• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Master of Unlocking, JILL, will survive in Smash!

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Passing by to pay respects. Seems like Jill became a spirit-sandwich.

Hopefully there's a next time for her and the rest of the crew of RE.

:bowser:.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
To make matters worse, Jill is only a one star spirit, though none of the RE spirits appear to be a legendary or anything. Meh. Will go for them nonetheless when they're out, but even without her being on the roster, would say she deserved at least a little better than a one star, but what can ya do?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Coming in to give my condolences, I do quite like RE and I really feel for you lot who were really pushing for the franchise in general :<

D

Deleted member

Never was the biggest RE fan. Heard nothing but good things about the franchise. I know how it feels.

I guess you'll get your chance another day.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Weird timing of me having made a Wesker support thread a few or couple days before the spirit news hit aside, I bumped the hardly active Chris thread to pay respects, and is kinda feelsy how all the RE characters are being kinda mourned equally right now.

There’s still Ada, Claire, the Nemesis, and such that one could make a thread for, but since the main characters are already confirmed as spirits, little point in doing so I guess.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Dang it Jill you didn't get out of the mansion in time. Seriously though: awhile back, when I didn't know this thread already existed, I tried making one for Jill myself. I thought if anyone was gonna be the RE rep first, it'd be her so to see her become a spirit really stings and I feel for the Leon/Chris/Wesker fans too.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Sorry for your loss. RE deserved better than to just get a few spirits on a random weekday. Here's hoping that if we get a Capcom character, RE at least gets a mii costume or some songs.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Although her 1 star spirit is the better design and deserved more stars, she might be upgradable at least. I mean... Battlesuit Jill was a thing.

I haven't posted here before, but I've supported Jill elsewhere. The recent news sucks, but her foot is in the door now, and I don't think she's out of the running yet.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Jill is a support spirit. The only one out of the 4. What makes everyone else worthy of primary but Jill is lowered to a one star that boosts your jumps? Stupid.

D

Deleted member

Jill is a support spirit. The only one out of the 4. What makes everyone else worthy of primary but Jill is lowered to a one star that boosts your jumps? Stupid.
Shame. Shame. For someone who supports women empowerment, such a damn shame.

It's some sexist bull**** on top of this DLC being a sausage fest.
Go ahead. Vent out. I won't stop you. You're doing the right thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Why does her spirit give you a jump boost anyway? Of all the things, why jumps? If this was RE5 Jill's spirit, I can at least buy that but this is Jill from RE1. That's tank controls territory. From where in that was her most common feature jumping? I would've given her an advantage to break out of an opponent's grip faster like when she had to break out of a zombie's or an edge in blades as it's standard issue for STARS members to learn knife combat. Nope. Jumps. Jill be Mario.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Why does her spirit give you a jump boost anyway? Of all the things, why jumps? If this was RE5 Jill's spirit, I can at least buy that but this is Jill from RE1. That's tank controls territory. From where in that was her most common feature jumping? I would've given her an advantage to break out of an opponent's grip faster like when she had to break out of a zombie's or an edge in blades as it's standard issue for STARS members to learn knife combat. Nope. Jumps. Jill be Mario.
This is the worst implementation of Jill since the Resident Evil movies. This is a complete wreck on all fronts.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Guys.

Guys.

icon0.png

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Definitely needed that after the spirit news. So Nemesis has a nose now... Worse things have happened I suppose, but the grittier looking Jill is certainly nice, and oh hey, Carlos.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

I like this track.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
For better or worse it is kinda the main RE logo, which the thread had a discussion on earlier.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
For better or worse it is kinda the main RE logo, which the thread had a discussion on earlier.
:ultrob: I get the feeling that they'd sooner pull a Final Fantasy and use "RE" as the logo.

Now if Nemesis were the fighter, that would be another story.

Last edited:

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
I beat RE2 yesterday

Man I'm even more bummed out about RE getting the deconfirm. Can't imagjne what its like for you all whove been wanting an RE rep for a long time.

Jill would be awesome. Hell give her Claire, Chris, and Leon alts a la Hero.

Such a shame, the more I think about it the more I want Jill (or Leon). Would have been the ideal next Capcom rep over someone like Monster Hunter or Dante.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Shame she had to become a Spirit…
View attachment 252948
because I found a definitive-looking moveset idea for her!

Source: https://ink-saver.tumblr.com/image/188238632561
Hot damn, that's some quality work!

Yeah but you have a S.T.A.R.S. badge that's almost as recognizable and actually applies to Jill.

Still, I'd actually expect Sakurai to go with the Umbrella logo.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Shame she had to become a Spirit…
View attachment 252948
because I found a definitive-looking moveset idea for her!

Source: https://ink-saver.tumblr.com/image/188238632561
It's a pretty awesome move set, but it needs a Final Smash.

Here's one for you. When Jill uses her Final Smash, we see her frantically opening a door, entering it and slamming it closed (maybe even bracing herself against it to keep it closed), then we see the a horse of zombies descend on her opponents.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
It's a pretty awesome move set, but it needs a Final Smash.

Here's one for you. When Jill uses her Final Smash, we see her frantically opening a door, entering it and slamming it closed (maybe even bracing herself against it to keep it closed), then we see the a horse of zombies descend on her opponents.
The Final Smash I was thinking was her Lv. 3 Hyper Combo from MvC2, where Tyrant appears and slashes everything (you could even use :GCB: before he leaves to use the rocket launcher in him).

Also, I know you probably meant “horde” or something, but I’d actually pay good money to see Jill attacked by giant zombie horse.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Also, I know you probably meant “horde” or something, but I’d actually pay good money to see Jill attacked by giant zombie horse.
That was a spell correct error.

I'm perfectly fine with zombie animals in resident evil though. One of the games needs to have a trip tthrough a zoo that's been zombified. That would be awesome.

Perkilator

Smash Legend

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think about it…if Jill became a fighter regardless of the Spirit Battle, they could literally just use another render of her for her Fighter Spirit.
I doubt they'd even go for Jill considering she was just put as a 1 star for some reason. I can understand Wesker being the highest but the protags being different levels says something to me.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Been a while since I posted in here. Regarding her one star spirit, it is a shame, but not really unexpected given we got so few. Chris and Leon have always been the big two for the series with Jill being a close third. At least that's been the case for now, things might change now that we've got remakes. Chris and Leon will of course always be a big deal and rightfully so, but I'm hoping the remakes of 2 and 3 spell good news for Jill and Claire seeing more action/getting more exposure from now on.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Here's a moveset of my own I created based on that one I found on tumblr:
Intro: Jill loads her pistol and gets into stance.

Stance/Idle 1: Jill holds the pistol near her right hip pointing down.

Idle 2: Jill puts her left hand on her left hip.

Notable Palette Swaps: RE1 outfit, Barry Burton, Chris Redfield, Rebecca Chambers, Albert Wesker, RE3 outfit, RE5 Jill colors, Revelations outfit

Walk: Jill walks slowly with her pistol closer to her face.

Jog: Her running animation from RE1.

Dash: Jill sprints while holding on to her pistol.

Damage: Her damage animation from RE1.

Jump: Her jumping animation from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Crouch: Her crouching animation from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Weapon of Choice: Jill holds a multitude of weapons in her inventory.

Jab: Jill elbows the opponent once (4%, small knockback)
Forward+A: Jill attacks with her right knee (5%, small knockback)
Down+A: Jill sweeps with her left foot (6%, small knockback)
Up+A: Jill chops the air with her left hand (5%, small knockback)

Air+A: Jill kicks out with her right leg (8%, small knockback)
Air Forward+A: Jill performs an aerial shoulder dash (9%, small knockback)
Air Back + A: Jill shoots a bullet behind herself (6%, small knockback)
Air Up+A: Jill shoots 3 bullets above herself (9%, small knockback)
Air Down+A: Jill stomps the air (12%, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: A shoulder dash, from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (9%, small knockback)
Edge Attack: Jill narrowly ducks a crow that attacks her (10%, OK knockback)

Smash Moves
Forward+A: Jill catches a zombie attacking from behind her, and pushes it down in the opposite direction. When closer to an opponent, the zombie bites and poisons them (21%, medium knockback). When further away, the zombie is simply dropped onto them (17%, OK knockback)
Up+A: A dog also attacks Jill from behind, and Jill throws it upwards (19%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Jill strongly stabs downward with her knife (18%, OK knockback)

Grab: A zombie appears and Jill successfully pushes it away. It can grab an opponent and bite them.
Pummel: The zombie gnaws away at a player four times (4% each) until it decides to headbutt them away (7%; 23% total, OK knockback)
Forwards+Throw: N/A
Down+Throw: N/A
Back+Throw: N/A
Up+Throw: N/A

Special Moves

B : Inventory Weapon; Jill selects a weapon from her inventory. She always starts a match with her pistol.
B + Forwards : Genesis; Jill scans the air for an item for her inventory, some rarer than others.
B + Up : Hookshot; Jill fires a grappling hook into the air. It goes a good distance, and Jill even zips back up when the hook reaches maximum distance (by holding B, and releasing if you DON'T want to go the max distance). She can also grapple fighters and kick them downwards for a meteor effect (20%, medium knockback)
B + Down : Lockpick; Jill gets out her lock pick (using either on the ground or a container) and picks up a random item.

Final Smash: End of Tyrant; Tyrant appears and slashes opponents in range three times (17% each, far knockback), with devastatingly good range. By pressing the B button, Jill gets out her rocket launcher and blows Tyrant to pieces, getting any fighters in range (19%, far knockback)

Gimmick: Inventory Management; here are the items that appear in Jill's inventory:

>Pistol (Rarity: Unlimited): Jill has 12 bullets that can be used in succession (2% each, small knockback)
>Grenade Launcher (Rarity: 70%): A weapon with 6 rounds that have short range and moderate lag after each use, but a wide radius with each round (15% each, OK knockback)
>Rocket Launcher (Rarity: 30%): A powerful weapon with long range and a devastating radius, but only 1 rocket (40%, far knockback)
>Knife (Rarity: Unlimited): A close range weapon that Jill can use when she's not in a good position to use her other items (10% at the start, OK knockback; 7% after 15 seconds, small knockback)
>Herbs: Medicinal plants that have different curative effects on Jill. The types of herbs that appear are:
>Green Herbs (Rarity: 80%): Herbs that heal 11% damage off of Jill.
>Blue Herbs (Rarity: 60%): Herbs that heal any status effects.
>Mixed Herbs A (Rarity: 40%): Any combination of either type of herb. Green and red heal off 33% damage, green and blue heal 22% and cure status effects, and red and blue cure status effects and temporarily make Jill immune to status effects (about 30 seconds).
>Mixed Herbs B: (Rarity: 20%): A combination of all 3 types of herbs, presented as grayish brown. It heals 44% damage off Jill, cures any and all status effects, and makes her immune to status effects for 35 seconds.

Taunts:

1: Jill raises her pistol with both hands close to her face.
2: Jill reloads her pistol, which resets your bullet count to 12 when you've used some and/or run out.
1+2: Jill tips her beret for a brief second.

Winposes:

1: "I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S." says Jill as she takes off her beret.
2: Jill sets off a flare for a rescue helicopter and signals for help.
3: Jill loosely mimics her official artwork from Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Icon: The Umbrella logo

Boxing Ring Title: Survivor of Many Horrors

Victory Music: A remix of https://youtu.be/sjDUMeDCdmM, and then a remix of https://youtu.be/9UcnJx61Yzw

Kirby Hat: Jill's beret

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
As I sit with my Switch playing through the first RE and mourning the fact that RE almost certainly won't get playable reps in Ultimate (while being a little happy for having Smash representation at all, though I wish they had more content than just spirits like at least some Mii Costumes and Music and maybe a boss as well), I listen to the Moonlight Sonata.

Time to play REmake 2 next.

Last edited:
Top Bottom