• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mascot of Despair, Monokuma Punishes the Competition!

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure the rule came out after Joker was released. The YouTube videos presenting each of the fighters ESRB at the start are.

:ultjoker::E10
:ulthero::E10-T
:ultbanjokazooie::E10
:ult_terry::E10-T
:ultbyleth::E10-T
:ultminmin: E10-T
Steve: E-E10
Well, I know Nintendo wouldn't hesitate to put the actual logo for an M-rated fighter from an M-rated franchise if the presentation is dedicated to them. I can understand removing the logos for Assassin's Creed, Fallout, and No More Heroes, because why should a video dedicated to a E10/T character have to have an M rating just because a logo appeared for a second?

The whole situation is dumb in general, because an M-rated Mii Costume can appear in a presentation and the video won't have an M-rating on it, but because the LOGO appeared now it would have an M-rating. Stupid.

Last edited:

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
Anyways... while we're on the topic of logos.

I wonder how the Smash community would react with a leak that was just this image. I'm sure Smash Twitter would be very rational.

smash bros x danganronpa.jpg

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I made a Spirit Board I would be satisfied with a Mii costume but Monokuma could easily be a character I would be happy with that.

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR DANGANRONPA 1 AND 2 AND MINOR SPOILERS FOR V3!!!

Hajime Hinata would evolve into

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
I made a Spirit Board I would be satisfied with a Mii costume but Monokuma could easily be a character I would be happy with that.

Ok, Nagito being represented by Cloud and Hajime evolving into
Izuru
is genius. I also really like Kaede as Isabelle.

Overall, very well done!!

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer

My only complaints are that Makoto isn't the Legendary Spirit and that
Monomi evolving into Usami

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
I think it would be interesting if we got a danganronpa spirit event when the world reaches 2 million COVID-19 deaths.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
That's still not funny, and a bit disrespectful too towards the people that have died due to the virus.
I probably meant interesting, and not "funny".

But anyway I support Monokuma, along with Makoto as well. I don't know either of them significantly as of now.

Last edited:

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
For anybody interested, there's a Twitter account dedicated to listing songs that could be added to Smash per series. That account just did a post for Danganronpa music.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
As deserved. Danganronpa's songs are a spectacle, and I'm appreciative that Masafumi Takada made such a great soundtrack.

Also because I like to think that DR music is inspired by Front 242 and Fluke.

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
In terms of seeing Danganronpa's growing popularity, r/danganronpa became the top visual novel subreddit on Reddit, passing r/DDLC.

I know it's not that big of a deal but I just wanted to let some of you guys know.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
In terms of seeing Danganronpa's growing popularity, r/danganronpa became the top visual novel subreddit on Reddit, passing r/DDLC.

I know it's not that big of a deal but I just wanted to let some of you guys know.
Doki Doki Literature Club is still iconic and popular for now.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

Monika Mii Costume when?

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
Danganronpa update of the day

Apparently those wacky gaming grumps are starting a Danganronpa Let's Play. I'm uncertain what it means for the fanbase but I know DR is now gonna become more popular than it currently is.

Interestingly Alpharad still hasn't started Danganronpa I believe even though he said he was gonna stream it a while ago.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Danganronpa update of the day

Apparently those wacky gaming grumps are starting a Danganronpa Let's Play. I'm uncertain what it means for the fanbase but I know DR is now gonna become more popular than it currently is.

Interestingly Alpharad still hasn't started Danganronpa I believe even though he said he was gonna stream it a while ago.
They're gonna give Hifumi the Grubba voice, aren't they?

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
They're gonna give Hifumi the Grubba voice, aren't they?
Yes. Guaranteed. Their appearances suit each other, so the voice will too.

Although the Let's Player that does the best voices (and are funnier) is OneyPlays, I'd like to see them give the DR characters their voices lol

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
Just about a month until Danganronpa turns 10! I wonder what they'll do for the birthday month, maybe something big???
There's a good possibility if there was something big planned on the exact date, it got delayed, which is why the 10th anniversary is being extended into 2021 and the Dangan TV episodes ended early.

GustavoAlves

Smash Cadet
Bravely Default II and NMH 1+2 on Switch is awesome.

Other awesome news is that there are no more partner directs after this.

...For this year, at least. Which doesn't say much since we're in november (But a december one would be nice)

D

Deleted member

Mind if somone add me to support list? Kinda hyped tho.

I swear if DR gets into Smash, the reveal trailer would have to be something out of Megamind levels of hype.

"Oh you're a villain alright. Just not a super one!"
"Yeah? What's the difference?"
"PRESENTATION!"

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
Unless you're ignoring the user like I am, just scroll up. Something extremely morbid about a certain pandemic.
Wouldn't be surprised if they were a troll because I remember looking through their profile and they have some rather questionable remarks sometimes on here.

Especially suspicious with the weirdly stressed out apology about their behavior.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Wouldn't be surprised if they were a troll because I remember looking through their profile and they have some rather questionable remarks sometimes on here.

Especially suspicious with the weirdly stressed out apology about their behavior.
I don't think they're a troll. I do have a theory, but stating what I think would just cause unneccessary drama. All I'll say before dropping it is that there is a reason that I ignore them. And I definitely have never had a favorable opinion of them from any of my interactions with them.

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
I don't think they're a troll. I do have a theory, but stating what I think would just cause unneccessary drama. All I'll say before dropping it is that there is a reason that I ignore them. And I definitely have never had a favorable opinion of them from any of my interactions with them.
If they aren't a troll, then those are some hilariously bad takes. And also kinda sad. Riles up a thread for absolutely no reason.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
If they aren't a troll, then those are some hilariously bad takes. And also kinda sad. Riles up a thread for absolutely no reason.
Correct, I'm not a troll at all. And I still want Danganronpa to get playable characters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom