• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course pass DLC discussion and speculation

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
This is probably unlikely, but part of me thinks it would be cool that if after Wave 6, they added an alternate ending credits or title screen showing all the playable characters (booster course included) like they did in Double Dash and Wii. Would be a nice send off to a game that's been supported for so long throughout technically 2 generations, similar to the "Everyone is Here" poster for Smash Ultimate as well.

The closing scene at the end of the credits after beating all versions of the All-Cup Tour
The true ending (with everything unlocked) with the entire cast at Luigi Circuit at the end of the credits

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
This is probably unlikely, but part of me thinks it would be cool that if after Wave 6, they added an alternate ending credits or title screen showing all the playable characters (booster course included) like they did in Double Dash and Wii. Would be a nice send off to a game that's been supported for so long throughout technically 2 generations, similar to the "Everyone is Here" poster for Smash Ultimate as well.

The closing scene at the end of the credits after beating all versions of the All-Cup Tour
The true ending (with everything unlocked) with the entire cast at Luigi Circuit at the end of the credits
I'd love something like this. Mario Kart 8 as it stands feels a lot more "corporate" than previous entries, with stuff like the Awards Ceremony and "Thanks for Playing" images just being... missing. This would help bring a little of that soul back.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I also would have loved costumes from other Nintendo franchises, but I think these costumes are all from Tour, the reason they're here, much like the booster courses that were all in Tour already or were eventually added to Tour, was mainly for porting and preserving assets. And Tour exclusively had Mario costumes and drivers, if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can't wait for the Diddy Kong Racing DLC to finally hit! I put MK8 away for a while because of this. I'll enjoy this last batch of DLC tremendously

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Super excited for all four characters. Diddy and Funky both being there fills my banana loving heart with joy, great to see Kong representation beyond just DK again (I do wish Dixie was among them, but next game I guess). Pauline is a longtime legacy character that was one of the first three characters of the series along Mario and DK, and I loved her music and design in Odyssey along with the New Donk City course as a whole, so I'm super glad she's here. Peachette has a cute design and I am a fan of both Peach and Toadette so I'm happy to see her here as well. Probably my most anticipated Wave yet because of the characters.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
According to the official Japanese Nintendo Website, the distribution time for Wave 6 in Japan will be Thursday 11/9, at 10 AM.

Translated to western time zones, that makes the release time:

5 PM on Wednesday 11/8 for PST (Western United States/Canada)
8 PM on Wednesday 11/8 for EST (Eastern United States/Canada)
1 AM on Thursday 11/9 for GMT (United Kingdom)

Happy Racing!

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
After playing around with the DLC, I’d say that Rosalina’s Ice World and Bowser’s Castle 3 are the biggest highlights for me. It’s also cool that we were able to get four additional characters at the end of the BCP

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

I've never been so happy to be right (missing some characters like the babies, metals, variants in general, Miis, and the crossover Nintendo characters, but it's good enough, they got all the unique Mario characters there).

1699634432532.png

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Greatest redemption arcs of the ages.

Character selection screen (30/4/2014 Mario Kart 8 Direct)
The character select screen, with the downloadable characters included.
Character select screen at launch
Character select screen with Gold Mario unlocked and all DLC characters downloaded
The additions really did change one of the most bland rosters into the best Mario Kart roster of all time.

I used to think Wii's roster would never be topped, but they really did it.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
You know, given that Yoshi, Shy Guy, and Birdo all got alternate colors, I am surprised Toad didn't get any as well. Beyond the standard colors they love to put in every game (Red, Yellow, Blue, Purple, and Green), it would have cool to see Light Blue, Pink, Orange, Black, and White Toads like they did for the other 3 species. Would have been even cooler to give Toadette alternate colors as well, as a throwback to the various female Toads in SMRPG and the first two Paper Marios.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The next Mario Kart game for the next Nintendo console should be titled Mario Kart ♾️ (aka Mario Kart Infinity).

You basically turn the 8 on its side. It would have the following:
  • 48 race courses from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • 48 race courses from Booster Course Pass
  • 48 more race courses (24 new + 24 retro)
  • 8 battle courses from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • 16 more battle courses (8 new + 8 retro)
  • 48 characters from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe + Booster Course Pass
  • 16 more characters
16 more characters:
  1. Captain Falcon
  2. Chargin’ Chuck
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. Donkey Kong Jr.
  5. Elephant Mario
  6. Hammer Bro
  7. Honey Queen
  8. King Bob-omb
  9. Koopa Paratroopa
  10. Monty Mole
  11. Nabbit
  12. Ninji
  13. Pikmin
  14. Poochy
  15. R.O.B.
  16. Zelda

More color options for:
  • Toad (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Purple)
  • Isabelle (Spring, Autumn)
  • Hammer Bro (Hammer Bro, Boomerang Bro, Fire Bro, Ice Bro)
  • Pikmin (Red, Yellow, Blue)
  • R.O.B. (Gray, Red)
  • Zelda (Classic, BOTW)
New items
  • Bob-omb Buddy (cross between Bob-omb and Red Shell; it runs after the driver in front of you)
  • Boo Buddies (cross between Boo and Crazy Eight; makes you invisible and steals items from all other drivers; replaces Crazy Eight)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I found my top character I want for the next Mario Kart (and Mario Tennis, Golf, Strikers, etc.)

Concept art for Walpeach
Walpeach Model Instagram 2.jpg
Walpeach Model Instagram 3.jpg
Walpeach Model Instagram 1.jpg

Concept art posted for Mario Power Tennis released today of Wapeach. I really like the design and wish we could see her getting added to all the Mario Spinoffs, just like Rosalina in the Wii/Wii U era and Pauline in the Switch era. She'd be an interesting contrast to Peach and Daisy and would be more refreshing than more Metal or Baby variants.

Last edited:

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
It’s great to see characters like Diddy Kong and Funky Kong in Mario Kart again even if it took years. From the rumors I heard swirling around, Mario Kart 9 is rumored to be released in the summer of 2024. If Mario Kart 9 does happen in the future, I hope the roster turns out like the one Gorgonzales Gorgonzales posted. In the meantime though, what a great turnaround for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s roster. It’s now become one of my favorite Switch games.

Top Bottom