• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Master of the Fists! Akuma Support Thread

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

"You all are nothing before the Master of the Fist. Abandon Hope! Abandon Strength! Abandon Life!"

Akuma is a brutal warrior who only seeks to become stronger and fight strong foes. Tapping into the Satsui no Hado lead to Akuma give up any compassion within him. Akuma killed his master, and would later attempt to kill his own brother who was Ryu's master. Akuma seeks to turn Ryu as well to the Satsui no Hado, seeking a worthy foe to finally defeat him. Perhaps he may find another worthy foe in smash?

Why Akuma?
When people think of a Ryu echo, people often look towards his friendly rival and sparring partner Ken Masters. However, a strong case can be made for Akuma. Akuma's role as an antagonist could make him more interesting to put in, as smash always could use more villains. A lot of the same cases made for Ken can be made for Akuma. Both are highly iconic street fighter characters and would only require a few changes from Ryu to be echos. Akuma would likely only need a slight change to Tatsu to make it hit three times like in the games, and likely a Raging Demon final smash.

Street Fighter easily can be seen as deserving of a second character. Street Fighter is the fighting game series. When people imagine a fighting game, it is Street Fighter most of the time. Street Fighter is the most iconic of the old school arcade fighters. Akuma played the role of a secret boss starting in the Super Street Fighter II Turbo as a final challenge after M. Bison. Akuma was created as a response to the rumors of a secret character in SFII, notably the Shen Long rumor. Having an old school boss like Akuma would fit smash well.

Akuma also is visually more distinct then Ken, with his use of the Satsui no Hado giving him not only different looking attacks but also a different design.

Supporters
TCT~Phantom

Last edited:

DivineWrath45

Smash Cadet
Count me in!

I always prefer Akuma over Ken as Ryu's Echo. One of the reasons is because Akuma has appeared in more crossover appearances than Ken. Plus, it would be epic to see him using the Raging Demon as his Final Smash.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I could see him working as an Echo, with his projectiles firing at a downward diagonal when performed in the air to set him apart from Ryu.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I gotta admit, after this whole heroes vs. villains thing they have going on in Ultimate as of late, and Dark Samus being an echo of Samus, this guy it's definitely a high contender at this point.
As much as I want Ken, Akuma makes a whole lot of sense to be in. Maybe he can even do his iconic pose with Yoshi while he's at it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hmmm I will highly consider akuma over ken for the echo slot with the whole heiress vs villian theme see,s to be checking out rather well

We need more villains I support akuma for a Ryu echos

GolisoPower

Smash Master
This is who I want out of all Echo Fighters! And since Chrom proved that Echoes can have major differences, I’d say Akuma can work well. I’m thinking not just the mid-air fireball, but maybe a unique shorthop in the form of the Demon Flip and maybe even an Oni alt costume if we’re lucky.

Now that got me thinking: can Echo Fighters have Alph-type skins?

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Support +1
I prefer Akuma being an echo for Ryu than Ken honestly, it would just be cool to see him as an echo of Ryu.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I support Akuma,

but if one has to get it... well most people say Ken with great reason do so, but I can see a curveball with Akuma happing

So probably most people think like this I guess from what I seen
Ken
Akuma
Ken and Akuma?
Dan
Evil Ryu
Gouken

Last edited:

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I support Akuma to be Ryu's Echo with Raging Demon as his Final Smash :D

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Idea here, guys:

What if Akuma had two Final Smashes like Ryu does? Hear me out, these would be different.

The first FS would be the Kongou Kokuretsu Zan, aka the Island-Breaking Ground Pound. Akuma will raise his palm into the air and Smash the ground beneath him, creating a lightning bolt that shocks opponents above him and a shockwave that hits multiple times around him. If done in the air, he will plummet downwards, bringing everyone he hits down with him until the impact.

His second FS would be the Shun Goku Satsu we all know and love. By inputting A, A, <—/—>, A and B in that order, Akuma will glide in the direction of used in the input. This thing will be hard to land due to having not as much range, being able to be blocked and dodged, and going very slow, but if you manage to land it, you instantly KO the opponent, even at 0%!

Last edited:

toonito

Smash Ace
i like SF so i'm pretty much down for any character getting in Smash

supports

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Now that Isabelle has proven that similar characters don't have to be echos, what are everyone's thought of the possibility of a Semi Clone Akuma over and Echo one? I think this would work better since his moves have more variation and unique properties in comparison to Ryu.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Now that Isabelle has proven that similar characters don't have to be echos, what are everyone's thought of the possibility of a Semi Clone Akuma over and Echo one? I think this would work better since his moves have more variation and unique properties in comparison to Ryu.
Demon Flip down B.

That’s all I need to say. :p

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Akuma is definitely up there among my most wanted fighting game reps. His chances seem slim this late in the game, given he's a spirit and superficially similar to another Ultimate newcomer (Ken) -- but I believe if any Street Fighter character is going to pull through for the second wave of DLC, it's Akuma. His high-energy playstyle would bring a lot to the Shoto archetype in Smash (who lack aggresive options), and he's an intimidation villain to oppose the generally similar fighting game protags we've gotten thusfar.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I would say Sephiroth has opened the gate for Akuma and 3rd party villains to join if not this smash game probably more likely the next one, keep in mind we don’t have a fighting game villain yet
But it’s seems Sakurai favor Iori yagami for a fighting game villain from what we know so far

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'll support. Much rather have an Akuma echo than a Ken echo. Like how I'd rather a Metal Sonic echo than a Shadow or Tails echo.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Not sure I'm understanding you correctly but I'd rather him not be an echo at all. They could base him off his street fighter 5 iteration, which much different than the street fighter 4 iterations of Ken and Ryu.

Top Bottom