• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the MD/VA Melee Tournament Finder

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Argh, we live in like a triangle with Aftershock 2. :(
Unless your location is a lie

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea, despite all being in MD, graphixgaming/UMD/Aftershock are all super far away from each other.

step it up VA tournaments.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
sova DEFINITELY counts! I will post any VA tournament as long as it's mailing address is in VA.

id be down for traveling down there this summer, im sure others would be too.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Legit, Radford isn't far from me when I'm off college (in Charleston), but it's closed then -.-

If you can host a tournament around there, I can definitely attend.

Legit, Radford isn't far from me when I'm off college (in Charleston), but it's closed then -.-

If you can host a tournament around there, I can definitely attend.
You mean near Radford? That's a four hour drive from where I live.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Does anybody know of any venues that are within a 30 minute drive of DC that aren't ridiculously expensive? Being near a metro stop gives you bonus points.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
bump!!!

this thread needs more discussion. we need more people to challenge h2yl, who are clearly dominating the region despite just recently starting to play. so far, chivaljoe and wenbo show the most enthusiasm towards getting better, that ive seen. i know Redd should be back for summer stuff, and i guarantee you tope/cyrain/savedge/doll would come up more if we get bigger turnouts. our region can be legit again! just dont be like thumbs

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Haha, ChivalJoe.
I can't pick a main, been wheeling between Fox Falco Falcon
Stupid Falco has the slowest jump ever I can't transition between him and the other 2 at all yet ... ~_~

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I would like to see about finding a new venue a little closer to Fredrick. I'd like to learn to play melee it just seems so overwhelming all the things I have to learn just to be able to compete.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
What about WV tournaments! The WV scene is starting to kick off, and we'll be attending some MD/VA tournaments in the near future...don't count us out haha.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Yeeeee more tournies so we can make MD/VA power rankings finally <3

I hate falling out of the community for less than six months and now everyone is **** x324

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Charleston is not legit for tournaments. Morgantown is where the scene is at. So watch out for some WV kids to dom some MD/VA tournaments this fall/next spring. We'll see what we can do this summer too. I'm going to try and make it out to Aftershock with the Big Crew so we can straight rip singles/doubles.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Bones said something about probably hosting GRAPHIX GAMING 3(?) on June 26th.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think a good portion of MD/VA is heading up for No Johns in New York :O

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Yeah, we should put some ****ty power rankings on here so *****es can get motivated to play more and we can not suck *** as a region anymore.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Doll is pretty good. Eh beat Armada in Peach dittos and doesn't afraid of anything.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Top ten would be like (in no order)

Cyrain
Chu
Tope
Doll
G-reg
Chillin
Redd
Plank
Travis
Boss?

Sorry about the double post my browser fails and doesn't have the edit button.

Top Bottom