• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Man That Will End the Mishima Bloodline! - Jin Kazama for Smash Ultimate DLC

Artix

Smash Journeyman
jin_character_showcase copy.png

Jin Readies for the Next Battle!

Who is Jin Kazama?
Jin Kazama is one of the main characters of the Tekken series. He first appeared in Tekken 3 and has appeared in subsequent Tekken games ever since. He's the son of Jun Kazama and Kazuya Mishima, as well as the grandson of Heihachi Mishima.

The story of Jin Kazama begins in Tekken 3 where he tries to find his mother, whom he thought was gone missing. There, he encounters the mysterious being, named Ogre and he managed to survive from him. After that encounter, under her mother's wishes, Jin decides to find his grandfather, Heihachi Mishima, and trained under him with the intention of killing Ogre. After four years of training under Heihachi, he was finally ready and joins the 3rd King of Iron Fist Tournament.

After managing to win through the tournament, he eventually encounters Ogre once again and this time, he emerged victorious. However, he was suddenly gunned down by the Tekken Force, led by Heihachi. It turns out that Heihachi was just using Jin to lure Ogre out in order to capture him. He then pulls out a gun and shoot him in the head, ending his life...or is it?

It turns out that Jin actually has the Devil Gene inside him, just like his father and he transforms into Devil Jin. He then flies off after beating Heihachi up and ever since that encounter, he has grown to hate the Mishimas, to the point of ending the bloodline that cursed him. But that didn't stop him from entering the subsequent King of Iron Fist tournaments and at the end of Tekken 5, he managed to beat his great-grandfather, Jinpachi Mishima, and became the new CEO of Mishima Zaibatsu.

Why he should be in Smash?
Well, first and foremost, with the inclusion of Ryu in Smash, I think it's about time that another character from a fighting game franchise should be in Ultimate. Second, Bandai Namco will once again be the developers of Smash Ultimate and the fact that Capcom, Sega and Konami have more than one character in Ultimate, so it's about time that Namco should get a second fighter in.

Movesets:
Jin Kazama originally uses a combination of the Mishima Style Fighting Karate and the Kazama Style Traditional Martial Arts, but after the events of Tekken 3, he discarded them in favor of using a traditional karate. However, when he transforms into Devil Jin, he retains the former fighting style.
In Smash, he uses some of the moves from Tekken 4 onwards, as well as some moves from Street Fighter x Tekken.

Neutral Special: Penetrating Fist - One of his special moves from Street Fighter x Tekken. Jin punches the air and a red electric orb comes out in front of him. The move is chargeable and if you fully charged it, two orbs would come out. The orb will disappear for 5 seconds or if the opponents runs into it.

Side Special: Electric Wind Godfist - Jin dashes for a bit and then uses EWGF to propel the opponent upwards. The dash allows Jin to get past projectiles.

Up Special: Devil Wings - Jin suddenly sprouts wings on his back and propels himself upward. It's very similar to Pit and Dark Pit's Up Special and that it doesn't damage the opponent if they make contact with him.

Down Special: Mental Awareness - Jin's counter move. Jin poses for a bit and if he gets hit during that animation, Jin will strike back with a powerful move.

Final Smash: Devil Laser - Jin transforms into Devil Jin and fires the devastating Devil Laser into his opponents. It's like Zelda and Sheik's Final Smash from the previous game and that it's capable of hitting more than one opponent.

Like Cloud and Bayonetta, Jin will have two different costumes, each comes with four different colors referencing other Tekken characters.

The first costume is his Player 1 outfit from Tekken 3:
jin2.png

Color 1 = His default color in Tekken 3.
Color 2 = Based on the default color used in Tekken 5.
Color 3 = Based on his father, Kazuya Mishima.
Color 4 = Based on his grandfather, Heihachi Mishima

The second costume is the hoodie costume in Tekken 4, which served as his alternate costume in that game:
jin.png

Color 1 = His default color in Tekken 4.
Color 2 = Based on the new hoodie costume in Tekken 7.
Color 3 = Based on Ling Xiaoyu.
Color 4 = Based on Hwoarang.

Stage:
And what would a third-party character be without bringing their stage into Smash. As for Jin's stage, it has to be the Mishima Building from Tekken 7.
mishima building.png

Music:
Tekken has a ton of good music throughout the years. Here's the theme of Jin Kazama from Tekken 3:
Here are some other good Tekken musics:
♪ Burning [Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion]
♪ Devil Jin's Theme [Tekken 5]

♪ Opening Theme [Tekken Tag Tournament]
♪ Two Against Darkness [Tekken 6]
♪ Moonlit Wilderness [Tekken 5]

♪ Electric Fountain [Tekken 6]

I'll add other songs as I discover them.

Downsides:
While Jin is great and all to have in Smash Ultimate, I'm afraid he has to compete with his grandfather, Heihachi, for the spot and given that Heihachi's Mii Costume appeared in the previous game, it's most likely that Sakurai will pick him over Jin. Other Bandai Namco characters, such as Lloyd, who also had a Mii Costume in the previous game, might give him a hard time to get in as well.

But still, having Jin Kazama in the game would be great. Hell, if he does get in, then we can finally re-enact the Death Battle between him and Ryu.

Artix
toonito
Lupin Red
8-peacock-8
Aeon Lupin
DivineWrath45
Sysmek
PapillonXtreme
Knight Dude
DragonKent17

Last edited:

toonito

Smash Ace
if Sakurai still has difficulty with Heihachi's moveset Jin would be a dope Tekken rep

supports

Lupin Red

Smash Rookie
I fully support Jin to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

Heihachi may be the ideal choice for a Tekken rep, but his movesets are kinda hard to incorporate in Smash. Jin can pretty much use some of Devil Jin's moves and incorporate them as his own, kinda like how Simon burrowed some of Richter's moves.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I support both Jin and Heihachi. (And Kazuya)

Richter made it possible for there to be two characters from the same franchise and Jin’s most iconic role was in Tekken 3 where he used the Mishima style. No matter which ended up as an echo, the idea of both coming in with their family antics would be great. Plus having an anti hero and a villain would be awesome.

I should also point out the trouble was based on Tekken’s gameplay style in general. Not just Heihachi.

Last edited:

DivineWrath45

Smash Cadet
I support!

Jin is one of my favorite character in Tekken and he's been my main since Tekken 6. Personally, I believe he's more fitting than Heihachi because he can incorporate his Devil form in Smash, either as one of his specials or as his Final Smash.

I could see him having two different costumes, just like Cloud and Bayonetta: the first one is obviously the one where he's shirtless and the second one is his hoodie costume from either Tekken 7 or Tekken 4. (I pretty much prefer the Tekken 4 one honestly because that one looks cooler).

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
I definitely support this!

If Sakurai still has some trouble with Heihachi's moveset, then Jin would be the second choice for a Tekken rep as he's the secondary face of the series.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm gonna just say that I support this too. Heihachi's more likely but Jin's my main, so I'm rooting for him even more, though I'd like either of the two.

If you don't mind, I'm gonna post a few Tekken tracks that I also think should be in, whether it's Jin or Heihachi added in the game. You already added Jin's theme, so we're good there. But I do think multiple versions of the track would be nice. Like how Mega Man has the remix and original versions of the Wily Stage from MM2 on the Wily Castle stage or Ryu and Ken's themes have multiple versions on Suzaku Castle.

Nina William's Theme: Tekken 3

Eddy Gordo's Theme: Tekken 3

DragonKent17

Smash Rookie
I have my complete support. Even Tekken has Ties with Nintendo in the past like Tekken Advance for the GBA, Tekken 3D Prime Edition in 3DS and Tekken Tag Tag Tournament 2 ported to the Wii U.

I wanted Tekken getting the switch treatment by releasing ports of past games like Tekken 1, 2, 3, Tag Tournament 1, 4 and 5.

radiantswordsman

Smash Rookie
I support jin and kazuya to be echo fighters i love to see them against ryu

I believe that both jin and kazuya should be smash . after all they are one of the most notable and iconic fighters in the tekken franchise. Their move set are somewhat similar therefore making them echo fighters of each other

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
You definitely have my support I would love Jin in Smash. Even though Lee Chaolan is my favorite Tekken character, Jin is the more realistic one outside of Heihachi. And I prefer Jin over Heihachi, also it would be a nice change of pace to have Jin as the guest character instead of Heihachi. Heihachi was already a guest in Playstation All Stars and Soul Calibur. I feel its time for Jin to have a chance to shine now. Plus who wouldn't love to see a Jin vs Ryu match in Smash.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Well, with Joker's inclusion in Smash, I think Jin is more likely than ever.

He's definitely an unexpected character in Smash, probably more so than Heihachi. So, we're on the wild ride here, boys!

Let us keep supporting for our edgy boy to be in Smash as a DLC Fighter!

Last edited:

KHJason95

Smash Cadet
NNID
KHJason20
Switch FC
SW-4391-8530-5723
I want Jin Kazama as DLC! But can I say my opinion on who he should be voiced by? I don't like Patrick Seitz as his voice actor, no offense. I like Isshin Chiba and Brad Swaile.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Well, with Joker's inclusion in Smash, I think Jin is more likely than ever.

He's definitely an unexpected character in Smash, probably more so than Heihachi. So, we're on the wild ride here, boys!

Let us keep supporting for our edgy boy to be in Smash as a DLC Fighter!
I think Bandai Namco may push for Jin, now that Heihachi is dead story wise. It would make sense to push Jin as they are trying to make him the new face of Tekken like they did in Tekken 3. So I think Jin actually has a really good chance of making it in Smash. If Bandai Namco wants to solidify that Jin is the new face of Tekken.

Also Heihachi is part of Pacmans moveset as a sprite. This could mean nothing, or it could mean Bandai Namco has decided to pass on Heihachi.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
While Jin is great and all to have in Smash Ultimate, I'm afraid he has to compete with his grandfather, Heihachi, for the spot and given that Heihachi's Mii Costume appeared in the previous game, it's most likely that Sakurai will pick him over Jin.
Well for what it's worth, According to an interview Sakurai did on "Thoughts About Making Video Games 2", Heihachi was once considered as a playable character back in Sm4sh's development process, but had decided against it since his signature moves would've been too difficult to implement. So maybe he might choose someone else that'll be less complicated to create a moveset for, who knows?

Here's a link to where I've found this: https://www.ssbwiki.com/Unused_content_(SSB4)#Considered

Gamer-YTP

Smash Rookie
NNID
GTP376Number2
Joker's release made me think of something.

Jin could have a mechanic similar to Joker's Arsene, where over the course of the battle, Jin can transform into Devil Jin, giving a buff to his attacks and specials. However, unlike Joker, his meter is filled based on how many hits you land, and how hard they hit, instead of how behind you are, and it's not assisted via any special moves.

Yoyomom

Smash Rookie
I like this idea. Especially Half of Jin's costumes being his Tekken 3 design while the other half is his Tekken 4 design. Those are the designs he used in Project X Zone and Namco X Capcom respectively.

I think Jin should be in Smash bros because I see him as the Namco equivalent of Ryu. They both have superpowered evil sides, and they are their companies main representatives in Project X Zone.

The only thing I would do differently is have his down special be "Tag team", a counter that summons his grandfather Heihachi, but that wouldn't be fair to the people who still want him to be playable. And with the palette swap, Tag team wouldn't be necessary.

Would it be okay if I use this for my own Smash bros idea?

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
As a person who grew up with Tekken and Smash Bros, Count me in.
It has been a dream of mine for the longest time to have a Tekken character to join the roster and fight against Mario, Link, Ryu, etc.
and I think Jin would fit really well for that
I fully support Jin for Smash.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Count me in! I’d love to see a Tekken character join Smash! We also need a Tekken stage for Smash, with music from the Tekken series, both originals and new remixes!

Sh4d0wGaM3RDX

Smash Rookie
Hi.

I fully support Jin Kazama in Smash! I think it's about time that Bandai Namco gets a second fighter in Smash Ultimate and with the announcement of More DLC Fighters, I feel like we're getting a second fighter. Plus, who wouldn't want a third fighting game rep after Ryu (and Ken) and Terry?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Thing about Tekken is it swaps protagonists around a lot, especially for a fighting game.

First there was Kazuya who appeared to be a standard revenge story but turned out to be as bad, if not worse than his old man, then it switched to Jin who when fell off the slippery slope in 6, at which point it went to Lars Alexanderson.

Now as of Tekken 7 (wherein you could describe AKUMA as the hero), they seem to be setting Jin up for a redemption arc.

If Jin is going to be the main character of the next game, then it might be hihg time he got some crossover love.

Thisisaintaleak

Smash Rookie
Jin Kazama from Tekken 3 is gonna be joining the cast !

This is not a Leak, just ta confirmation I had from Someone I can't obviously tell the name

Additionally we will have Katsuhiro Harada Joining Sakurai over the Direct this day.

They will explain the reason they chose Jin Kazama over Heiachi Mishima or Kazuya Mishima

- Nintendo Direct on December the 19th ( Not the 17th )

- New Bayo Trailer

- Mewtwo Distribution for Pokémon Sword / Shield

- And the Announcement of the Next DLC Season Pass which will be made of 5 Characters without any music or stage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/supersmash...next_character_up_to_super_smash_bros_is_jin/

D

Deleted member

I recently asked this in a Heihachi thread but why not add Heihachi with Kazuya as his Echo along with Jin as his Alph? Although someone argued that Jin switching back his TEKKEN 3 moves feels out-of-character of him due to Jin switching his fighting style to spite his family.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I recently asked this in a Heihachi thread but why not add Heihachi with Kazuya as his Echo along with Jin as his Alph? Although someone argued that Jin switching back his TEKKEN 3 moves feels out-of-character of him due to Jin switching his fighting style to spite his family.
It's true, Jin would not go back to using Mishima Karate. Devil Jin on the other hand could work assuming Kazuya is using Devil abilities.

D

Deleted member

It's true, Jin would not go back to using Mishima Karate. Devil Jin on the other hand could work assuming Kazuya is using Devil abilities.
I was thinking more of Devil as a Final Smash. Also what does mean for Jin when you said he can't revert back to his Mishima Karate, like would it lower it's chances or what?

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Like you even said, Jin disowned his paternal heritage, he's not going to use their fighting style. It's not something he would do.

Remember, especially with guests, Sakurai and the Smash team have to properly represent these characters as the owners of these characters will not allow the character in if they feel they're not being properly represented. Harada pobably won't appreciate Jin or any Tekken character, being out of character.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Like you even said, Jin disowned his paternal heritage, he's not going to use their fighting style. It's not something he would do.

Remember, especially with guests, Sakurai and the Smash team have to properly represent these characters as the owners of these characters will not allow the character in if they feel they're not being properly represented. Harada pobably won't appreciate Jin or any Tekken character, being out of character.
While it wouldn't match the newer Tekkens, the most iconic installment of a series can take priority over the newest one, as seen with Ryu and Ken.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I legitimately still don't understand why we don't have a Tekken character.
Jin or Heihachi- hell, maybe even Yoshimitsu.

I know it has to do with being in three dimensions. I just dont see how this is a problem.

I'm a supporter- I'm waiting on Mortal Kombat and Tekken.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So...how do you think Jin will be represented? He doesn't have a stage cameo (that we know of) unlike Heihachi, and he was the initial successor to Kazuya, inheriting all his moves in T3 and has a devil form too, so could he be an alt/echo?

Top Bottom