• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mario Video Collection

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
Since Supatony (kanzaki) won't be updating his threads and our mods are too busy I decided
to make a new Mario video thread for the years of 2011 & 2012 (with tony's approval of course.)

I'll be updating this thread as long as they are Mario videos of the year 2011 & 2012.

and I'll be organizing the videos matchup wise(and separating doubles and singles obviously).

If the layout of it doesn't seem very efficient tell me so we can compromise a better way to organize them.

If you post your (or someone elses) video please tell me your or their name, their opponent's(or opponents') name

and if it was wifi or not. Combo videos are also welcome (as long as they are of the year 2011 lol).

Also if you have replays but can't get them onto youtube you may contact Fire! and see if he can upload them for you.

Singles

[collapse=metaknight]Boss vs Seagull Man
2Fast vs Omni
Jimmyfosho vs Gio 1
Jimmyfosho vs Gio 2
Jimmyfosho vs King~
Jimmyfosho vs Valery
steep (Mario) vs Kirikou Rung (MK) [/collapse]

[collapse=Snake] Deez vs Sake
KMF vs Hero of Banthum
Steep vs Rogue Blades
Condemned Soul (entered in the tournament under hot arms for trolling purposes) vs DI Joe
Sensei vs 2Pro
Vato_break vs ??? (goes ROB 2nd game) *wifi*
Dr. Yogi vs 313
Dr. Yogi vs 313 2
Dr. Yogi vs Stockfield[/collapse]

[collapse=Diddy Kong] DMBrandon vs Gnes 1
DMBrandon vs Gnes 2
Dekar vs Twister[/collapse]

[collapse=Falco]Boss vs Seagull Man
Jimmyfosho vs Valery
2Fast vs GIMR (falco & GW)
TC1 vs Choice [/collapse]

[collapse=Wario]Boss vs Takeover
Flameleon vs Pichu
Bo X7 vs 7FO 1
Bo X7 vs 7FO 2
Bo X7 vs 7FO 3
Bo X7 vs 7FO 4[/collapse]

[collapse=Marth] A2ZOMG vs Marth 1 *wifi*
A2ZOMG vs Marth 2 *wifi*
stack vs ohms *wifi*
Steep vs Rogue Blades
Flameleon vs Wonf 1
Flameleon vs Wonf 2
Flameleon vs Wonf 3
Coolwhip vs Misty *wifi*
Dr. Yogi vs Chaser
Dr. Yogi vs Chaser 2
BSP vs Batto[/collapse]

[collapse=Ice Climbers]N/A[/collapse]

[collapse=Olimar] Boss vs Logic
2Fast vs Logic
2Fast vs Logic
Jimmyfosho vs AndMan
ThatGuy vs Ortiz
Coolwhip vs Awex *wifi* [/collapse]

[collapse=Pikachu]Vato_Break Vs. The Truth(pikachu)
Super vs Jawsome
Super vs Jawsome 2[/collapse]

[collapse=King DeDeDe] A2ZOMG vs SRK
Flameleon vs Dozi
Vato_break vs ??? *wifi*
[/collapse]

[collapse=Mr. Game and Watch]Coolwhip Vs. Pavel (G&W) *wifi*
Vs. Pavel part 2 *wifi*[/collapse]

[collapse=Lucario] Flameleon vs Richi [/collapse]

[collapse=Zero Suit Samus] SKidd vs Cheeszeman
Z'Zgashi vs Tsuteto
Super vs Robjoe
Super vs Red[/collapse]

[collapse=Toon Link] 2Fast vs Lobos 1
2Fast vs Lobos 2
2Fast vs Shadow1pj
Z'zgashi vs Deathbysuarez
Z'zgashi vs Deathbysuarez
Flameleon vs Hyuga 1&2
Flameleon vs Hyuga 3[/collapse]

[collapse=Kirby]N/A[/collapse]

[collapse=Fox]N/A[/collapse]

[collapse=ROB] Fonso vs Titan 1
Fonso vs Titan 2
SupaTony vs Victortristan
Steep vs Comrade
A2ZOMG vs SRK 1
A2ZOMG vs SRK 2

Cool Whip Vs. Luckylime (Round 1)
Coolwhip Vs. Luckylime (Round 2)
Skidd vs IHT
Stevo vs Kiraflax[/collapse]

[collapse=Pit] CoolWhip vs SmashKing
Z'zgashi vs deathbysuarez
Theelitebrawler vs R_Sharkz1 *wifi*
Irios vs Yass
Jimmyfosho vs Luckay
Stevo vs Kiraflax
Stevo vs Kiraflax 2[/collapse]

[collapse=Peach] Vato_Break vs LanceStern
Coolwhip vs Saki *wifi*
SKidd vs Big D
BSP vs Batto
Vato_Break Vs. ????(Peach)[/collapse]

[collapse=Donkey Kong] 2Fast vs Will 1
2Fast vs Will 2
Dekar vs JT!
KMF vs ZeroL
Omari vs Eazy[/collapse]

[collapse=Luigi] KMF vs RiVer[/collapse]

[collapse=Wolf] Boss vs Seagull Man 1
Boss vs Seagull Man 2
Boss vs Seagull Man 3
Vato_Break vs. Jebus
Stack vs BBW *wifi*
Dr. Yogi vs Chaser
steep (Mario) vs Seagull (Wolf) $5MM Game 1
steep (Mario) vs Seagull (Wolf) $5MM Game 2
steep (Mario) vs Seagull (Wolf) Friendly
[/collapse]

[collapse=Sheik/Zelda][/collapse]

[collapse=Sonic] 2Fast vs Kojin
BSP vs Zero
Vato_Break Vs. BAM(Sonic)[/collapse]

[collapse=Ike] Z'zgashi vs Tsuteto
MP8 vs -TheLeathalAlphX- *wifi*[/collapse]

[Collapse=Sheik(only)] Calebyte vs Peep
Excel vs Ripple 1
Excel vs Ripple 2
Cross vs Torakichi
Super vs Red[/collapse]

[collapse=Ness] Dekar vs Isaccard
SKidd vs Asa[/collapse]

[collapse=Pokemon Trainer]N/A[/collapse]

[collapse=Yoshi] Kudemo vs Zudenka [/collapse]

[collapse=Lucas] SupaTony vs 3Des
Vato_Break Vs. ???(Lucas)[/collapse]

[collapse=Mario] Calebyte vs Steep 1
Calebyte vs Steep 2
Coolwhip vs Matador 1 *wifi*
Coolwhip vs Matador 2 *wifi*
TEB vs Cezz *wifi*
Stack vs Matador 1 *wifi*
Stack vs Matador 2 *wifi*
Stack vs Matador 3 *wifi*
Stack vs Matador 4 *wifi*
Stack vs Matador 5 *wifi*
Stack vs Matador 6 *wifi*
[/collapse]

[collapse=Bowser]Jimmyfosho vs Seagull[/collapse]

[collapse=Captain Falcon] Fonso vs Uranus
Fonso vs Uranus 2
A2ZOMG vs SRK
stack vs ohms *wifi*[/collapse]

[collapse=Samus]N/A[/collapse]

[collapse=Jigglypuff] SSGuy vs Mink 1
SSGuy vs Mink 2
SSGuy vs Mink 3
Jimmyfosho vs Seagull
Stack vs Mint*wifi*
Veggi vs Mink[/collapse]

[collapse=Link]Z'zgashi vs deathbysuarez
Blubolouis vs Nives 1
Blubolouis vs Nives 2
Dekar vs Gorf (link)1
Dekar vs Gorf (link) 2
Dr. Yogi vs Chaser
Tearbear vs Scizor[/collapse]

[collapse=Zelda(only)] Stack vs Zerudahime 1 *wifi*
Stack vs Zerudahime 2 *wifi*
Stack vs Zerudahime 3 *wifi*
Veggi vs ScaryLB59(Ed) 1
Veggi vs ScaryLB59(Ed) 2
Veggi vs ScaryLB59(Ed) 3[/collapse]

[collapse=Ganon] Boss vs Clai
Boss vs Clai 2
Elegh vs SpeeD 1
Elegh vs SpeeD 2
Elegh vs SpeeD 3
Elegh vs SpeeD 4
Elegh vs SpeeD 5[/collapse]

Older thread

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm really lazy and I want someone who has the ability to record in quality better than that of a camcorder to do me a favor. I have some offline friendly matches from just yesterday I want uploaded. Anyone interested should contact me within the week. Otherwise by then I'll do it myself and you'll have to put up with camcorder quality.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I might be able to post some videos for critiquing soon. I'm getting a capture card in June and I've been saving a lot of replays, a few of them with Mario. I know I need to improve a lot, so I wanna hear from you guys what you think I need to work on most :)

steep

Smash Lord
This is awesome Jimmyfosho! I love the setup because when I have trouble with a MU I always look up games against that specific MU with good Mario's. By the way, just a suggestion, you might want to separate Zelda and Shiek if the videos are of only one of the two characters. Otherwise, this is really great!

I should have plenty of videos to contribute coming up this summer! Hopefully good ones!

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
This is awesome Jimmyfosho! I love the setup because when I have trouble with a MU I always look up games against that specific MU with good Mario's. By the way, just a suggestion, you might want to separate Zelda and Shiek if the videos are of only one of the two characters. Otherwise, this is really great!

I should have plenty of videos to contribute coming up this summer! Hopefully good ones!
the deed has been done.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Good stuff Jimmy, my suggestion is to remove the empty match ups for now, for cleaner looking purposes. And if you wanna be cute, add the picture of the character next to their name xD

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Just randomly throwing out that I can record people's videos.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Good stuff Jimmy, my suggestion is to remove the empty match ups for now, for cleaner looking purposes. And if you wanna be cute, add the picture of the character next to their name xD
If I was good with making small little images of each character I would have done that but unfortunately I can't. Also I think leaving the ones that don't have any atm up would just be more convenient for the future though this is my opinion.
Offline Dubz friendly:
2fast (mario) and JG WentWorth (MK) vs Exdia (Snake) and Dark Peach (Peach)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufQULdWLFjQ
I shall be adding
Your reactions are so good 2fast. I feel that the main thing you and your partner should have done better though was hogging the ledge in 2v1 situations.

All friendlies vs SRK:
Vs Falcon
Vs DDD <-best match of me imo.
Vs ROB
Vs ROB <-sick edgeguarding 2nd stock.

A few ladder matches against a Marth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxJlZmbk3lw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYuqvH-Z6UQ <- Brinstar is awesome.
adding this on as well

Just randomly throwing out that I can record people's videos.
Fire do you mind if I put a link to your profile as a reference for future Marios that want to get their replays on Youtube?

steep

Smash Lord
I have a MM with Technical Chase using DDD and possibly with Nasty using Lucas coming up in a couple weeks so I can get a recording of that hopefully. Also, I have some friendlies on a friend of mine's wii with me vs a samus who's a good friend of mine (and a decent samus who knows the Mario MU well). Also, I'm going to try to record any of my pools and/or tourney matches that are any good at the upcoming tourneys I'm going to.... Gonna try to get myself out there! Whoo!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Man. Talk about that auto sound lag. :lol:

I'll try to get some matches up on yt sometime next week.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
SSGuy vs Mink (Jigglypuff) Low tier Losers Semi Finals (Battle for 3rd)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q97nm7vQbO4 *Game 1*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cicwPglb0c&feature=related *Game 2*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnSL38zEx78&feature=related *Game 3*

Mink is the 3rd best Jigglypuff on SWF and possibly in the United States. He understands Puff really well so these matches are good to watch. (Especially for low tiers)
Added to the OP
Man. Talk about that auto sound lag. :lol:

I'll try to get some matches up on yt sometime next week.
nice looking forward to them.

also I'm going to a tournament on Sunday so hopefully I can get a few offline matches of myself.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to contribute as well but I only have Wifi matches. I wish I could get some more offline experience however. I'll see what I have and if its worth posting here.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
SSGuy vs Mink (Jigglypuff) Low tier Losers Semi Finals (Battle for 3rd)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q97nm7vQbO4 *Game 1*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cicwPglb0c&feature=related *Game 2*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnSL38zEx78&feature=related *Game 3*

Mink is the 3rd best Jigglypuff on SWF and possibly in the United States. He understands Puff really well so these matches are good to watch. (Especially for low tiers)
Learn to block more, spotdodge less, and U-air out of shield more. And generally get more confident in your spacing since trades are favorable in this matchup. That's all I can really say. Mink needs to spam Pound less since that's mad unsafe on block (it's GODLY for breaking zoning. Crap for spacing). Also practice on Brinstar more, since it's Mario's best stage (admittedly Jiggs is actually stupid good there too, but you benefit more from it).

Here are a few wi-fi matches of my Mario againts a Lucario player. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ5P9lpb_P8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO9L7UMnLjk
Don't spotdodge against Lucario. You practically never need to do it, especially since his grab range is crap. On BF use SH D-air for platform pressure. It's hard on wifi but learn to hit confirm Jab2 -> D-smash on Lucario since he's easy to Jab cancel combo. F-throw -> Fireball is good for edgeguards, there is almost no reason to not throw a fireball after F-throw.

2nd match, you could have ledgedropped N-air for free around 33 seconds in. You should not be afraid to go for edgeguards on YI because you can walljump recover on this stage. The time you got gimped was stupid since you could have waited for the combo to end and then make it back easily. Gimps you scored on the 2nd and 3rd stock on the other hand were pretty good though.

Nice Jab cancels first match first stock. I personally would have comboed into D-smash to be conservative since the way to escape that trap is to DI away, which D-smashing could also take advantage of.

From what I'm watching, I feel your ledge game is unrefined. You can Cape Stall as a means to set up ledgehop B-airs, or you can ledgehop turnaround fireball for similar results.

2nd kill first stock was pretty good, very creative. Nice mindgames. When you F-throw in general though, you should throw fireballs immediately afterwards.

2:11 first video, a ledgedrop U-air would have hit Diddy there.

2nd match, first kill and ledgetech was really nice. In general I feel you have a nice technical Mario. Good use of U-smash out of shield, it needs to be used more. I feel you should autoJab more (hold the A button to do the Jab combo) and learn to hit confirm Jab cancels after Jab2, which is superior to Jab1 for Jab cancels.

Use SH D-air for platform pressuring low platforms.

As for Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong is super easy until you make a mistake that gets you killed. Just throw fireballs and crouch a lot facing backwards. It ruins 90% of his game. He can't B-air when you crouch since you can powershield or whiff punish him on reaction. If he F-tilts and whiffs, you can reverse F-smash on reaction to punish him. Also when you're close and when he's above you, D-air ***** him. Also chase his airdodge with Dash Attack if he DIs away, since that leads to easy combos. F-throw -> Fireball also is mad good against him. Jab combo also owns DK since he can't shieldgrab it in between hits ever if you just autoJab. Your goal against DK is to get him over 100%, since his ledge game is terrible and easy to punish on reaction.

Also you **** him on Brinstar, which they almost will never ban against you until you show them how gay Mario is on that stage by just platform camping with fireballs.

steep

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be playing quite a few people at SiiS5 in 12 days (HYPE!) and i will try to record as many as I can.

Dekar173

Justice Man
@a2z- jab canceling using jab2 is gonna be difficult to start doing because of playing Falcon so much ;p

I hate Brinstar, but I'll keep that in mind. Wouldn't really use Mario in tourney as I main Diddy, and he's mid tier now (so I'm strictly going CF for low-tiers) :( but I'll keep that in mind for MMs.

I hate dair, but have been just spamming it recently to get used to the fact that it is indeed a useful move lol.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Falcon actually has good frame advantage after Jab2 in his Jab cancels, so it's not a bad habit to get into if you're also playing Mario.

Mario is stupid good on Brinstar. If Metaknight didn't exist, he probably would be the best overall character in the game on that specific stage, about tied with G&W in overall effectiveness and matchup spreads. You can fireball camp almost forever on that stage, and almost the entire cast actually has trouble punishing it since platform camping is broken on Brinstar. Even better is the fact Mario is actually good at punishing platform camping due to his D-air, which is low lag enough to frametrap jump out of shield, meaning he can't really be outgayed on Brinstar. Three matchups you definitely win on Brinstar include Falco, Ice Climbers, and Wario just for reference. There's probably more, just haven't played all matchups on Brinstar yet though.

Of course though, Metaknight is gay because he also is one of those rare characters who actually doesn't suck at platform pressure. G&W as well too has a pretty gay platform pressure game.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You make pretty good reads, and you do seem to understand the empty jump bait. I feel your D-throw game is weak. Learn to follow up with weak DA when they DI away from you to get free regrabs.

DI upwards all the time against Wolf when you whiff at midrange. There really is no reason not to since this is good against his F-smash.

1:25 you should have SH D-aired. I assume you were trying to go for a platform slip combo otherwise. Keep in mind done frame perfect, fullhop U-airx2 autocancels on BFs platforms.

You could also try to crouch when Wolf does B-airs I guess, but w/e. Jebus made some pretty silly mistakes.

vato_break

Smash Master
i kept on sheilding after downthrow because i expected him to shine, which i guess he never actually ended up doing. but, yeah wolfs bairs are annoying, i think i need to learn to power sheild them more so i can punish them more easily. Honestly feel like mario would **** wolf if it were not for his backair.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wolf's B-air isn't necessarily hard to deal with. Crouching is your friend against it. Wolf in my opinion telegraphs his B-air by virtue of his high fall speed. There's only a limited range of timings at which he can space it, and you make it worse for him when you crouch.

Also I'm PRETTY sure that if he does rising B-airs, you can duck under them. His B-air doesn't linger particularly long, so this can be good for setting up some whiff punishes.

Top Bottom