• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mayor of New Donk City: Pauline for Smash Switch!

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
A974AC6D-6053-4B80-861D-536E0C65A937.jpeg

All of her spirits are Legendary. In Mario Kart Tour her characters are high ends. In the Mario vs DK games her stamp was the final one and her minis was one of the harder to unlock. I wonder what they’re trying to say.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
View attachment 276640

All of her spirits are Legendary. In Mario Kart Tour her characters are high ends. In the Mario vs DK games her stamp was the final one and her minis was one of the harder to unlock. I wonder what they’re trying to say.
So I'm not the only one who's noticed how Pauline's blatantly been getting rather special treatment in all kinds of contexts...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 276640

So, it's proof that she'll be top tier once she gets into Smash. That's the real reason why she's passed over for now, the balancing team could barely be able to contain her in a game this big.

As it should, being the first Mario gal.

Made an account just for this, lol. Honestly surprised she isn't in yet, if this is a celebration of gaming, then why isn't the first Mario girl/game character of all time in the game yet? Honestly rootin' for her.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Made an account just for this, lol. Honestly surprised she isn't in yet, if this is a celebration of gaming, then why isn't the first Mario girl/game character of all time in the game yet? Honestly rootin' for her.
I think that’s a good selling point for her. I hope he notices her.

Laniv

Smash Lord
If Pauline got in, would you prefer her red dress or her mayoral suit be the default?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
If Pauline got in, would you prefer her red dress or her mayoral suit be the default?
Red dress (as the default) + 3 recolors and Mayoral suit + 3 recolors.

That said, I'd personally like for them to be organized in the same manner as Isabelle's Summer (default) clothes and Winter clothes.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Another follow up question, since I'm working on a Pauline moveset: would you prefer Pauline to wear her hat or go bareheaded?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Apparently, Zippo recently stated on ResetERA that 3D World would be likelier to have new stuff compared to the 64, Sunshine and Galaxy remasters.

Hopefully this leads to playable Pauline and maybe even :ultdaisy:.
Hmm... what do you think Pauline would look like with all those power-ups being used? Actually, in the event that she's playable, do you think she should wear her usual dress or...?

Hmm... what do you think Pauline would look like with all those power-ups being used? Actually, in the event that she's playable, do you think she should wear her usual dress or...?
People seem to forget that Nintendo is a company, a company that if they wanted that moola, they can make anything (as in characters and idk buisness stuff) work, that goes for smash too. But as in 3d world, yeah probably dress, maybe a bit more puffy.

D

Deleted member

Here praying that Pauline is playable in a Switch port of 3D World.

Here praying that Pauline is playable in a Switch port of 3D World.
Honestly, not counting on it, I'm trying to keep standards low just so I don't get disappointed. If she does get in though, then god is real. The only thing I'm worried about though is if they throw a "new super Mario bros" on us and only add like Toadette and a few new levels.

Laniv

Smash Lord
If the 3D world switch port is happening, I imagine we'll probably see some concessions to New Donk City, possibly in the form of some new levels added to the postgame.

Of course, ideally, Pauline and Daisy would also be given playable roles...

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I think Daisy is likelier for 3D world port but she can’t be a Yellow cat, would probably be white. Pauline could easily be the red cat. I hope she makes it, it would make that game so much more enjoyable to me.

D

Deleted member

Seeing how Rosalina uses the Mario spin from Galaxy in 3D World, I could see Pauline using her hat similar to Cappy in that game if she gets on the Switch port.

Probably for extra jump height.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I can’t think of how her music abilities can fit the game, since that’s usually her theme. I like the hat idea though, it’s fitting.

I feel as if Pauline would need to be a bit more physical in 3d world, maybe a slight bit of music powers here and there. Even though this isn't really in the discussion, I think her music abilities would be great for smash.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Idk how I haven't posted in here yet. But I support Pauline 100%. She is my favorite female Mario character. I would love to own a Pauline amiibo. I have my doubts for this Smash. But I could definitely see her as a shoo-in for the next Smash.

- Pauline
- Dixie Kong
- Krystal
- Bandana Dee
- Captain Toad/Explorer Toadette

Are my last wants for Smash Bros.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Oh my that’s pretty nice she managed to land a spot in your most wanted list.

For me there are a lot of characters I’d appreciate and enjoy, but Pauline is definitely my most wanted.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Hmm... I'd go with a down special. You know, like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings' Mechakoopas.
I see... I ask because most other fanmade movesets for Pauline have the Minis as her neutral special.

What about a singing move? Would that work for a neutral special or a side special?

Top Bottom