• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The MDVA Melee Power Rankings - June 2014

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
I did make a thread for specifically my region, but could I possibly join this PR in the future?
Being "part" of the PR just really has to do with competing in local tournaments, if you enter one you'll automagically be entered into my database. Being is Danville kinda really sucks though, you'd probably be better off trying to find competition in NC, but unless you can find local guys you're probably always going to have to drive a ways to get to tournaments.

What Bones said, Mr. MBR Member. :p IIRC, M2K is actually on multiple PRs in different regions. I know it's a different game, but even so, Brawl's regional PRs should function similarly to Melee's (and any FG's?), and I know ESAM is on the PR for both SC and FL in that game 'cause he regularly goes to tourneys in both.
Conditions for a PR are arbitrary, mine are that you have to be in MDVA. If WV somehow becomes active and starts playing with MDVA I'll probably expand to include them.

Nintendude and I played, and Tope played Cyrain. Not sure if Tope is in on this since he hasn't been to a tournament here in a hot minute.
Pretty sure Tope is in Ohio now unless something has changed

As far as your match against Nintendude, while I don't really want to discount it, I think it'd be best for the PR if I discluded big OoS tournaments...of course, part of this is me not wanting to dig up all the Apex results :|

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Being "part" of the PR just really has to do with competing in local tournaments, if you enter one you'll automagically be entered into my database. Being is Danville kinda really sucks though, you'd probably be better off trying to find competition in NC, but unless you can find local guys you're probably always going to have to drive a ways to get to tournaments.
Yeah, luckily I live maybe a few hundred miles north of Danville (plus, I'll be headed to Fairfax for my first semester in college), so no biggie. I suppose I just keep referring to this thread (unless there is another, of course) for future tournament dates?

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Alright guys, I made some important methodology changes that should aid in rewarding consistency...The PR has changed because of this. I've also decided to change ratings only once a month, meaning that the next time this will be updated should be after the ECE tournament on the 29th.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Updated for July...so many one-shot players.

chillindude +93
Redd +115
Vist -25
Nintendude -8
Milkman +14
Wenbo +9

The numbers aren't 100% because I'm pretty sure at least one of the guys I have listed under Pearl Edition is from out of region, dunno which one.

[collapse=xanadu PE unknowns]MCO
Marth Dixon
Marth Dodge
Wigglyworm
Dan the Man[/collapse]

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Tuesday Xanadu tournaments won't be counted for a few reasons, the biggest among them being consistency and Elo inflation.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Updated for September, many unknown and mismatched players were resolved so the overall numbers changed a little bit, so you could consider these changes ±15 points in relation to last period's table.

Redd +116
chillindude -79
DoH -87
Nintendude +40
MilkMan -33
Cyrain -21

Mahone gained/played enough points/games to be on the PR.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Updated for November.

chillindude +117
Cyrain +71
Vist -69
MilkMan +64
Redd -62
Ether -5
DoH +2

ChuDat gained/played enough points/games to be on the PR.
Plank gained/played enough points/games to be on the PR.

Shoutouts to Nintendude for having a 0.12 point change between ranking periods.

[collapse="Unknown players, if you know any of these players please let me know!"]
HYPERphoenix:
Whiteboy

Xanadu (Jan):
Dolphin64

ECE2:
Rivertems
Bananahamick
Razgriz

ECE3:
Cody

ECE5:
Hunter

Xanadu Pearl Edition:
MCO
Marth Dixon
Marth Dodge
Wigglyworm
Dan the Man

ECE6:
Capn

ECE7:
Steven

Smash 4ward:
K9
OCM
GH24
Geez

ECE8:
Darkseid
Mounphuix
Grant Crews
Frozen Flame
Casper

Bar Wars:
Moun (Mounphuix?)
KZ
SG
Kilo
Loaf
Matgic[/collapse]

Bones0

Smash Legend
Updated for November.

chillindude +117
Cyrain +71
Vist -69
MilkMan +64
Redd -62
Ether -5
DoH +2

ChuDat gained/played enough points/games to be on the PR.

Shoutouts to Nintendude for having a 0.12 point change between ranking periods.

[collapse="Unknown players, if you know any of these players please let me know!"]
HYPERphoenix:
Whiteboy

Xanadu (Jan):
Dolphin64

ECE2:
Rivertems
Bananahamick
Razgriz

ECE3:
Cody

ECE5:
Hunter

Xanadu Pearl Edition:
MCO
Marth Dixon
Marth Dodge
Wigglyworm
Dan the Man

ECE6:
Capn

ECE7:
Steven

Smash 4ward:
K9
OCM
GH24
Geez

ECE8:
Darkseid
Mounphuix
Grant Crews
Frozen Flame
Casper

Bar Wars:
Moun (Mounphuix?)
KZ
SG
Kilo
Loaf
Matgic[/collapse]
Did you count my set vs. Ether from Bar Wars? He won the set and forfeited, but idk what options you have when someone forfeits.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
I think you should consider showing the top 15 or 20 next time around. I know before you said you didn't want to do that because it would give weird results, but there have been a good number of tournaments since you started this and it would give others a goal worth working towards. But then again, this is your project and I know nothing of the logic behind it.

Loaf of Bread

Smash Rookie
Loaf is a captain falcon main, matgic is a marth main, and kilo is a sheik main, all are in Salem, VA and are new to the competitive melee scene

Bones0

Smash Legend
So is this updated after HP2? It says December on it but I'm not sure if it changed
He lists all the tournaments currently included in the calculations in the first post. HP2 will go into effect for the next PR (though he should probably call the current one the November PR and the next one the December PR to avoid confusion).

CTL17

Smash Lord
College Park players:
K9
SG
KZ

Using Koji and Tom as a reference for seeding, KZ << tdude < K9 < SG ≈ emodino

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
I think it only takes into account sets where both players are in the database. Jman isn't in the database, so no.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Updated for March, finally.

ChuDat +87
Cyrain +84
g-reg +57
chillin -33
Ether -32
Smash G0D +29
MMilkMang +13
Mahone +8
DoH +4
Vist +2

Last edited:
Top Bottom