• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Master of Unlocking, JILL, will survive in Smash!

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
For the same reasons you outlined. Not only on the belief of Mii Costume Theory and RE being a successful and celebrated franchise, but also simply because Capcom seems like an immense well of third party contribution that Nintendo is only going to draw more material from. I would be genuinely surprised if Capcom missed out on the fighter pass with how willing they are to license their properties.

I think Namco will get the 5th dlc slot, but it's hard to say who.

Even though it's just another fan rule that can be broken, I do think it's notable that all 11 guest characters never had any presence in smash prior to their reveal. This means Lloyd and Heihachi would be the first guests to be "promoted" from some former representation. This makes me lean more towards KOS-MOS who has already crossed over into Xenoblade 2 and could promote the Xeno series in general. The only main drawback is whether Xenosaga is really worthy of a character over Tales of and/or Tekken.

If Mii Costume theory wasn't a thing though, I would be more inclined to say Doomguy or Ryu H. will get that 5th slot.
In retrospect I'm just really surprised that after the whole Capcom blowout in Smash 4 there wasn't a crumb of RE content thrown in despite how popular it is. This scares me that Sakurai doesn't think RE belongs in Smash, and he could change his mind obviously, but it would be better if he didn't hold this belief in the first place.

I think Sakurai has demonstrated himself to be pretty liberal with what he includes in smash. To be fair, he certainly has some glass ceilings placed over characters like Isaac and Waluigi. However, I think he's respectful of genres at least (I think he ultimately wants to rep almost all gaming genres) and I definitely imagine him taking on survival horror as a fun challenge that keeps him motivated in his work.

I unfortunately think the horror aspect of Jill will be heavily muted or outright absent, and by horror I pretty much mean zombies. In MvC2 she could summon a zombie, which I don't think we're getting. I imagine Jill will use a vast array of items/projectiles similar to how Snake is played. Sakurai might go this route to emphasize the "survival" part of the survival horror genre. I don't even think we'll get anything zombified as a stage or final smash.
I've been feeling so pessimistic about this lately. I do believe that Sakurai is interested in taking on new challenges, but it may just not be the right time for a RE rep assuming there isn't going to be a 2nd wave of DLC characters. I think I'd prefer the MvC2 interpretation of the character at this point because otherwise a RE protag moveset would be so similar to Joker. Even a grappling hook seems like the ideal up B for the character. I'm worried the developers will feel we already have that sort of character on the roster, and will want to diversify the pass as much as possible. I could be wrong of course, but I'm trying to not set myself up for disappointment atm.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
In retrospect I'm just really surprised that after the whole Capcom blowout in Smash 4 there wasn't a crumb of RE content thrown in despite how popular it is. This scares me that Sakurai doesn't think RE belongs in Smash, and he could change his mind obviously, but it would be better if he didn't hold this belief in the first place.

I've been feeling so pessimistic about this lately. I do believe that Sakurai is interested in taking on new challenges, but it may just not be the right time for a RE rep assuming there isn't going to be a 2nd wave of DLC characters. I think I'd prefer the MvC2 interpretation of the character at this point because otherwise a RE protag moveset would be so similar to Joker. Even a grappling hook seems like the ideal up B for the character. I'm worried the developers will feel we already have that sort of character on the roster, and will want to diversify the pass as much as possible. I could be wrong of course, but I'm trying to not set myself up for disappointment atm.
To me, RE feels like the kind of series that would get the Castlevania treatment, in base game, with ATs, bosses, all that jazz, but DLC series have gotten pretty neat treatment so either could go.

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much, RE has the pedigree and evergreen-ness required to eventually make it down the line, I'm confident.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
To me, RE feels like the kind of series that would get the Castlevania treatment, in base game, with ATs, bosses, all that jazz, but DLC series have gotten pretty neat treatment so either could go.

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much, RE has the pedigree and evergreen-ness required to eventually make it down the line, I'm confident.
Oh I’m sure it’ll happen eventually. Was just hoping for this game. A lot of people seem to think they’ll keep releasing DLC characters, but I’m not so sure.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice

I totally understand. As a Geno fan, you just kind of live in disappointment; molded by it, so it's something I understand wanting to avoid, but Jill/Leon have a pretty great shot at DLC all things considered and certainly have a major shot at the next smash game.

When evaluating Capcom's contributions I believe RE's absence is notable, but if you look at it optimistically - it's likely because a whole new primary universe is being reserved for the fighter pass with RE being the best bet due to the unique genre it represents and it's profitability and success as a franchise over all.

Let's look at what Capcom can offer down the road:

Potential Fighters:
A character from Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, and Phoenix Wright. At some point franchises will have to be placed under a glass ceiling and settle for a secondary universe status in order to curb the ever growing amount of guest characters. For this reason, Monster Hunter very well may be done regarding representation, save for a stage down the road. The Hero also occupied a very specific niche as the nameless protagonist of a JRPG, so the Hunter may not be as well received nor really necessary (imo). As for Phoenix Wright (and this may be an unpopular opinion), he is not requested enough to be highly prioritized and not nearly forgotten enough to fade into smash request history - so he'll kind of sit in limbo until he makes it in or 10 years go by and we just accept he isn't happening (he can maybe become the new Geno for a new generation haha). However, despite these thoughts, I still won't 100% counter out Hunter and Phoenix.

Assist Trophies and Mii Costumes (or possibly just stages):
Here we can expect to see that glass ceiling keeping franchises out of fighter contention (e.g. like Virtua Fighter). These franchises are deeply important to gaming history, but would seem odd if to stand shoulder to shoulder with Mega Man and Ryu in a highly exclusive and significant guest character club.

Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Darkstalkers, Devil May Cry (?), Ace Attorney (?) - Dante is weird like Phoenix in that things can maybe change for him down the road.

Also, retro capcom games... Maybe like Bionic Commando.

The only thing that will push a franchise above to fighter status will be immense fan demand, which many of the protagonists from the franchises above simply don't have. They may be historical and successful, but not to the degree RE and MH are - which help buffer the lack of vocal fan support for Jill/Leon and Monster Hunter.

OTHER:

I imagine franchises like Dead Rising, Onimusha, and Strider Hiryu might get stickers, spirits, or trophies in future smash games, but nothing really more than that...

I hope this helped lift your spirits!! Capcom is nearing the end of it's potential fighter contributions before it probably has to settle for secondary representation in future smash games and RE is simply to huge to overlook. Our first guest was Snake at Hideo Kojima's urging, so of course companies have similar clout and can sway Sakurai. Also, if Nintendo though RE deserved a skit during it's E3 Direct for ports, then I have a feeling Nintendo (and by extension Sakurai) are totally receptive to the idea that mature content like horror and zombies has a place in their Nintendo family, and thus in smash.

Don't lose hope! :)

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I totally understand. As a Geno fan, you just kind of live in disappointment; molded by it, so it's something I understand wanting to avoid, but Jill/Leon have a pretty great shot at DLC all things considered and certainly have a major shot at the next smash game.

When evaluating Capcom's contributions I believe RE's absence is notable, but if you look at it optimistically - it's likely because a whole new primary universe is being reserved for the fighter pass with RE being the best bet due to the unique genre it represents and it's profitability and success as a franchise over all.

Let's look at what Capcom can offer down the road:

Potential Fighters:
A character from Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, and Phoenix Wright. At some point franchises will have to be placed under a glass ceiling and settle for a secondary universe status in order to curb the ever growing amount of guest characters. For this reason, Monster Hunter very well may be done regarding representation, save for a stage down the road. The Hero also occupied a very specific niche as the nameless protagonist of a JRPG, so the Hunter may not be as well received nor really necessary (imo). As for Phoenix Wright (and this may be an unpopular opinion), he is not requested enough to be highly prioritized and not nearly forgotten enough to fade into smash request history - so he'll kind of sit in limbo until he makes it in or 10 years go by and we just accept he isn't happening (he can maybe become the new Geno for a new generation haha). However, despite these thoughts, I still won't 100% counter out Hunter and Phoenix.

Assist Trophies and Mii Costumes (or possibly just stages):
Here we can expect to see that glass ceiling keeping franchises out of fighter contention (e.g. like Virtua Fighter). These franchises are deeply important to gaming history, but would seem odd if to stand shoulder to shoulder with Mega Man and Ryu in a highly exclusive and significant guest character club.

Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Darkstalkers, Devil May Cry (?), Ace Attorney (?) - Dante is weird like Phoenix in that things can maybe change for him down the road.

Also, retro capcom games... Maybe like Bionic Commando.

The only thing that will push a franchise above to fighter status will be immense fan demand, which many of the protagonists from the franchises above simply don't have. They may be historical and successful, but not to the degree RE and MH are - which help buffer the lack of vocal fan support for Jill/Leon and Monster Hunter.

OTHER:

I imagine franchises like Dead Rising, Onimusha, and Strider Hiryu might get stickers, spirits, or trophies in future smash games, but nothing really more than that...

I hope this helped lift your spirits!! Capcom is nearing the end of it's potential fighter contributions before it probably has to settle for secondary representation in future smash games and RE is simply to huge to overlook. Our first guest was Snake at Hideo Kojima's urging, so of course companies have similar clout and can sway Sakurai. Also, if Nintendo though RE deserved a skit during it's E3 Direct for ports, then I have a feeling Nintendo (and by extension Sakurai) are totally receptive to the idea that mature content like horror and zombies has a place in their Nintendo family, and thus in smash.

Don't lose hope! :)
Thank you, I appreciate the encouragement. I really hope for them to make DLC, but it's okay if they don't. Frankly, there will probably always be characters missing from Smash that deserve it (whatever that means), and not everyone will be fully satisfied. What we have now at this point in terms of characters is simply amazing regardless.

Also, I really hope you all get Geno one day. I've started supporting him recently just because his fanbase is so passionate, and I want to see you happy. Because of the Smash community SMRPG is on my list of next games to buy for VC. I'm sure I'll be even more of a vocal supporter here soon.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
How would you guys make Raccoon City (cuz after much reflection if we get a stage it is gonna be Raccoon City) work? What would the shtick be?

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
How would you guys make Raccoon City (cuz after much reflection if we get a stage it is gonna be Raccoon City) work? What would the shtick be?
The stage could also be the Spencer Mansion. To note, I figure there could be a weird puzzle element that changes the stage in some way. Maybe zombies, the giant snake, or a Tyrant would appear on the stage to cause havoc.

D

Deleted member

I kinda dig the idea of the main gimmick being Nemesis (and other zombies) appearing at set intervals and forcing you and the others to move out to other parts of the city.

Last edited by a moderator:

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Thank you, I appreciate the encouragement. I really hope for them to make DLC, but it's okay if they don't. Frankly, there will probably always be characters missing from Smash that deserve it (whatever that means), and not everyone will be fully satisfied. What we have now at this point in terms of characters is simply amazing regardless.

Also, I really hope you all get Geno one day. I've started supporting him recently just because his fanbase is so passionate, and I want to see you happy. Because of the Smash community SMRPG is on my list of next games to buy for VC. I'm sure I'll be even more of a vocal supporter here soon.
Thanks! Geno needs all the love he can get, so the more support the merrier!

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
So I’ve only played RE4 and 5, and really to want play the earlier games and explore the story more. Was thinking of picking up the RE1 remake but wasn’t sure if I should should get the Wii or the Switch version. Any thoughts?

D

Deleted member

There's a RE2 Remake Speedrun on SGDQ a few minutes from now, these are always entertaining.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So I’ve only played RE4 and 5, and really to want play the earlier games and explore the story more. Was thinking of picking up the RE1 remake but wasn’t sure if I should should get the Wii or the Switch version. Any thoughts?
I haven't heard anything about the Switch version, but the Wii one was very good.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing REmake on Switch and it's perfectly fine so far. I haven't encountered any problems new to this version. I actually favor this one thanks to its portability. I wasn't aware there even was a Wii port to be completely honest.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Wii version is a straight port of the original GC version and does thankfully carry over support for GC controllers. I don't own REmake on Switch yet, but it's based on the HD re release from when it was ported to PC/PS4/X1.

REmake on Wii is perfectly fine, though I do recommend using a GC controller instead of the Wiimote/Nunchuk combo (that's just my preference tho, GC feels more natural.)

REmake HD does however look better and has a few extras not in the GC/Wii version like BSAA costumes from RE5 for Chris and Jill. Plus it's bundled with RE0 if you want to give that one a go.

Overall, I'd actually recommend the PS4 version if you happen to have a PS4. The PS4 and Switch versions of Origins are the same iirc, only bonus on the Switch version being portability. However as it tends to go with Switch games, you'll still be paying around full price for it 50-60$, whereas you can snag the PS4 version for around $20.

Moreover, the cartridge only has 0 on it and REmake is relegated to an eshop code.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
So I imagine some of you have heard of the Trailer sequel theory. I thought it was an interesting thing to discuss. To get a better idea on what it is exactly please watch this:

To briefly summarize, basically there's been two sequels to the trailers of previously revealed newcomers/characters. Banjo-Kazooie's trailer is obviously a sequel to K. Rool's trailer, and perhaps less obviously The Hero's trailer was a sequel to Galeem's reveal. Of course, this pattern may not continue, or even exist at all, but I think it's fun to imagine the possibilities of it all the same.

Excluding the reveals of Inkling, Isabelle, PP, and Joker (all of which didn't get proper trailers) we have the Ridley, Belmont, and Ken/Incineroar trailers to pull from. Many theorize that the Ridley trailer could get a sequel where another sci-fi character is revealed (e.g. Doom Guy), the Belmonts could be featured in another trailer with perhaps a horror character (Jill or Leon), and finally the Ken/Incineroar trailer could have a sequel that reveals another "fighting" character (Heihachi or Scorpion).

Here's an example of what I think this trailer could look like for RE characters:

The Belmonts are standing over Dracula, his body falling apart and disintegrating, when he waves his hand and unleashes one final trap before his demise. A vast door opens and a horde of the undead (free of blood and gore) rush at the Belmonts and block their escape route. They are skillfully able to take many of them out, but are vastly outnumbered. Their primitive weapons simply aren't enough. They're backed against a wall and fear this is the end when suddenly a rain of gunfire from above takes out dozens of zombies giving the Belmonts some room to breathe. The camera pans upwards to a balcony and shows a silhouette with very distinctive headwear. The camera zooms in and reveals her face, the tagline reads:

Jill Survives in Smash!

The video cuts to gameplay and shows Jill landing on the ground. Racoon City is revealed and Jill fights zombies that appear on the stage. At random times hordes appear on the stage in which the characters must band together to fight them off if they don't wish to be to be severely damaged. Jill's ammo mechanic is revealed. It's shown that several of her attacks such as a shotgun and grenade smash attack have limited ammo available. As she runs out of ammo she can gradually move faster, but also weighs slightly less.

It cuts back to a cinematic where Jill is out of ammo and has to use melee attacks and her knife to fight the undead. The Belmonts and Jill are in danger of being overwhelmed again when another person from the balcony shoots an RPG into the crowd of zombies. Everyone looks up as yet another character is revealed (kind of repetitive I know, but I like it haha):

Leon takes Aim!

Cut to gameplay again and it's revealed that Leon is an echo fighter for Jill (comes free of charge). The only major difference is that Leon is slightly stronger, slower, and taller. Finally we see the zombies get caught in both of their Final Smashes (sure, why not?). Jill's FS features Chris where both of them use a series of gunplay and martial arts to batter the opponent around until Jill finishes them off with the Rocket Launcher used to kill the Tyrant in RE1. Leon's is similar but features Claire and Ada while Leon uses the special red RPG used at the end of RE4 to finish them off.

Smash Ultimate X Resident Evil (Which is said in the iconic omnious fashion)

Or alternatively, maybe they could just get revenge on Ridley for killing Megaman? He's kind of decayed like a zombie. Whatever works. :laugh:

Kind of geeked out there I think...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I imagine some of you have heard of the Trailer sequel theory. I thought it was an interesting thing to discuss. To get a better idea on what it is exactly please watch this:

To briefly summarize, basically there's been two sequels to the trailers of previously revealed newcomers/characters. Banjo-Kazooie's trailer is obviously a sequel to K. Rool's trailer, and perhaps less obviously The Hero's trailer was a sequel to Galeem's reveal. Of course, this pattern may not continue, or even exist at all, but I think it's fun to imagine the possibilities of it all the same.

Excluding the reveals of Inkling, Isabelle, PP, and Joker (all of which didn't get proper trailers) we have the Ridley, Belmont, and Ken/Incineroar trailers to pull from. Many theorize that the Ridley trailer could get a sequel where another sci-fi character is revealed (e.g. Doom Guy), the Belmonts could be featured in another trailer with perhaps a horror character (Jill or Leon), and finally the Ken/Incineroar trailer could have a sequel that reveals another "fighting" character (Heihachi or Scorpion).

Here's an example of what I think this trailer could look like for RE characters:

The Belmonts are standing over Dracula, his body falling apart and disintegrating, when he waves his hand and unleashes one final trap before his demise. A vast door opens and a horde of the undead (free of blood and gore) rush at the Belmonts and block their escape route. They are skillfully able to take many of them out, but are vastly outnumbered. Their primitive weapons simply aren't enough. They're backed against a wall and fear this is the end when suddenly a rain of gunfire from above takes out dozens of zombies giving the Belmonts some room to breathe. The camera pans upwards to a balcony and shows a silhouette with very distinctive headwear. The camera zooms in and reveals her face, the tagline reads:

Jill Survives in Smash!

The video cuts to gameplay and shows Jill landing on the ground. Racoon City is revealed and Jill fights zombies that appear on the stage. At random times hordes appear on the stage in which the characters must band together to fight them off if they don't wish to be to be severely damaged. Jill's ammo mechanic is revealed. It's shown that several of her attacks such as a shotgun and grenade smash attack have limited ammo available. As she runs out of ammo she can gradually move faster, but also weighs slightly less.

It cuts back to a cinematic where Jill is out of ammo and has to use melee attacks and her knife to fight the undead. The Belmonts and Jill are in danger of being overwhelmed again when another person from the balcony shoots an RPG into the crowd of zombies. Everyone looks up as yet another character is revealed (kind of repetitive I know, but I like it haha):

Leon takes Aim!

Cut to gameplay again and it's revealed that Leon is an echo fighter for Jill (comes free of charge). The only major difference is that Leon is slightly stronger, slower, and taller. Finally we see the zombies get caught in both of their Final Smashes (sure, why not?). Jill's FS features Chris where both of them use a series of gunplay and martial arts to batter the opponent around until Jill finishes them off with the Rocket Launcher used to kill the Tyrant in RE1. Leon's is similar but features Claire and Ada while Leon uses the special red RPG used at the end of RE4 to finish them off.

Smash Ultimate X Resident Evil (Which is said in the iconic omnious fashion)

Or alternatively, maybe they could just get revenge on Ridley for killing Megaman? He's kind of decayed like a zombie. Whatever works. :laugh:

Kind of geeked out there I think...
Seriously why do these theories just refuse to die? A lot of them are reaching and refuse any argument against them.

The sequel theory is just another take of the previous theories that indicated Nightmare due to the eye in the Hero trailer and Crash/Frisk due to several things in the Banjo Kazooie trailer. My main issue with the sequel theory is that it implies that both Dragon Quest and Banjo Kazooie don't really have any kind of content to reference in their trailers and only serve to setup the next characters, which is something no trailer does for the obvious reason of wanting to keep the focus on the characters revealed.

As a longtime Dragon Quest fan I can tell you, just like I have repeated several times already in other threads, is that the appearance of Darkhon is a reference to pretty much every final boss on the Dragon Quest series which are pretty much scions of darkness (demonlord, darklord whoever you want to call them) and Darkhon pretty much fills the role within Ultimate. Banjo Kazooie trailer pretty much shows characters closely related to Rare, has the Duck Hunt as a joke and the ending is a reference to the ending of the first Banjo Kazooie title.

I don't really have anything against Papagenos, the whole thing regarding him having a source that said Banjo seems to be legit, but the theories he talks about are just some of the worst amount of reaching possible. He's barely above someone like Laxchris in this regard.

I think both Jill and Leon have good shots and their trailers don't really need to be sequels of any kind. Just put a bunch of characters in Raccoon City exploring it and encountering Nemesis/Tyrant and have Jill/Leon rescue them.

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Dharkon trailer was perfect for DQ character because it takes places in World of dark which has literally been a thing in multiple DQ games. I imagine an RE trailer would start out seriously then become a joke, like having Jill or Leon getting cornered by Dharkon clone game and watches.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I don't see a sequel/retread theme as being necessary but I think a Jill reveal playing off of Simon's with Luigi in Raccoon City would be pretty fun. He just so happens to be a perfect stand in for Brad Vickers.

D

Deleted member

I do think that Luigi being involved on Jill’s trailer makes sense.

Mostly because of Luigi’s Mansion.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Sure, sure, I'll join as a supporter. I prefer Phoenix Wright, but Jill is cool too. That said, I'll only support if they use her RE1 outfit dang it.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I'm kind of disappointed that the Belmonts did the Luigi's Mansion trailer first because that kind of thing would've been perfect for a Resident Evil reveal. Having Luigi explore a mansion full of zombies and having to be rescued by Jill or Leon would've been a great setup for their trailer and I'm kinda upset that they can't do that now without it feeling derivative of the Belmont trailer.

That said, I 100% support a Resident Evil character coming to Smash, whether it be Jill or Leon. It's one of the last huge 3rd party franchises not represented in Smash and its influence on the horror genre is way too big to ignore.

D

Deleted member

I think that the Castlevania trailer could have been cooler with Samus tbh.

Mostly due to the Metroidvania deal.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Seriously why do these theories just refuse to die? A lot of them are reaching and refuse any argument against them.
Hey relax... As I said in my post this was just a fun idea to explore, not a sure thing. I already know it has flaws.

The sequel theory is just another take of the previous theories that indicated Nightmare due to the eye in the Hero trailer and Crash/Frisk due to several things in the Banjo Kazooie trailer. My main issue with the sequel theory is that it implies that both Dragon Quest and Banjo Kazooie don't really have any kind of content to reference in their trailers and only serve to setup the next characters, which is something no trailer does for the obvious reason of wanting to keep the focus on the characters revealed.

As a longtime Dragon Quest fan I can tell you, just like I have repeated several times already in other threads, is that the appearance of Darkhon is a reference to pretty much every final boss on the Dragon Quest series which are pretty much scions of darkness (demonlord, darklord whoever you want to call them) and Darkhon pretty much fills the role within Ultimate. Banjo Kazooie trailer pretty much shows characters closely related to Rare, has the Duck Hunt as a joke and the ending is a reference to the ending of the first Banjo Kazooie title.
Well for one I don’t think anyone believes The Hero’s nor B&K’s trailer will be getting sequels as they WERE the sequels.

That said, I don’t think it’s necessarily about setting up the next characters in the trailers especially since the DLC fighters were decided after all of the base roster was revealed. Any connection in themes/characters between the two trailers would have been coincidental in my mind. B&K happened to have a connection to K. Rool, and so they went with that. Obviously this may not happen again with the last two characters, but I wouldn’t say it’s impossible either.

Again, I mostly just thought it was a fun idea to explore. Them acknowledging in the trailer that Raccoon City will replace Dracula’s Castle as the “darkest of stages” in Smash for example.

I don't really have anything against Papagenos, the whole thing regarding him having a source that said Banjo seems to be legit, but the theories he talks about are just some of the worst amount of reaching possible. He's barely above someone like Laxchris in this regard.
Can’t agree with you on this one. Papagenos primarily only explores leaks/theories that arguably have substance behind them. In this particular video he’s merely exploring the prominent leaks/theories that are making the rounds today, and makes it clear that he doesn’t necessarily believe them. He doesn’t look at everything under the damn sun like Lax.

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
i just want RE to be in, chris, jill, or leon; I'm okay with all three of them.

D

Deleted member

It would be amazing to see Sakurai giving RE the Hero treatment by making Jill, Chris, Leon and Claire playable through alts.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
It would be amazing to see Sakurai giving RE the Hero treatment by making Jill, Chris, Leon and Claire playable through alts.
That's what i was thinking ! But i'm pretty sure Jill can't punch boulders and you know what they say :
If you can't punch giant boulders as Chris Redfield, why bother ?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Likely a Super Mario Sunshine setup, where the platforms fly around to various parts of the city to faithfully recreate familiar locales. Like the front of the RPD with Nemesis roaring in the background.

D

Deleted member

Likely a Super Mario Sunshine setup, where the platforms fly around to various parts of the city to faithfully recreate familiar locales. Like the front of the RPD with Nemesis roaring in the background.
That idea does rock, yeah.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm still a fan of the idea of-- assuming Jill is the pick-- the Queen Zenobia being the stage.

But maybe it's just because I want to hear this while fighting on the raging seas.

D

Deleted member

I'm still a fan of the idea of-- assuming Jill is the pick-- the Queen Zenobia being the stage.

But maybe it's just because I want to hear this while fighting on the raging seas.

This is as if the Dark Trooper Battle Theme from Metroid Prime 2 had a child with Danny Elfman.

I love it.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
This is as if the Dark Trooper Battle Theme from Metroid Prime 2 had a child with Danny Elfman.

I love it.
Revelations had a lot going for it. Especially when you look at it as an early 3DS game. It's exceptionally large and graphically amazing, showing the potential of the console at an early age. It's one of the few games truly enhanced by the 3D effect.

Fast forward to now, with multiple undercooked modern console ports, and Revelations isn't really all that impressive. But it sold a lot of people on the 3DS when it was struggling. It's why I like the idea of the Queen Zenobia being the stage choice, even if it's not the most iconic locale of the RE series. It's specific to Nintendo's history and it's specific to Jill.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I wonder why the OP hasn't been updating the supporter list... I had a moveset I've been thinking of submitting as well. :grin: On that note, could someone explain to me what exactly charging S.T.A.R.S. is?! Why is Jill engulged in flames? Does anyone think this is essential to her moveset?

Also, in case anyone wanted to post there, here is the Leon thread:

https://smashboards.com/threads/epi...-for-smash-switch.446631/page-2#post-23432222

I think we should definitely be supporting each other. At the end of the day we all want RE in Smash.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Hey, count me in as a Supporter! I originally was quite against the idea of a RE character being in, due to the thinking they had no moveset potential due to their gameplay being mostly just walking and occasionally shooting. There just didn’t seem to be any way to truly rep the franchise and genre of survival horror with a moveset and most people simply saying “just give them guns” didn’t help either, as most RE character supporters on /v/ lack any creativity and want to make a moveset that would better rep an FPS character than RE.

But then it finally clicked on what their moveset could be and now I’ve really come to like the idea of an RE character in smash, and I’d choose Jill over anyone else from that franchise.

I’m drafting up a semi-comprehensive moveset for her right now, so I’ll post it when I get it all done and made into a nice image.

F1EF8844-C4FA-4BE3-8A85-A87602B4A8E2.jpeg

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Hey, count me in as a Supporter! I originally was quite against the idea of a RE character being in, due to the thinking they had no moveset potential due to their gameplay being mostly just walking and occasionally shooting. There just didn’t seem to be any way to truly rep the franchise and genre of survival horror with a moveset and most people simply saying “just give them guns” didn’t help either, as most RE character supporters on /v/ lack any creativity and want to make a moveset that would better rep an FPS character than RE.

But then it finally clicked on what their moveset could be and now I’ve really come to like the idea of an RE character in smash, and I’d choose Jill over anyone else from that franchise.

I’m drafting up a semi-comprehensive moveset for her right now, so I’ll post it when I get it all done and made into a nice image.

View attachment 230812
Alright, here it is!

BDD87722-77B3-417E-8500-07FF8A0217FE.jpeg

Feel free to use it in the OP if you’d like!

Last edited:
Top Bottom