• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Master of Illusions: Zoroark for Smash

LYD

Smash Rookie
disclaimer: I find this character quite unlikely as, with the exception of generation one, all pokémon reps were from the current generation. Zoroark is also a Pokéball so DLC is very unlikely, but one could argue about the inconsistency of Chrom making an appearance on Robin’s final smash and that another Pokémon could replace Zoroark with Fury Swipes. Without further ado, though, here’s the thread:
What is a Zoroark?
Zoroark is a Pokémon from the fifth generation, and possibly one of the most popular from said generation. It’s known for its ability to create illusions capable of twisting the reality even on cameras, as shown on its movie.

Why a Zoroark?
Zoroark is arguably one of the most popular Pokémon from the fifth generation, and while rather unlikely, it’s probably the better option to promote gen 5 in case, say, a remake game gets announced. Zoroark also can have a very criative moveset courtesy of its Illusion ability, which could allow it to trick its opponents and the actual players into thinking it’s transforming into a Pokémon, when in actuality it’s just an Illusion.

Potential Movesets!
[hide=LYD’s moveset]work in progress...[/hide]

List of Supporters!
LYD LYD
Kirbeh Kirbeh
Frizz Frizz

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Can't say I was super excited for Zoroark when Gen V first came out, but its grown on me over the years. Plus, Gen V is one of my favorites, and along with Gen III, remain as the only two without a playable Pokemon. It's not a requirement of course, but it'd be nice to have, and among the Gen V Pokemon, I'd say Zoroark is one of the few that'd be best fit to represent B/W. Support.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Between the release of Brawl and Smash 4's production, I remember people rooting for, or at the very least, expecting Zoroark to be in the next Smash Bros. game. But Zoroark's support kind of... receded one day. I guess it's because Gen 6 had already came out in between the timespan, so people were expecting a Gen 6 Pokemon to be in the game instead. In any case, I support. I can't wait to see what you do for the rest of its moveset.

1.21 Jiggawatts

Smash Cadet
Zorarch is a Pokémon from the 5th Generation, Pokémon Black and White. Zorarch as the ability to look like any Pokémon.

Neutral Special - Illusion - Zorarch transforms into one of the fights on the stage

Side Special - Smokescreen- Zoroarch creates a smokescreen which covers part of the stage

Up Special - Quick Attack - Pikachu’s Up Special

Down Special - Mirage - Zoroarch creates a clone of what ever Form he is in. The clone can’t deal damage and has 1 HP

Final Smash - Backstab - Zoroarch rushes forward the first person caught is sent to a cut screen where they see someone close to them, but then are immediately attack by them, then is revealed to by Zoroarch

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Now that I think about it, Zoroark could be the Lucina of Lucario.
As in an echo without the base character's gimmick.
So basically Lucario without Aura.
Maybe have a couple unique moves Chrom and Ken style. Replace Force Palm with Wolf's Side B and call it Night Slash. Force Palm is useless without Aura anyway.
Down B could also be a Bayonetta-style "counter", but instead of countering, Zoroark would become invisible for 10 seconds, referencing his Illusion ability.

Top Bottom