• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The many flavors of Princess, Daisy and Peach Differences.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Reading the paisy dichord they have done a lot of testing and can't find any differences.

Essentially the difference is that peach is a little taller
Is her hitbox any smaller or just the model?

Even if there's no real differences, I see no reason to use Peach over Daisy.
Why use the generic Melee weapon in TF2 when you have the Frying Pan?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That can't be totally right.. Sakurai gave the reason that Isabelle was taller than villager as a reason she couldnt be an echo.

I would still think there's differences, and that they havent been found. But thanks for the take from the discord. Well, I wonder what's the deal :O
It could very well be that Daisy was made an echo entirely for her personality, and they couldn't justify making any major changes to the moveset to add to playtesting.

She could very well be the equivalent of an Injustice 2 costume.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It could very well be that Daisy was made an echo entirely for her personality, and they couldn't justify making any major changes to the moveset to add to playtesting.

I suppose that's possible. It wouldn't be too big of a deal, I'd use both. I'd still like some differences :)
I still feel like they could be a bit different. Time will tell for sure..

Last edited:

GhostYB

Smash Apprentice

you're onto somethin there.. besides i can't think of anything significant that would change anyways probably other than the different items for her fsmash

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but Daisy's Upsmash is not the same as Peach's. It does 14% on standing opponent and only 18% on the top. Peach's does 18% on standing. 14% for most anti-air angles and 20% on the heart sweetspot.

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but Daisy's Upsmash is not the same as Peach's. It does 14% on standing opponent and only 18% on the top. Peach's does 18% on standing. 14% for most anti-air angles and 20% on the heart sweetspot.
you have the game?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If that's true, that'd be the first difference someone could actually tell us here lol.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yes, but that's off-topic.
Do you need anything specific tested regardign their differences? That was all I could find besides the sideB. Though there might be something going on with the turnip ratios.
Can you talk about the side-b then?
Also, if you find anything else, let us know :)

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
Yes, but that's off-topic.
Do you need anything specific tested regardign their differences? That was all I could find besides the sideB. Though there might be something going on with the turnip ratios.
if you've already checked the damage and sweet spots how about the fall speed and air speed.

Last edited:

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Can you talk about the side-b then?
Also, if you find anything else, let us know :)
Startups a lot faster than Peach's and deals 14.4%. KOes Mario at 105% on omega ledge in training. It has no sourspot and has a downwards angle so it's better on the air, specially when hovering right off the ground. The landing lag is horrible so watch out.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Startups a lot faster than Peach's and deals 14.4%. KOes Mario at 105% on omega ledge in training. It has no sourspot and has a downwards angle so it's better on the air, specially when hovering right off the ground. The landing lag is horrible so watch out.

Thanks. just to make sure tho, you do know startup is faster on the ground right? That would make a difference in testing.
So youre saying side b for daisy has no sourspot and peach does?

Last edited:

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Their jump speed and FF speed seems the same, but it's tough to tell with the naked eye. Dash attack and all aerials look identical to me. Fsmash and Dsmash do the same damage. Dtilt spikes the same way.... Uptilt is identical. Sorry, not finding much.

After trying peach's sideB a bit: They are a lot more similar than I thought. Maybe it is the same move after all...

Last edited:

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
Their jump speed and FF speed seems the same, but it's tough to tell with the naked eye. Dash attack and all aerials look identical to me. Fsmash and Dsmash do the same damage. Dtilt spikes the same way.... Uptilt is identical. Sorry, not finding much.

After trying peach's sideB a bit: They are a lot more similar than I thought. Maybe it is the same move after all...
peach's is probably weaker is daisy has the weaker up smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

you're onto somethin there.. besides i can't think of anything significant that would change anyways probably other than the different items for her fsmash
That is good news to me, so there's hope that she'll get the :ultluigi: treatment someday.

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
Yes, I cna get a video of this if needed. Only the sideways hitboxes are weaker and it's stronger against enemies above you except for the absolute sweetspot, where Peach's wins again.
she must have better turnip odds then.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
she must have better turnip odds then.
I actually tried this a while ago with Peach. It did not spike them at close or far distance. Don't think it's possible. I have no idea why it actually spikes them on-stage. I wonder if it works on enemies jumping near the ledge (not grabbing it).

EDIT: It doesn't spike aerial opponents either, only standing.

Last edited:

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
I actually tried this a while ago with Peach. It did not spike them at close or far distance. Don't think it's possible. I have no idea why it actually spikes them on-stage. I wonder if it works on enemies jumping near the ledge (not grabbing it).
maybe the day one patch will change something.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces

EDIT: It doesn't spike aerial opponents either, only standing.
Thanks for checking. My theory is that the move just sends you up and isn't a spike. The new rules of not teching might apply to any grounded "send up launching move" and not just spikes.

Last edited:

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for checking. My theory is that the move just sends you up and isn't a spike. The new rules of not teching might apply to any grounded "send up launching move" and not just spikes.
It makes the unique spike sound effect! Can't be teched anyways. Think this gives it more hitstun.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
what about the other new echo's besides ken are there any differences.
There's just Richter and Dark Samus. We already know Chrom is the lucina of roy, besides up-b.

I have trouble thinking that up-smash is the only difference between peach and daisy. There's gotta be a few little things, at least.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
what about the other new echo's besides ken are there any differences.
Go to their respective threads, I've talked about Ken and Chrom already. Haven't tried Dark Samus though.

There's just Richter and Dark Samus. We already know Chrom is the lucina of roy, besides up-b.

I have trouble thinking that up-smash is the only difference between peach and daisy. There's gotta be a few little things, at least.
There is probably a difference with the turnips, but it's hard to test. Someone told me Daisy pulls the turnip faster but I haven't confirmed it. From pulling about 30 turnips on each princess, I got more of the powerful =.= faced ones with Peach, but doubt this is a good enough sample.

I did test neutral B, and it seems to be the same. I also tested upB recovery height to the same conclusion. Turnips have same damage and throw distance.
There might still be something about the sideB being different though!

EDIT: It's rude to ask a lady their weight. But I just tested this anyways. Both Peach and Daisy are KOed at the exact same percents off the side or off the top.

Last edited:

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
Would anyone mind sharing a new link to the discord? The one above is now invalid.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
One thing that I'm wondering... is this height difference between the two big enough to matter?

https://i.imgur.com/SUtGoRH.jpg

if it is I think Peach will overshadow Daisy because less range on fair hurts a lot
I doubt it makes any difference whatsoever. We dont even know for sure if fair is affected much at all, too.
Daisy is plenty good regardless :D I'm not concerned. Still looking to see if there's other differences, too.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So the only differences found are Usmash, sideB and two pixels in height.

That doesn't seem like a lot, but I think it's more than Dark Pit got in Smash 4. So it's fully possible that's everything.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
I doubt it makes any difference whatsoever. We dont even know for sure if fair is affected much at all, too.
Daisy is plenty good regardless :D I'm not concerned. Still looking to see if there's other differences, too.
rip, I just wanted Daisy to have her own tier list spot but that won't be the case most likely. Still, they nailed it the height difference and that's what matters.

All in all, can't say I'm unhappy with Daisy's representation in this game. But I hope there is something to make the two of them stand out from each other like Ken and Ryu. The upsmash is a good start at least

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So the only differences found are Usmash, sideB and two pixels in height.

That doesn't seem like a lot, but I think it's more than Dark Pit got in Smash 4. So it's fully possible that's everything.
I'll still hold out for more :)
But, I mean, dark pit's b moves at least have big enough differences. We're not even sure side b is different now :p

rip, I just wanted Daisy to have her own tier list spot but that won't be the case most likely. Still, they nailed it the height difference and that's what matters.

All in all, can't say I'm unhappy with Daisy's representation in this game. But I hope there is something to make the two of them stand out from each other like Ken and Ryu. The upsmash is a good start at least
Well, doesnt bother me if more people use peach, that'll make using daisy that much special ;p
I'm glad with the representation too. I'm hoping for differences to set daisy apart too, but I also dont need it :)

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Yes, I cna get a video of this if needed. Only the sideways hitboxes are weaker and it's stronger against enemies above you except for the absolute sweetspot, where Peach's wins again.
I would like to see a video to be honest. Its not that I dont beleive you (Usmash hitboxes did seem weird) but I would like to see directly how they're different.

SideB didnt seem different to me though but if you have footage that it is, I stand corrected lol.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
This is the greatest. Also the discord's invite I think is up do you mind sharing it one more time. I need to learn as much as possible for both characters.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Having played the game, I will to deconfirm the Usmash change.

The hitboxed are the same, with the sourspot doing around 14% and the sweetspot doing around 18% and 20% for both characters.

Whatever difference they may have, its going to be really small, its likely neglegible.

Top Bottom