• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The MDVA Melee Power Rankings - June 2014

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
DoH -147
Vist +86
thumbswayup +82
Ether +68
chillin +54
ChuDat +42
Redd +36
Nintendude +26
Cyrain -23
MMilkMan -12

DP gained/played enough points/games to be on the PR.
Wenbo gained enough points to be on the PR.

so i took a set from Jman last week does that buff me up?
It will strike fear into the hearts of all tournament Foxes, but unforunately I'm only counting in-region games.

psyt is a sheik main from the roanoke area.
TY

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
XPurr is a new Marth that goes to Randolph with Malvm and me.

CTL17

Smash Lord
More player info. @tdude51, you or Koji should take over as the CP identifiers, since I only know like 3 of them.

Thanks for Playing 5:
Lock : Samus player from CT who moved here. MoCo trainer.
KVN: CP player

I thought you have information on Marth Dixon/Marth Dodge now. They entered some other tournament recently as Marth (something else) and Marth (also something else) I think.

Squabbles Smash 3:
Archangel : From Delaware. Formerly Spam_Arrows.

Last edited:

Bones0

Smash Legend
More player info. @tdude51, you or Koji should take over as the CP identifiers, since I only know like 3 of them.

Thanks for Playing 5:
Lock : Samus player from CT who moved here. MoCo trainer.
KVN: CP player

I thought you have information on Marth Dixon/Marth Dodge now. They entered some other tournament recently as Marth (something else) and Marth (also something else) I think.

Squabbles Smash 3:
Archangel : From Delaware. Formerly Spam_Arrows.
I think there were two "Marth ____"s at that huge Thanks For Playing. I remember seeing "Marth Twain" on the bracket and laughing way harder than I should have.

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
Some player info:

The following are all former Halo players part of the DC eSports team just getting into Melee since January:
Shinespike Kelly
Baby
BulacaFlocka

Others:
Scoopy - plays Peach and some others, he was at eSmashLANd and Squabbles
The Professor and Leoh - Came to eSmashLANd with the Richmond crew
Hart - was at Squabbles and the last Xanadu weekly. Plays Marth, from Delaware
TylerX5 - was at Squabbles. Plays mostly Project M, played Melee after he started PM. Played Marth when I played him in Melee friendlies, also from Delaware
Tipper - He's out near Towson I believe. Mostly plays Sheik from what I've seen, seen him at eSmashLANd and a couple Xandadus

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Thanks for the info guys.

May update:

Nintendude +182
ChuDat +138
Milkman +72
Cyrain -66
Ether +62
DP -57
thumbs +45
Redd -43
Wenbo +38
g-reg -34
chillindude +9

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'm curious how many points Wenz gained after beating Chillin.
Oh and btw is there a particular reason that Clarendon events aren't being included in your PR?

Last edited:

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
The rankings are based off April results, but I've started titling the topic based on the month the rankings are "for" to avoid people thinking it's somehow out of date. I just forgot to change it this time, smashboards sucks and doesn't have title controls when editing the OP anymore.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
It's not included for the same reason Xanadu weeklies aren't included.
Wait what the ****? I can understand why Xanadu isn't since it's like...on a Tuesday with usually no entrance fee, but why not the Clarendon ones? Because it's at a bar? If so then disregard all of like chillin and cyrain's results lol

Bones0

Smash Legend
Wait what the ****? I can understand why Xanadu isn't since it's like...on a Tuesday with usually no entrance fee, but why not the Clarendon ones? Because it's at a bar? If so then disregard all of like chillin and cyrain's results lol
Xanadu always has $5 entry...

Tournaments held during weekdays are excluded because good players that can consistently attend them will inflate their rating. They are basically doubling their tournaments per week, and the competition is usually less stiff so players like DP who have won a ton of weeklies would be overrated. I'm sure there'd be a similar inflation for whoever tends to win College Park's Friday tourneys.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Xanadu always has $5 entry...

Tournaments held during weekdays are excluded because good players that can consistently attend them will inflate their rating. They are basically doubling their tournaments per week, and the competition is usually less stiff so players like DP who have won a ton of weeklies would be overrated. I'm sure there'd be a similar inflation for whoever tends to win College Park's Friday tourneys.

I'm pretty sure one of the Xanadus I went to had like a $1 entry.

I think there is a big difference between tournaments held on a Tuesday (in Baltimore, that run until past midnight) vs tournaments that are run on a Friday night that are metro accessible. Also Xanadu is every week, while Clarendon so far has been once a month, which may be elevated to twice a month, so I don't think it would affect the rankings all that much if they were included.

Top Bottom