• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The MDVA Melee Power Rankings - June 2014

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
sypher just told me you have to earn it. once you make top 3 he'll change it for you.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Bones I don't think it's funny to discriminate. Also it was sypher that put my name that way, not me.
I was agreeing he should change your name. I'm pretty sure he intentionally did it because it was like that in the last list. He has refused to put my name in as just "Bones" before, so he's definitely not discriminating against you. Just being a ****. lol

xMilkMan

Smash Cadet
Oh, sorry Bones. I was saying that you were the one discriminating.
Also fine then, Fortune, I will be top 3 by the end of this year.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
So Jow was 11th.
Was Doug's loss to Omni really that much to pull him down?
Are you seeing the total list somewhere? :confused:

Doug's loss to Omni WOULD pull him down quite a bit, because Omni hadn't really played many matches against anyone, so his ranking was quite low compared to Doug's. If Doug had lost to Omni a little bit later in Omni's recent Melee career, the drop probably wouldn't have been so significant.

This is what I suspect happened, but Sypher would have to confirm, obviously.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Where is "I9K" from?
Nothern VA

Now that ChivalRuse is #10, can we see the top 15 now? (`~_~`)
no

Xanadu Emerald Edition:
rayqr

From TX, says he.
moved here or just visiting?

This is what I suspect happened, but Sypher would have to confirm, obviously.
omni had one counted loss and was about 400 points lower than doug, doug's last tournament was also eevolution (i think?) so his uncertainty was higher than others

CTL17

Smash Lord
As far as knowing Jow was 11th, I didn't. I was just thinking about who would be 11th, and he seemed to be the most logical choice considering the recent results.

I'm not sure if rayqr is visiting or not. I suppose we'll just wait until another tourney here to find out.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Who is this.......Jow? <__<
ChivalRuse's name is Joe. Due to the much larger number of words that end in -ow instead of -oe (e.g. now bow cow low powwow {I bet you just pronounced 'low' wrong in your head}), my left hand naturally goes to the w instead of the e, so I tend to misspell his name as Jow very often. And it sort of stuck with me, Wenz, Wenbo, and David.

Bones0

Smash Legend
ChivalRuse's name is Joe. Due to the much larger number of words that end in -ow instead of -oe (e.g. now bow cow low powwow {I bet you just pronounced 'low' wrong in your head}), my left hand naturally goes to the w instead of the e, so I tend to misspell his name as Jow very often. And it sort of stuck with me, Wenz, Wenbo, and David.
Wow!

Bones0

Smash Legend
Sypher, you should archive the PR images so we can look back and see how they change over time. Hopefully you saved the previous iterations or can recreate them by ignoring the most recent tournaments.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
What is this feeling of relaxation from not having to care about power rankings
Hu hu hu hu hu

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Sypher, you should archive the PR images so we can look back and see how they change over time. Hopefully you saved the previous iterations or can recreate them by ignoring the most recent tournaments.
They are very easy to recreate, though I'm not sure if I care to keep records.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Nintendude and I played, and Tope played Cyrain. Not sure if Tope is in on this since he hasn't been to a tournament here in a hot minute.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I did make a thread for specifically my region, but could I possibly join this PR in the future?
As long as you come to MD/VA tournaments like Sypher's Biweeklies, Xanadu, and ECE, you should be added into the system. Once you've attended at least one event then you can make sure you are listed as a player in this region by checking with Sypher.

What does this even mean? If you don't live in this region, you can't be on PRs. Makes no sense lol
He lives in SoVa, you jerk. :p

Heero Yuy

#sweg
VA regions. Should've made that clear. My bad. ^^;

Anyhow, I guess I'll keep an eye out for tournaments. Though I assume 99% of them occur in NoVa (and as for East Coast Elites, I'm only able to drive so far).

Oasys17

Smash Apprentice
So ridiculously late lmfao. Since the post I've been to a lot more tournaments and whatnot. Oasys is fine. VGTG is the nametag I use(Oasys won't fit xD) But Oasys is my actual tag. I still suck, but have gotten wayyyy better. I'll be up there soon ;)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
What does this even mean? If you don't live in this region, you can't be on PRs. Makes no sense lol
What Bones said, Mr. MBR Member. :p IIRC, M2K is actually on multiple PRs in different regions. I know it's a different game, but even so, Brawl's regional PRs should function similarly to Melee's (and any FG's?), and I know ESAM is on the PR for both SC and FL in that game 'cause he regularly goes to tourneys in both.

Top Bottom