• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mayor of New Donk City: Pauline for Smash Switch!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i would not be suprised if Pauline gets in smash before Waluigi and Toad she does have big history and has too much to offer for smash moveset from games such as Mario vs donkey kong and mario odessy and now sport games she does have bright future in nintendo games also she is basically the first female character in nintendo's history.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Okay okay honestly, seeing Pauline in the Mario Golf gameplay on Nintendo Treehouse rn, she's fitting in so well next to all the other much bigger Mario characters and has really developed her own personality and role within the Mario universe. I'm really starting to dig the idea of her being added to Smash in the same vein as Rosalina. Especially since she could probably use Cappy as her unique gameplay mechanic, which would be neat.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Happy 40th to me favorite Nintendo Lady ❤

I’m very happy that she broke free from obscurity and jumped up into the main cast. A beloved character that unfortunately faded into obscurity due to circumstances but she’s back now.

3934F908-5856-49A5-B483-229B26775B58.jpeg

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Kinda surprised there seems to be no Nintendo acknowledgement of this super important anniversary? Unless I missed something. But it totally seems like a Nintendo Twitter account thing to do to post a screenshot of Pauline from Super Mario Odyssey talking about the 40th birthday,

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I’m really happy the fans went all out with celebrating DK’s 40th. Also really happy to see Pauline included in several celebratory posts. ❤

I do feel a bit hurt that Nintendo didn’t acknowledge Donkey Kong. What’s going on? I hope they consider acknowledging soon.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Looks like Sakurai didn't forget DK after all! He was just waiting for the NES version.

1983 Today "Donkey Kong" (Donkey Kong) NES version released !! The arcade version that appeared in 1981 was the founder of jump action. The selling point of the NES at the time of its release was that the masterpieces could be played at home. In Smash Bros. SP, the sound effect of stage "75m" is replaced with the arcade version compliant. #Smash Bros SP

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Honestly DK still confuses me i mean Pauline changed looks completly Dk became a grandpa and Mario hes the same!
Originally i thought maybe Arcade M+P are mario and luigis parents but yeah i dont think thats it!

Also i already think mario has too much in smash remember Dk, Yoshi and Wario are reletated i miss the brawl days where every (big) franchise had 4 Characters! nowadays Zelda and kirby get thrown under the bus

D

Deleted member

Hey people, been a while since I passed by this thread.

Really happy with all the love which has grown for Pauline both on the games and social media these past months. I feel that the character who is basically one of the first female characters in videogames to be created definitely deserves all this care.

I have been really pleased with how they handled her in Mario Golf too, the fact that I can basically explore New Donk City freely as her (albeit with a time limit) is so great. Definitely makes me feel even more that she would work in another 3D World-style game.

Sucks that so far we haven't seen anything to celebrate the anniversary of the DK Arcade (besides the Sakurai Twitter post), hopefully if we get another Direct this year something neat comes out of that such as a new Mario vs Donkey Kong or a Donkey Kong GB remake a-la Link's Awakening.

Also wanted to share that I finally got the Roses costume for Pauline in Tour. Now I basically just need the Celebration costume to have all the playable versions of Pauline in said game:
MarioKartTour_20210828_090557.png

So yeah, that's basically it for these past months. Let's hope she gets to appear in the new Mario Party (which comes the day after my birthday btw)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey people, been a while since I passed by this thread.

Really happy with all the love which has grown for Pauline both on the games and social media these past months. I feel that the character who is basically one of the first female characters in videogames to be created definitely deserves all this care.

I have been really pleased with how they handled her in Mario Golf too, the fact that I can basically explore New Donk City freely as her (albeit with a time limit) is so great. Definitely makes me feel even more that she would work in another 3D World-style game.

Sucks that so far we haven't seen anything to celebrate the anniversary of the DK Arcade (besides the Sakurai Twitter post), hopefully if we get another Direct this year something neat comes out of that such as a new Mario vs Donkey Kong or a Donkey Kong GB remake a-la Link's Awakening.

Also wanted to share that I finally got the Roses costume for Pauline in Tour. Now I basically just need the Celebration costume to have all the playable versions of Pauline in said game:
View attachment 330230
So yeah, that's basically it for these past months. Let's hope she gets to appear in the new Mario Party (which comes the day after my birthday btw)
You know, I took one glance at that photo you had there, and for a split-second, I legit thought MKT added some kind of 'Double Dash-mode'.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I've been thinking this as well.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I've been thinking this as well.

I hope Maya Rudolph will voice her. She can definitely sing and is just all-round very talented

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I’d love Lady Gaga to play Pauline’s role in the Mario movie, especially because both share the Lady title.

Top Bottom