• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marth Matchup Ratio Thread (V2)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Wdf marth ***** bananas. He has some legit setups and uses with them. You can also fair while holding it so you can space/retreat WHILE holding the banana. Legit.

Nike.

Smash Hero
But how do you get the banana.

What if Diddy is holding a banana and shielding while you approach with a short hop? What do you do?

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Don't hold onto them. Honestly if you have no experience playing AS Diddy you should probably just throw them offstage.

Diddy mains are easily the best at item control, they will anticipate you and just get it back. Then you are back to square one. Throw it off the stage, take away and chance that he will get it back.

If you have time, jump offstage and throw it up. That way it is even more time before he spawns another.
Throw them offstage? You've got to be kidding me. Atleast keep them on stage by the edge...If you throw them off he will just make more. Stupidest Idea Ever.

Just throw them behind you and proceed to **** Diddy without his bananas.

As for Nike, why are you short hopping a diddy when he is shielding? Don't get in the situation is what you do. Approach on the ground when he has a banana so you can powershield on reaction and z catch it when it bounces off the shield. But yea...spam fair if you do get in that situation or mindgame them into a grab.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
FH fair while hes holding the naner. If hes not take it. If he throws it PS and fair catch it.
Thats like half the diddy matchup.

The other half is ->

After you get the naners away from him. Then proceed to be aggressive with marth and he better prepare his cornhole.

I still don't understand why it says we lose to him.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Diddy doesn't like pressure when he doesn't have any bananas in his hand*

seriously do you guys realize how stupid it is for a character to have move that can be executed 6 frames OOS that instantaneously converts disadvantageous positions to advantageous positions? this is why most low level diddy players pass off as mid level players in their region, because they don't need thought to their button pressing to win

requires zero ****ing effort. diddy vs marth pisses me off

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lolz bad diddy's get ***** if they dont know what they're doing but i get what u mean. Banana toss OoS is pretty gay. I don't feel the hatred so many of you seem to...

C.M.X

Smash Apprentice
Additional info will be added later.

For this week, what ratios do you think Snake and Falco should be?

My Decision:

Falco: 50:50

Snake: 55:45

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I wouldn't mind helping you manage it, just saying lol

Though I don't think there could be much to do except give a description to each or something.

V

Smash Ace
After watching rich and mike play several times I think olimar marth is 0

:phone:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
SHUN GOKU SATSU! or Flutterrage, but that was only like a week.

TKD

Smash Lord
imo, you should use "close", "advantage", "counter".
as like, the only fox main, i consider fox and marth even. mike has played me, he can give a good opinion too if you chat him up.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
MK and DDD = -2
TL and Falco = +1
ZSS, Lucario and Snake = 0

All this +/- nonsense is too ambiguous. Match-ups were bad enough before.
How the hell is snake vs marthe even x.o

It seems at the very least that marth has a soft advantage on snake. If not strong like mk.

V

Smash Ace
From watching anaky vs calzorz and mike vs ally it seems snake only gets damage if marth messes up. When marth plays precisely it seems unlikely that snake can do much, but seeing as though its difficult to play flawlessly for a whole match and snake's range/damage output on his tilts allow him to punish big when he gets the chance. I think its +1 at least for marth.

:phone:

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yeah thats exactly how i see it SFH, Snake can only do well in this matchup cuz of fricken Grenades. Im sure his metagame vs Marth is just to simply higher the chances of Marth messing up, as well as camp all day.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
MK, Diddy, DDD are -1 or -2
IC is -1
Snake, Falco, Fox, Wolf, Kirby, Olimar, Toon Link, ROB are 0
Ike, Peach, Pit, Sonic, Sheik are +1
Wario and GW are +2

All imo of course. I only did characters for which I think I know the match-ups.

:059:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Hey guys, check the OP. I put up a separate section that will list every marth mains discrepancies. So far I've got mine and Gheb's, but I'd love to get everybody from the marth boards on it. Maybe it'll help when the BBR starts discussions on v2 in the future.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm not a Marth main though :bee:
Just an interested follower of various characters' metagames - Marth being one of them^^

:059:

Top Bottom