• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Maze Lounge: Pacman Social Thread

TruthAlone

Smash Rookie
NNID
TruthAlone
3DS FC
2423-2804-9358
Hi guys, I decided yesterday after a few hours of labbing that I wanna pick up PAC-MAN once more. I played him back in the 3DS days but Falcon grasped my attention more, so I stopped.

I still don't have a main, and the game came out ages ago.

BSP

Smash Legend
Jeez, hypocrisy is so annoying. To put the situation that I had in a smash perspective...it'd be like finding a guy who says he hates people who run to the ledge and spam projectiles, but then picks toon link and does exactly that.

Nevertheless, I am proud of myself for constructing my EDH deck so well. It can handle nearly anything.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I got a 24 hour ban from the New England Facebook group for saying I want Shiek to get ***** with nerfs. :/

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I'm really sad because @ Genesis 3 ,the top 100 players, 0 PAC-MAN players. It sucks hard

verbatim

Smash Ace
I'm really sad because @ Genesis 3 ,the top 100 players, 0 PAC-MAN players. It sucks hard
To my knowledge no high level Pacman players attended, so that's to be expected. Had this tournament taken place in the East Coast, I'd like to think that at least one of Sinji/Zage/Tornado would place well, and had it taken place in Japan one of Dee/Ginku/Tea would have placed well.

EDIT:

Koolaid dropped Pacman?

EDIT2:

Since abadango and Koolaid dropped him, we have no rep :(

And with his stigma of being a gimmick character + mincemeat for rosa, It's going to be difficult to find another national ranked player to pick him up
1.1.4 could change that, but IMO we should be more proactive. Players making strides with a character have been the inspiration for other players to pick up that character in the past, Ito from California, Salena from Japan, and Leo from Mexico started the MK hype in Smash 4, encouraging renowned players like Tyrant/Abadango/Mr R. to pick up the character. If we can prove that the character can hold it's own, more players will follow.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
EDIT:

Koolaid dropped Pacman?
The running joke in enw england is that even though he is ranked number 2 in our region. He doesn't have a dedicated main at all. He seems to rotate characters between Fox, Pacman, Doc and now Dark Pit for different matchups.

Abadango dropped Pacman but it really didn't make much difference for Genesis 3. He make it out of pools at Genesis 3. He is still a great player of course I'm jsut doubtful that Pacman is the thing that was holding him back. In addition he lost to Toon Link and Diddy Kong, too characters I think Pacman does fine against

verbatim

Smash Ace
He actually beat Zinoto at the weekly before Big House with Pacman before losing to him at Genesis, would be nice if it convinced him to use the character again, even as a secondary.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
It snowed so much today all you can see of my car is the top half of the passenger windows. It's going to be a pain to shovel out.

Last edited:

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
I'm just gonna leave this here,
Edit: language warning.

Last edited:

WalrusBiscuit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalrusBiscuit
Could not find a Q&A thread here, so Im gonna ask this here instead.

What should I practice as pac-man in training mode? like any setups, movement-options, recovery etc

Grandpoobah

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2938-6338-1063
I am a Dedede main with a Pac-Man as a secondary, it is getting a bit stale and I would like to fight someone in a ditto set to see if I should drop him or not. I play the 3ds version and would be happy to play anyone here.

Top Bottom