• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The many powers of Kirby

B.W.

Smash Champion
So I'm just going through all of the characters and seeing what Kirby gets from them as well as looking at other tidbits here and there. So... Here we go!

Bowser: Fire Breath
- We can flamecancel!
- But we don't get the bite like Bowser does.
- Flame doesn't get smaller overtime.

Captain Falcon: Falcon Punch
- Exactly the same as CF's. We can even quadruple turn!

Charizard: Flamethrower
- Can't angle flame.

Diddy Kong: Peanut Popper
- Doesn't seem like Kirby can airdodge out of it as soon as Diddy can.

Donkey Kong: Giant Punch
- Basically the same.
- But it seems pretty big compared to Melee! (on Kirby anyway)

Falco: Lasers
- They're the same.
- Thanks to Kirby's jump height and fall speed we can SHDL with these!!

Fox: Lasers
- They're the same.
- Thanks to Kirby's jump height and fall speed we can SH Quadruple Laser with these!... But triple laser is easier...

Ganondorf: Warlock Punch
- Seems to be the exact same.

Ice Climbers: Ice Block
- Looks to be the same

Ike: Eruption
- Seems to be exactly the same, size and all.

Ivysaur: Solarbeam
- We get a fully charged Solarbeam!
- But there's no recharging, no healing. One and done. Discard after use.

Jigglypuff: Rollout
- It's the same.

King Dedede: Inhale
- It's the same.

Link: Arrows
- Same

Lucario: Aura Sphere
- We get the Aura Sphere and nothing else.
- Can't tell if we're able to get the secret level 5 sphere.

Lucas: PK Freeze (AKA the biggest disappointment ever)
- It seems we get the aerial version even when standing.

Luigi: Fireball
- The same as Luigi's Fireball

Mario: Fireball
- The same as Mario's Fireball.
- We don't get pills or Doc's hat.

Marth: Shield Breaker
- It's the same.
- It's bigger than the dinky sword he used to get from swallowing Marth

Meta Knight: WhTornado
- Matches Meta Knight's.

Mewtwo: Disable (Also kind of disappointing...)
- The same as Mewtwo's Disable.

Mr. Game & Watch: Chef
- Seems to be exactly the same.

Ness: PK Flash
- Same

Olimar: Pluck & Throw
- Seems to be the same as Brawl.

Peach: Toad
- Same

Pikachu: Thunder Jolt
- Appears to be the same

Pit: Light Arrows
- Kirby's arrows don't lose power as they travel?
- Kirby doesn't stall in the air like Pit does?

R.O.B.: Optic Blast
- Same

Roy: FIRE!
- Kirby charges to full faster apparently.
- Kirby also uses his cutter blade.

Samus: Charge Shot
- Samus' shot travels faster?
- Kirby can't charge in the air?
- Both do the same damage though.

Sheik: Needles
- Unclankable? (Like Fox/Falco's lasers?) Needs to be tested further.

Snake: Grenades
- Kirby throws them at Brawl angles instead of Snake's P:M angles. (no rolling grenades)

Sonic: Homing Attack
- Kirby don't get to blast burst or whatever it's called.
- Our homing also seems to have more startup.
- Kirby also doesn't bounce upward after hitting an enemy.
- Kirby doesn't do tricks either.

Squirtle: Watergun
- It's Brawl Watergun.

Toon Link: Fire Arrows
- Toon Link charges slightly faster
- Kirby has more of a Brawl arc on his arrows.

Wario: Bite
- Kirby isn't effected by the bite limit Wario has.
- Kirby can't throw backwards
- Gets classic Wario hat. Mmm.

Wolf: Blaster
- Matches Wolf's

Yoshi: Egg Lay
- Yoshi's has waaaay more range.
- But Kirby can eat people with his butt lol

Zelda: Nayru's Love
- Seems to be the same.

Zero Suit Samus: Stun Gun
- Matches ZSS

Last edited:

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Dk copy seems to have super armor as well... and range is pretty good as well.

And from GnW he can get up to 4 sausages/bacons in a single SH.

Wario bite seems like it isn't affected by the grab-pummel timing limit, he can get a good chunk of damage if mashed fast enough before release...

br8k

Coolkid
Snake's nade throw input is Brawly, meaning he can't roll grenades, and you have to press back to throw them up, instead of pressing up.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Kirby`s Needles can go through Shadow Ball, Charge Beam and pretty much any projectile even though Sheik`s can`t

B.W.

Smash Champion
So you're saying they're not clankable? Do you know if they go through Sheik's needles as well?

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Speaking of grabs, what are some good followups?

What are his best grabs?

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
Kirby's ZSS stun gun quick shot (the not fully charged version) Actually stuns like Brawl i think
its definitely not like PM ZSS's stun gun

Fully Charged is the same tho

Plasma

Smash Cadet
Seems to me that Metaknight, Wario, Squirtle, Charizard, Snake, Pit, G&W, Link and Toon Link hats gets the brawl version instead of the modified PM version.
ICs hat doesn't have the hammer hitbox.
Wolf hat can waveland.
Zelda hat can land cancel.

B.W.

Smash Champion
What's different about Pit's Arrows and Kirby's (current) arrows exactly? I'm really having a hard time telling the difference.

KarmaJolt

Smash Cadet
I copied Wario the other day, and it seems like if you mash fast enough, bite can chew for 30-40 damage. I think this depends on the opponent's damage before the initial bite, but I just thought I'd point out that mashing super fast after biting someone can score some wicked results.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Err...... I really dont have anything to say that would contribute to this conversation... But kirby with a gun everyone :D

Plasma

Smash Cadet
Kirby's arrows does a bit more damage and has a more strict curve (Brawl's curve). Kirby's arrows also doesn't lose power as it travels.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I copied Wario the other day, and it seems like if you mash fast enough, bite can chew for 30-40 damage. I think this depends on the opponent's damage before the initial bite, but I just thought I'd point out that mashing super fast after biting someone can score some wicked results.
I copied Wario the other day. You have NO IDEA how happy I was to see his yellow hat instead of the Wario Ware hat :bubblebobble:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Kirby's ZSS stun gun quick shot (the not fully charged version) Actually stuns like Brawl i think
its definitely not like PM ZSS's stun gun

Fully Charged is the same tho
Thanks for pointing this out. I'll be fixing this in the patch as well. I'm really glad a lot of you are pointing out some of the inconsistencies. It really helps me a lot and I should be able to fix most of them for the patch.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Thank you so much for all the work you've been putting in to Kirby so far / are putting towards the patch. It might be a little sad to see Brawl Meta Knight's tornado leave us, but I think we can live :p

EDIT: I know this probably belongs in a different thread, but, any chance we can get Kirby's Cutter-Dash while on the ground, too?

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Thanks for pointing this out. I'll be fixing this in the patch as well. I'm really glad a lot of you are pointing out some of the inconsistencies. It really helps me a lot and I should be able to fix most of them for the patch.

There wouldn't be any way that the patch would come out after Jan 5, would there?

Uh, no reason.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
So I'm curious, what do Kirby mains think about Kirby getting different B moves from other characters now that he has a couple non special moves? I realize the current implemented options were most likely the best for the few odd ones, but I think it'd be interested if he grabbed different moves for other people too.

Kirby with Shine though?

Ginge

Smash Ace
Kirby with Shine though?

:rolleyes: Cause that's fair. I wouldn't complain, but come on.

I'd be okay with giving him different abilities for certain characters. Just a matter of the coding part by PMBR, and I'm not sure how likely that is to be changed. Any suggestions of copy abilities people don't use / would want replaced?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Kirby has so many unused powers that a complimentary representative is nearly necessary. I suppose this could also be said for Mario (Toad), and Link (Kafei/Masked Link/Classic Link/Skyward Link/Third Link, etc.). The sad truth is, there are great abilities from the currently represented series just not seen in Smash. Kirby on the other hand has bountiful trophies showcasing what he could do, but reflects none in his moveset. Kirby has a great moveset though, so it may not be wise to tamper with it. These unused powers? This is what Bandana Dee can be.

Edit: whoops, off topic.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
:rolleyes: Cause that's fair. I wouldn't complain, but come on.

I'd be okay with giving him different abilities for certain characters. Just a matter of the coding part by PMBR, and I'm not sure how likely that is to be changed. Any suggestions of copy abilities people don't use / would want replaced?
This is kind of different but I want them to do what they did with Roy`s copy ability to some of the others (Marth, Ike, Ice Climbers, etc.). I know they did it due to technical limitations, but I think it would be awesome to have the cutter sword for Ike`s and Marth`s copy abilities and the hammer for the Ice Climbers` ability.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
This is kind of different but I want them to do what they did with Roy`s copy ability to some of the others (Marth, Ike, Ice Climbers, etc.). I know they did it due to technical limitations, but I think it would be awesome to have the cutter sword for Ike`s and Marth`s copy abilities and the hammer for the Ice Climbers` ability.
This is great. Roy's Cutter sword was a limitation, but I support an intentional change for Marth's and Ike's powers to match it.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Added a tidbit about Pit's Arrows not stalling Kirby in the air when Kirby uses them.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
I found another glitch with Kirby's Samus hat. If Kirby fires a fully charged shot as he touches the ground, it will actually fire a non charged shot.

MaxThunder

PM Support
when copying ike it seems kirby has the vbrawl super armor on eruption... at least i was able to power through ike's f-smash with it...

MaxThunder

PM Support
wasn't his armor removed or changed or something?..
i'm pretty sure it was at least changed to not have lots of super armor starting when you stop charging it but kirby seems to still work like that...

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lot's of changes made to Kirby hats in 3.01

-Falco Kirby hat graphical effect and sound effect play on the proper frame
-Ice Climbers Kirby hat aerial mobility and momentum matched to ICs Neutral B and hammer hit has been added
-Ike Kirby hat armor matches Ike
-Jigglypuff Kirby hat keeps Kirby's jumps after being used
-Lucario Kirby hat properly stores the Aura Sphere charge when canceling it
-Meta Knight Kirby hat matches the duration of Meta Knight's Tornado
-Mr. Game and Watch Kirby hat doesn't fire bacon rapidly anymore, matches Game and Watch's Neutral B
-Pit Kirby hat arrow speed and control match Pit
-Sonic Kirby hat bounces off of foes correctly
-Yoshi Kirby hat cannot grab from behind anymore
-Samus Kirby hat stores charge properly when firing from the air to the ground and goes into the proper cancel animation with the proper cancel duration. Hitbox also matches Samus'
-Sheik Kirby hat glow displays properly, needle sound effect fixed, and cancel works with light press
-Wolf Kirby hat hitbox and duration match Wolf's lasers
-Zero Suit Samus hat blaster shot sound effect stays out for the proper duration. Animation fixed and the uncharged blaster works like Zero Suit Samus' uncharged blaster

I'm going to miss having Brawl Meta Knight's tornado though haha

Top Bottom