• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The many flavors of Princess, Daisy and Peach Differences.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Can you confirm a bit more stuff on dair?
-How is the knockback power of Dair? Is it Sm4sh equivalent? Or is it like Brawl or Melee where there is very little knockback at all, leading to things like double dair within the same float? (at low percentages)
-Is the launch trajectory on the final hit of Peach/Daisy's Dair set or does it still launch leftish or rightish depending on which side the enemy is in comparison to her heel? (like in Smash 4)

Last edited:

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Disappointed there are seemingly no big differences between the two, but I am still hopeful there will be SOMETHING. Maybe it will come down to something not immediately obvious like slight hurtbox/hitbox differences or turnip RNG.

They look great either way; I'm hoping their insane combos get Sakurai's approval and avoid nerfs. =)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Can you confirm a bit more stuff on dair?
-How is the knockback power of Dair? Is it Sm4sh equivalent? Or is it like Brawl or Melee where there is very little knockback at all, leading to things like double dair within the same float? (at low percentages)
-Is the launch trajectory on the final hit of Peach/Daisy's Dair set or does it still launch leftish or rightish depending on which side the enemy is in comparison to her heel? (like in Smash 4)
1. More like Smash4 but its a bit different. Its hard to follow up with Fair at mid percent sometimes, I believe its meant to combo into Bomber but Im not sure. We'll have to lab it a bit.

2. Same as Smash4, it will send left or right depending on which side the opponent is in.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
A good friend of mine made a comparison and it turns out Daisy's bomber is faster than Peach's, Daisy's last few miliseconds less than Peach's, I have few videos but I can't post them here because they are too big, I will try to post them somewhere else.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A good friend of mine made a comparison and it turns out Daisy's bomber is faster than Peach's, Daisy's last few miliseconds less than Peach's, I have few videos but I can't post them here because they are too big, I will try to post them somewhere else.
What part last less? The start up, active or cooldown frames?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Make sure to compare with both on the ground or both in the air, because grounded side-b has less startup.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
The comparison was made between the ground version of their side B, the startup is faster on Daisy but we are talking about one or two frames at best.
The video was x0,10 speed and the Bomber lasted 3:15 seconds for Daisy and 4:08 seconds for Peach not including ending lag so the difference is pretty small.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The comparison was made between the ground version of their side B, the startup is faster on Daisy but we are talking about one or two frames at best.
The video was x0,10 speed and the Bomber lasted 3:15 seconds for Daisy and 4:08 seconds for Peach not including ending lag so the difference is pretty small.
Ok, that's neat in that case. Even if small, it means there might actually be little differences between them :)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Found a difference. Peach is unlocked after zero suit samus but Daisy is unlocked after falco, in classic mode. So far that's the only thing I know for a fact.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
So now that the game is out we can make a side-to-side comparison to find out which differences Peach and Daisy have.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
here's one per the game..lol. notice peach bomber is different but everything else is described the same.
View attachment 182061

View attachment 182062
Hm... now that I look at it, the hitbox for the bomber might be different, can you see the orange light is all around Daisy while Peach only shows it on the left side? Can someone verify this?

EDIT: This might be just aesthetic tho.
Did anyone else spot any difference yet?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If I'm reading between the lines right, Daisy Bomber is quicker on start-up but has more end-lag

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though there's one difference that needs testing, and that's if Daisy's slightly smaller size is reflected in her hurtbox.

Not sure how to go about that though.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Guys, all the moves with hearts and flowers might have a different hitbox, as you can see here they have a different size (Peach's heart is long 6,5 squares while Daisy's flower is long 9,5 squares) can someone test this? I'd like to do it by myself but I don't own the game yet...
Screenshot_2018-12-09-03-32-48.png Screenshot_2018-12-09-03-33-35.png
If there's a difference it might also apply to Baerial and Up tilt.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm suprised no one's found a way to make the hit/hurtboxes visible yet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
isn't it a bit too early to expect a mod like that.
Usually one of the first ones found, right after the ones that make online play a nightmare and before the ones that let you swap models.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Finally I did it! I found the first difference between Peach and Daisy:
https://youtu.be/Zh5tHrlMXq0
0:32 Daisy's golf club has less range compared to Peach's, this is a nerf... but it means there must be at least one buff somewhere. I'll try my best to find it.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
i think the only reason peach's golf club connected is because of hurtbox contortions. see the following:

https://i.imgur.com/v6k83MB.png peach is in her windup and thus farther away
https://i.imgur.com/bitSYRo.png daisy is on her swing follow through and thus closer

i could be wrong though. might test it at home later
Oh... yeah that might be true...

EDIT: If you have time can you test if Daisy has a shorter hurtbox due to her height and if moves with flowers and hearts such as Up Smash or Bair have a different hitbox? That would be really helpful.

Last edited:

claystate

Smash Rookie
i'm not sure how to test for those...trust me, i want to know too :(

for fsmash, i was just going to recreate the situation you highlighted, while making sure that the fsmash recipients stay in idle animation, and see if there's a difference. not sure if there's a similar setup for hurtbox comparisons, upattacks, or aerials. even with the fsmash setup, results might not be consistent

might be worth waiting for a datamined comparison. for now, from playing the game, i really don't think there's any differences anywhere

Last edited:

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
Ok so I found this guy on twitter and he has been comparing some Peach and Daisy attacks and...

They have differences!!!... only in reach tho, and that's likely due to them having a different hurtbox:

https://twitter.com/kaijusanMk_2/status/1071503280730071040
https://twitter.com/kaijusanMk_2/status/1071748387869876224
https://twitter.com/kaijusanMk_2/status/1071771483523833857

Still, it's something. Will it barely matter? Yes, but at least they aren't literal copycats.

In fact Samsora said a few days ago on twitter that he wasn't comfortable with Daisy because he felt that she had less "reach" Turns out he was right after all.

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Ok so I found this guy on twitter and he has been comparing some Peach and Daisy attacks and...

They have differences!!!... only in reach tho, and that's likely due to them having a different hurtbox:

Still, it's something. Will it barely matter? Yes, but at least they aren't literal copycats.

In fact Samsora said a few days ago on twitter that he wasn't comfortable with Daisy because he felt that she had less "reach" Turns out he was right after all.
Ok, now THAT'S what we needed. Thank you for this information!
Having minor gameplay differences was predictable, pretty sure no one was expecting to see major changes from any Echo fighter aside Chrom and Ken.

Last edited:

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus

i don't trust that jab test. it seems it only hit because daisy's hand was their. daisy's bair looks like a animation glitch since the daisy doesn't move along with her.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Was recently looking for differences between echo fighter characters and who they echo, and was especially intrigued by Peach and Daisy. Admittedly, I haven't played either of them much and never quite got the hang of Peach in prior games, but I've tried them some and wanted to know what advantages or disadvantages one had over the other. Skimming this thread, I didn't see that anyone had labbed how their height differences affect their hurtbox. So I ran a few crude tests with some screencaps I can share at the end.

To start with, their height differences aren't as significant as they might appear due to Peach's taller crown. Using the training area's grid system, that we'll assume is metric, here's what I found...

- Daisy's height to the top of her head is 160 to 165 centimeters. Occasionally she can appear taller during idle animations, but that's her general height. Using the green invincibility highlight after an SD, which has been said to actually show a character's hurtbox (and if we assume it does)... her hurtbox height is between 162.5 and 167.5 centimeters. Basically the top of the hurtbox seems to be about a quarter of a decimeter or 2.5 centimeters above the top of her head, bisecting in half her crown jewels visually.

- Peach moves a lot less than Daisy at a standstill and her height appears to be a more static 166 to 167 centimeters. Using the same method to view the supposed hurtbox area on Peach, it can be seen that the green area at it's highest point is also about 2.5 centimeters above her head. Again, this happens to bisect the crown jewels visually on her taller crown. Which is to say, her hurtbox appears to be nearly 170 centimeters tall.

TL;DR - Peach is taller visually, and assuming the invincibility display shows the hurtbox, that height is proportional. So in theory, Daisy's marginally shorter hurtbox should mean that she should duck under hitboxes that hit Peach by just a literal hair.

And yet after repeated testing, I've had a hell of a time trying to hit Peach with something that wouldn't hit Daisy too. First of all, it's hard to control an attack that precisely. And secondly, Peach and Daisy are on average less than half a grid width in height difference and can be nearly the same height depending on what their standing animation has them doing, not even including special idle animations. Even if they were always half a grid width in height difference, that would still be a hard window to hit.

Even so, I repeated my tests a few times and as far as I can tell... they're effectively the same height. That's my conclusion and I'll share my evidence in just a sec.

First to explain the test. I decided to use Falco's lasers since they're narrow and fly perfectly straight. The best I could manage was shooting at half grid intervals, or intervals of 5 cm. For instance, a laser shot at 220 cm, 215 cm, 210 cm, etc going down until I hit my target. I could not seem to hit quarters or 2.5 cm increments so already that could be the difference between hitting Peach but not hitting Daisy. I used the narrow tail end of the laser to more precisely determine it's height since the laser itself is more than 10 centimeters thick at it's thickest point. Anyways, shooting 5 cm lower each time, I "sparked" Peach and Daisy at the same time with a glancing blow. Here's the evidence...

smash bros peach height hurtbox test.png
smash bros daisy height hurtbox test.png

Excuse the low res, this was done in handheld.

Anyways, using the meter markers and counting the mark just above the bottom of the platform as "0", both Peach and Daisy had a glancing blow effect from a laser shot at a height of 2.05 meters (205 centimeters). At 210 there was no spark effect and at 200 they both took a laser hit. The platform effectively adds 25 cm to Peach and Daisy's height from the 0 line, so at ground level this is a height of 180 centimeters for the glancing blow effect, 185 to clean miss, and 175 to hit them.

In the screencaps, you can see that the top of Daisy's head (or rather hair) is just below a grey line marking 190 cm. The line is never obstructed by her hair but is kinda sitting right on top of her head. Peach, on the other hand, has her hair obstructing this same 190 cm line. Top of her hair seems to be about 192 cm maybe. The difference in Peach and Daisy's heights in this instance looks to be about 2.5 cm or maybe just within that, tho both their hurtboxes activated a glancing blow. I can only conclude that the laser hitbox doesn't bother with calculating below 2.5 cm differences and just hits anything within a window that size, or the supposed hurtboxes seen during an invincibility display aren't that accurate to the true hurtbox space... perhaps a bit of both.

In any case, this was always going to be a very marginal difference but it seems perhaps too marginal to make any difference really. But it was a fun experiment and I'm happy to share it and talk overly much and overly seemingly seriously about it, heh.

Btw, for anyone interested, I have screencaps of the appearance of their supposed hurtboxes using the invincibility display too. I just chose not to share them here since they're easy enough to witness on your own. Simply turn on the invincibility display, frame by frame speed, and then SD and jump from the platform in time to see your hurtbox while your character is standing upright post-landing animation. Full zoom helps too if you want to see the details of the space it contains. Again, assuming this does represent the hurtbox. I'm trusting in what I've read and heard about this trick.

Conti

Smash Ace
Was recently looking for differences between echo fighter characters and who they echo, and was especially intrigued by Peach and Daisy. Admittedly, I haven't played either of them much and never quite got the hang of Peach in prior games, but I've tried them some and wanted to know what advantages or disadvantages one had over the other. Skimming this thread, I didn't see that anyone had labbed how their height differences affect their hurtbox. So I ran a few crude tests with some screencaps I can share at the end.

To start with, their height differences aren't as significant as they might appear due to Peach's taller crown. Using the training area's grid system, that we'll assume is metric, here's what I found...

- Daisy's height to the top of her head is 160 to 165 centimeters. Occasionally she can appear taller during idle animations, but that's her general height. Using the green invincibility highlight after an SD, which has been said to actually show a character's hurtbox (and if we assume it does)... her hurtbox height is between 162.5 and 167.5 centimeters. Basically the top of the hurtbox seems to be about a quarter of a decimeter or 2.5 centimeters above the top of her head, bisecting in half her crown jewels visually.

- Peach moves a lot less than Daisy at a standstill and her height appears to be a more static 166 to 167 centimeters. Using the same method to view the supposed hurtbox area on Peach, it can be seen that the green area at it's highest point is also about 2.5 centimeters above her head. Again, this happens to bisect the crown jewels visually on her taller crown. Which is to say, her hurtbox appears to be nearly 170 centimeters tall.

TL;DR - Peach is taller visually, and assuming the invincibility display shows the hurtbox, that height is proportional. So in theory, Daisy's marginally shorter hurtbox should mean that she should duck under hitboxes that hit Peach by just a literal hair.

And yet after repeated testing, I've had a hell of a time trying to hit Peach with something that wouldn't hit Daisy too. First of all, it's hard to control an attack that precisely. And secondly, Peach and Daisy are on average less than half a grid width in height difference and can be nearly the same height depending on what their standing animation has them doing, not even including special idle animations. Even if they were always half a grid width in height difference, that would still be a hard window to hit.

Even so, I repeated my tests a few times and as far as I can tell... they're effectively the same height. That's my conclusion and I'll share my evidence in just a sec.

First to explain the test. I decided to use Falco's lasers since they're narrow and fly perfectly straight. The best I could manage was shooting at half grid intervals, or intervals of 5 cm. For instance, a laser shot at 220 cm, 215 cm, 210 cm, etc going down until I hit my target. I could not seem to hit quarters or 2.5 cm increments so already that could be the difference between hitting Peach but not hitting Daisy. I used the narrow tail end of the laser to more precisely determine it's height since the laser itself is more than 10 centimeters thick at it's thickest point. Anyways, shooting 5 cm lower each time, I "sparked" Peach and Daisy at the same time with a glancing blow. Here's the evidence...

View attachment 183394View attachment 183395

Excuse the low res, this was done in handheld.

Anyways, using the meter markers and counting the mark just above the bottom of the platform as "0", both Peach and Daisy had a glancing blow effect from a laser shot at a height of 2.05 meters (205 centimeters). At 210 there was no spark effect and at 200 they both took a laser hit. The platform effectively adds 25 cm to Peach and Daisy's height from the 0 line, so at ground level this is a height of 180 centimeters for the glancing blow effect, 185 to clean miss, and 175 to hit them.

In the screencaps, you can see that the top of Daisy's head (or rather hair) is just below a grey line marking 190 cm. The line is never obstructed by her hair but is kinda sitting right on top of her head. Peach, on the other hand, has her hair obstructing this same 190 cm line. Top of her hair seems to be about 192 cm maybe. The difference in Peach and Daisy's heights in this instance looks to be about 2.5 cm or maybe just within that, tho both their hurtboxes activated a glancing blow. I can only conclude that the laser hitbox doesn't bother with calculating below 2.5 cm differences and just hits anything within a window that size, or the supposed hurtboxes seen during an invincibility display aren't that accurate to the true hurtbox space... perhaps a bit of both.

In any case, this was always going to be a very marginal difference but it seems perhaps too marginal to make any difference really. But it was a fun experiment and I'm happy to share it and talk overly much and overly seemingly seriously about it, heh.

Btw, for anyone interested, I have screencaps of the appearance of their supposed hurtboxes using the invincibility display too. I just chose not to share them here since they're easy enough to witness on your own. Simply turn on the invincibility display, frame by frame speed, and then SD and jump from the platform in time to see your hurtbox while your character is standing upright post-landing animation. Full zoom helps too if you want to see the details of the space it contains. Again, assuming this does represent the hurtbox. I'm trusting in what I've read and heard about this trick.
Intense stuff. So shes is slightly taller by a hair. [and people were saying this effects their hitboxs slightly?]

Could you look into the frame Data on SideB? Im bad with this stuff and would like to know like the startup, active frames, endlag, hitboxes, because after seeing that screenshot I feel like maybe SideB is their main difference [other then this height stuff yall found] and it's just very minor.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Someone made a video about few echoes, while showcasing Daisy he said her vegetable occasionally does more damage and her forward tilt has more damage (description).

https://youtu.be/tRg8tkp4ULY

Unfortunately I lost my Ultimate copy and I can't test it, if someone else can check it that would be great.

Note: This test was made with the 1.2.1 patch.

EDIT: Time stamp for Peach/Daisy 17:00

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Someone made a video about few echoes, while showcasing Daisy he said her vegetable occasionally does more damage and her forward tilt has more damage (description).

https://youtu.be/tRg8tkp4ULY

Unfortunately I lost my Ultimate copy and I can't test it, if someone else can check it that would be great.

Note: This test was made with the 1.2.1 patch.

EDIT: Time stamp for Peach/Daisy 17:00
Sorry to say it, but...

Turnip actually does more damage the longer it's airborne. A difference of 12% and 12.2% means nothing but that Daisy's turnip was in the air for a few more frames that Peach's.

As for Forward tilt, there are three hitboxes. Two of them deal 7% (8.4% in a 1v1), and one deals 8% (9.6% in a 1v1). Daisy got the 8% hitbox in that video, Peach got the 7%. They still have no differences... But I really, really hope Daisy gets some love in future patches. Just feels wrong that she's the most similar out of all possible echoes.

I will leave this post with one wish of mine. Give Peach and Daisy the F-Throw SLAP back. Toad's headbutt just rubs me the wrong way, and the slap noise is so satisfying! Now that it's only on her jab (An undeniably bad move), I'll rarely hear it.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, next possible difference:

https://mobile.twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1083225297917493249

Somebody know which ones? Because I really don't lol.
Kind of annoying that Mizumi didn't actually include the differences... Even if it's unknown exactly what they do. Comparing Peach/Daisy's params might help some stuff, I dunno.

Either way, my best guess is hurtbox changes. I've heard rumors that Up Tilt has bigger hitboxes for Daisy, that her Side B vocalization is faster (she just says her Side B line before Peach does, pretty much), that Down Smash is weaker (I tested it, and it kills at 134% for Peach, 136% on Daisy, both fully charged, training mode, against Bowser at his FD spawnpoint, though this may just be placebo and I accidentally pushed him forward when using Peach. Take this with a grain of salt), etc. I don't really believe any of these, even after my own testing. The tests created such similar data that it's barely even relevant.

I personally just think that Daisy's hurtboxes are slightly smaller. Could be something as simple as her head, body, lower body, and two leg hurtboxes (5 hurtboxes, 5 params) are slightly shorter. That seems the most likely to me, at least.

Oh, another fun fact! At the end of Peach's Final Smash, she does a little animation where she blows a kiss, with a heart effect. So you'd think that Daisy would either a) Do something different, maybe pump her arms, or b) Produce a flower effect instead. Turns out, it's neither! She still blows a kiss, still produces a heart. This is more of an "Eh" thing for me, I'm kinda coming to terms with Daisy being a Meh Echo. I'll still play her.

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Kind of annoying that Mizumi didn't actually include the differences... Even if it's unknown exactly what they do. Comparing Peach/Daisy's params might help some stuff, I dunno.

Either way, my best guess is hurtbox changes. I've heard rumors that Up Tilt has bigger hitboxes for Daisy, that her Side B vocalization is faster (she just says her Side B line before Peach does, pretty much), that Down Smash is weaker (I tested it, and it kills at 134% for Peach, 136% on Daisy, both fully charged, training mode, against Bowser at his FD spawnpoint, though this may just be placebo and I accidentally pushed him forward when using Peach. Take this with a grain of salt), etc. I don't really believe any of these, even after my own testing. The tests created such similar data that it's barely even relevant.

I personally just think that Daisy's hurtboxes are slightly smaller. Could be something as simple as her head, body, lower body, and two leg hurtboxes (5 hurtboxes, 5 params) are slightly shorter. That seems the most likely to me, at least.
I don't think so, because the hurtbox changes are unintentional, if so, not present in the game files. At this point, all we have to do is keep testing until we find something. It would acutally make sense if it's not the hurtbox but an intentional change instead, there is a reason why she is a echo fighter and not an alt, right? Because aesthetic can't give a different slot to a character with an identical moveset.

Yes I've heard of all of these changes. Side B is identical for what I know. Down Smash may kill later but we need more testing.

More differences I recently see people speculating about are Daisy's Toad being slower and Up Tilt having acutally less vertical range but more horizontal range, Daisy Bomber can destroy the shield faster, parasol has a different knockback when you hit it after it's open and turnips having different frequency, the most likely one seems to be the last one.

Last edited:

claystate

Smash Rookie
changes should affect the data (and thus game files) whether or not they're intentional...

i really like the theory of the 5 params being the 5 hurtboxes. would make sense if hitboxes are coded relative to hurtboxes, which propagates to hitboxes having slight differences

so far the main differences ive 'felt' are in trying to do training mode combos (again, probably all placebo ~_~)

example: when i turn on staling and do nair > dtilt > dragdown uair vs 0% yoshi, i unintentionally crossup yoshi after the uair much more often than i do with peach...could be a consequence of differences in character size somehow?

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
changes should affect the data (and thus game files) whether or not they're intentional...

i really like the theory of the 5 params being the 5 hurtboxes. would make sense if hitboxes are coded relative to hurtboxes, which propagates to hitboxes having slight differences

so far the main differences ive 'felt' are in trying to do training mode combos (again, probably all placebo ~_~)

example: when i turn on staling and do nair > dtilt > dragdown uair vs 0% yoshi, i unintentionally crossup yoshi after the uair much more often than i do with peach...could be a consequence of differences in character size somehow?
Not sure about that but if that's the case, what are those? We already know Daisy has a different hurtbox for her idle, running, run reversing and floating, what's the last one? (Maybe the jumping I've seen someone saying it changes a bit).

The combo part is interesting, did you find any other example?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well a more definitive difference has finally been spotted.

Daisy has Peach's Vegtable Knockback values from Brawl and 4.

At least puts her on Par with Richter who's difference may be a glitch

Top Bottom