won't be a script but an actual executable.

Wish my luck. First person to find the easter egg in this version (without looking at the code) gets a cookie.

Last edited:

Deconimus

Smash Cadet
https://github.com/DoqtorKirby/akiha/releases/download/v4.0.1/4.0.1.patch.7z
If you downloaded before this post, grab this patch. If you downloaded after this post, grab this patch anyway.
Just tried out your new patch and discovered that starting my tool from there, I'm having the same issues as CPRDMBreaker2k reported to me a few days back. Originally I thought it's just something regarding his Java installation. However this seems like a classic "wrong exec directory" thing.
You could have a look into setting the directory in which my program will be started in.

Thanks for adding my program btw.

Doq

Smash Lord
Just tried out your new patch and discovered that starting my tool from there, I'm having the same issues as CPRDMBreaker2k reported to me a few days back. Originally I thought it's just something regarding his Java installation. However this seems like a classic "wrong exec directory" thing.
You could have a look into setting the directory in which my program will be started in.

Thanks for adding my program btw.
It is indeed caused by launching it from another directory. I would know because Crazy Hand has the same issue. I also won't be surprised if Crazy Hand doesn't work in MTB4, since I didn't port over the directory swap code.

I'll see if I can hackjob a patch to make it work.

Last edited:

Deconimus

Smash Cadet
It is indeed caused by launching it from another directory. I would know because Crazy Hand has the same issue. I also won't be surprised if Crazy Hand doesn't work in MTB4, since I didn't port over the directory swap code.

I'll see if I can hackjob a patch to make it work.
I already put out an update for that (v1.2e).

Maybe you already know this, but an easy trick to deal with such cases in Windows is to use the "pushd" command.
E.g. put a batch script in the directory of the program you want to run, have "pushd %~dp0" as the first line and optionally "popd" after the line in which you call the program.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
I already put out an update for that (v1.2e).

Maybe you already know this, but an easy trick to deal with such cases in Windows is to use the "pushd" command.
E.g. put a batch script in the directory of the program you want to run, have "pushd %~dp0" as the first line and optionally "popd" after the line in which you call the program.
I did exactly that with MTB3, but there is no true way to do such a thing in Visual Basic.

Maxzeth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Maxzeth
I can't get Crazy Hand to run when I pick it in the Toolbox and when I run it from its file location I can select the iso but the program stops running. Can I get some help please?

Doq

Smash Lord
I can't get Crazy Hand to run when I pick it in the Toolbox and when I run it from its file location I can select the iso but the program stops running. Can I get some help please?
I'm working on a fix for this. For now just run it directly, or try to find an older version of Melee Toolbox, which it worked on (3.0).

Maxzeth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Maxzeth
I'm working on a fix for this. For now just run it directly, or try to find an older version of Melee Toolbox, which it worked on (3.0).
I downloadedd two different versions of Crazy Hand (1.10 and 1.30) before getting Melee Toolbox, and they didn't work either.

kevlar

Smash Cadet
Sadly, the download links are down again other than the patch DoctorKirby posted a little while back. Any idea when they will be back up?

Top Bottom