• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The 'Mains' Advice Thread

LastTheories

Smash Rookie
I mostly play :4robinf::4corrinf:. Lately I have been thinking about quitting the game, but then the thought occurred to me "but before you do, why not try a top tier?". Figure that perhaps it'll offer a bit of a change of pace, and that using one of the best might be helpful too. At the moment I think that the most reasonable choices for me would be :4cloud2: and :4mewtwo:, as they both have some of what I like, while offering some of what Robin and Corrin lack. I don't plan to solo main Cloud or Mewtwo, as I don't think that solo maining is for me, nor do I plan to main 3-4 of the characters together, as I think that's too many for me to do. So basically my questions are:

• Who between Cloud and Mewtwo should I roll with alongside Robin (chances are if I do this Corrin will basically be getting dropped)?
  • Should I even bother?

not that you're restricted to only answering the two questions, other thoughts are welcome too
I'm going to answer the second question before I even get to the first. You should bother finding another character, because sometimes finding a new character (not even to main but to secondary) can revitalize your enjoyment of your current mains. Happened for me when I decided to main Lucina, afterwards I really started to appreciate Peach's combo game.

Your current two mains are exceptional zoners who lack speed and are very susceptible to extreme aggression. So my logic would be why not find a top tier character that doesn't really cover match ups but instead covers playstyles. People like Mario and ZSS help you retain all zoning techniques you learned from your prior characters while giving you the tools to perform devastating ladder combos. Granted I don't know your play style but I assume that a impactful projectile plus speed and combos would be a nice thing. Just my two cents really, hope this helped at all

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
I’m at a dilemma. I’m just gonna keep this short and simple.
:4feroy:+:4marth: or :4feroy:+:4diddy::4mario:?
I wanna become a counterpock player regardless, but wanna have 2-3 as my main focus/ mains. Should I go with Marth or Mario and Diddy? I’ll use all anyway but who should he my “mains” along with Roy?

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
For the sake of variety, Diddy is probably the best pick. Yes, you're going to play a group of characters to counterpick, but the ones you hone and practice the most ought to have different play styles. Just to keep yourself sharp. Or play Marth and Roy if you like them best.

That's my two cents on the matter.

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
Psych I’m gonna stick true to my word. I say I’m a Roy main time to mean it. Those 3 are apart of the countrpuck team with the heavies so they’ll get their time but Roy is getting most of it.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Are there any prankster chars in smash 4 besides Pac-Man? I find that I’m really into prankster/tricky and unconventionaltypes of chars (I love using holograms in halo to give an example :3) that don’t really have a straightforward gameplan.
Unfortunately Pac sux so I’d like to try better chars in that archetype.

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
I'd say that Bowser Jr is a close description of a prankster role. He has a fairly unorthodox moveset with Mechakoopa being a fairly good stage control tool that can set up grabs as well.
Duck Hunt fills this role nicely too.

LastTheories

Smash Rookie
Are there any prankster chars in smash 4 besides Pac-Man? I find that I’m really into prankster/tricky and unconventionaltypes of chars (I love using holograms in halo to give an example :3) that don’t really have a straightforward gameplan.
Well the aspect that makes this a bit difficult for me is that I'm purely going off of the tricky and unconventional aspect you're looking for. The issue is that smash 4 has many aspects, are you looking for someone with a tricky projectile, movement, neutral, or combo game? I can recommend characters with each of those characteristics and try to find one that incorporates them all.
However since you seem to enjoy PAC's gameplay, I'm assuming that the projectile game is your forte. One of the best projectile characters in the game with good representation and isn't too popular is actually Link. With Scizor and Izaw both playing him at a high level there's a lot of content to go through as well. There's also the option of Toon Link if you don't like Link's movement options.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Well the aspect that makes this a bit difficult for me is that I'm purely going off of the tricky and unconventional aspect you're looking for. The issue is that smash 4 has many aspects, are you looking for someone with a tricky projectile, movement, neutral, or combo game? I can recommend characters with each of those characteristics and try to find one that incorporates them all.
However since you seem to enjoy PAC's gameplay, I'm assuming that the projectile game is your forte. One of the best projectile characters in the game with good representation and isn't too popular is actually Link. With Scizor and Izaw both playing him at a high level there's a lot of content to go through as well. There's also the option of Toon Link if you don't like Link's movement options.
I came off of Pac-Man, but you’re right, the projectile game is just one facet of trickiness. I mostly value like tricky neutral games, but all of those facets you listed are fun and important to me as well.

I can recommend characters with each of those characteristics and try to find one that incorporates them all.
I’d really appreciate this ^^

Last edited:

LastTheories

Smash Rookie
I came off of Pac-Man, but you’re right, the projectile game is just one facet of trickiness. I mostly value like tricky neutral games, but all of those facets you listed are fun and important to me as well.

I’d really appreciate this ^^
So I'll just mention a couple of different characters for each category then a ranking of overall who I think is the best in tricky factor overall. Also disclaimer I will be mentioning my main quite a bit, and I'm skipping combo game since a majority of the cast has a decent combo game.

Projectile Game:
The two Link's still are very strong when considering projectile characters, especially when kill confirms off of bomb throw for TL.
Wii Fit Trainer is actually very similar to Pac-man since her main objective is to wall people out consistently.
Robin is a very potent Zoner who requires practice in order to use his/her neutral B plus Arc Fire which allows for kill confirms, plus a 50/50 with down throw at higher percents.
Peach is someone I can recommend since I main her, her turnip play can be very tricky and is essential to her gameplay. Great examples include Razo's turnip play since he's the most successful with that.
Corrin uses his/her neutral B in a similar to Robin which can lead to true combos.
Olimar is a projectile user since a majority of his moves actually use the pikmin, he also is insanely defensive but has great sheild pressure.
Diddy Kong has perhaps the most impactful projectile in the game with banana, which can lead to a grab or a smash attack.

Neutral/Movement Game:
So since movement is a huge part of neutral I'll be mixing the two together.
Peach has access to a completely different set of movement options due to her float, options like JCFF and QFR mixed with her floated aerials make her neutral insanely tricky to fight and to pull off successfully
Diddy Kong has a very good neutral due to his banana, which allows him to always get a follow up and even kill.
Rosalina and Luma's ability to be apart allow her to control space like no one else.
Bayonetta is Bayonetta enough said.
Sheik can completely confuse people with her fast and safe movements.
Shulk is an insanely complex and tricky character due to him technically being 5 different characters in one.

Overall:
I really can't figure out what type of Tricky is best, I could honestly write possibly a 10 page paper recommending each and every single individual character and what makes them tricky. But here's a few that I think and hope fit your description.
Peach because she combines a good projectile game with a unique neutral which can help you be insanely tricky during matches.

Corrin who's projectile allows his/her to safely space/wall out characters while taking advantage of his/her true combos (See Izaw's Art of Corrin), combine this with side B set ups can really elevate the character.

Shulk is the epitome of tricky due to him being able to be played in so many versatile ways. Nicko (a top level shulk) shows only one of the few ways to truly play this man. Shulk101.com really helps portray this. This also discounts the ridiculous amount of advanced tech he has.

Olimar is a character I don't really have much gameplay experience with, but I do know that after playing a high level olimar the camp game and the pikmin choice really help distinguish your playstyle.

I hope this helped a little bit, it's a really confusing concept to tackle so if you need more ideas I'm willing to toss more out.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Pac's really his own type of unique. If you're looking for a viable character that bends rules and has a lot of potential situational silliness that opponents aren't likely to expect, Rosalina springs to mind. Luma ending up in nonstandard locations from being untethered, respawning, rolling at the ledge, Rosalina being hit, etc. makes for a lot of situations that aren't something you regularly plan to do, but can capitalize on heavily if savvy to the circumstances.

Rubber

Smash Rookie
NNID
RubberGames
It's funny that's actually why I picked up :4lucas:, fight fire with fire. If I were to have a co-main, it would probably be :4pacman: or :4bowser: (and :4bowser: already sorta is one...) so I think I'm looking for a counterpick. I used to have :4mewtwo: and I sort of messed around with him once in a while, but I'm getting him again soon so maybe I'll give him another shot. I won't do the:4darkpit:s though, I despise them. Also sorry for taking so long to reply I don't get on Smashboards enough
Bowser is quite capable and straightforward, so definitely keep him sharp. He and DK are probably the best pocket characters in the game. I can see why you struggle with very projectile heavy characters; none of your lineup have particularly strong anti-zoning tools (like a reflector I guess but you def don't need one). The obvious answer here is that Cloud bodies most of those characters, but I know you don't want to do that if you don't have to.

Have you ever considered giving Mewtwo a try? I think he could patch up those tough matchups nicely with essentially sword range, an all-purpose reflector, and strong zoning game of his own. He's practically the polar opposite of Dedede which could be good or bad. He's also a high tier character, which may be a deterrent for you.

There's also Pit. He's well rounded enough to be able to pull through most matchups with some hard work. Lucas could work too, sort of a "fighting fire with fire" idea. I guess the character depends on what you're looking for: a secondary that can handle Dedede's worst matchups but mostly exists as a counterpick, or would you rather have a co-main that you can reliably fall back on, while not ignoring the king?

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Hi. My mains are Greninja and Corrin, and Robin is one of my favourite secondaries and the one I have most practice with. I also have a pocket G&W for projectile heavy characters like Samus and like everybody else a pocked Cloud.
The problem is, all five get bodied by a campy Sheik. There is someone with a similar moveset to any of them that can go well against Sheik?

DeltaForce

Smash Cadet
S SJMistery Aight so first of all I feel like you are spreading yourself too thin very few high level players use more than 2 or 3 characters I would prioritize who are your best characters. As for dealing with shiek Greninja or Corrin should be fine in handling a campy shiek it is more a matter of snatch up knowledge vs gettting a new character

Heracr055

Smash Ace
It's been awhile. Update time:
I stopped using ZSS for 3 primary reasons:
1) She struggles to KO outside a specific early to late %.
2) Her grab whiffs are very problematic. I've had quite a few times where the grab didn't work when I feel it should've.
3) Her grounded options are really mediocre. I'd feel more comfortable with safer ground buttons.
I did appreciate her speed, mobility mixups and ability to seal early stocks. If I could find a character with those attributes and safe ground buttons, I think I'd be happy.
Enter Mewtwo (suggested awhile back from PK Bash). He has all of those qualities from my experience, aside from a great disadvantage escape tool (Flip Jump in ZSS' case). He does have trouble landing; however, I think I can mitigate that with practice. He has a very powerful projectile that can force shield at uncharged %, and threaten KOs when fully charged.
I still use Ryu in tandem with M2. He's my best character still, and I think there's room for improvement. I would seriously be happier using him on Wii U instead of 3DS, since C-stick attack makes life so much easier.

Last edited:

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Play a couple matches with every character. Don't just play one match because it's not enough to fully know how much you like the character. If you don't know exactly how a character is supposed to be played, watch some videos online of them being played at a competitive level.
I know this post is old as heck but I just came to know of it. I think it will greatly benefit me. How matches should I play with each character.

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Hey, hopefully, this thread is still active cause I need some help. I've narrowed down my main choices to :4bowser:, :4lucario:, and :4marth:. Can you guys tell me if any of these characters require me to main them only? Because I want to co-main 2 characters but if it is necessary, I'll go with one.

Thanks in advance!:luigi:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Hey! I would say that Bowser and Marth are often secondaries or pocket characters for a reason. They can largely get by on strong fundamentals, with a requisite character knowledge floor that's lower than many. Lucario requires a bit more character knowledge and specific execution to be successful imo, but you could def co-main any combination of these characters and do fine if you put in the work.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
SmolNozomi SmolNozomi
I'd say you should go with a character who feels comfortable for you. It doesn't necessarily have to be a good character, either. Recently, I've picked up Sheik as a secondary because while I wanted to learn to use Zero Suit Samus, after a month of practicing her, I felt her options were limited. I even used Mario, but he felt basic. Still, watching Zenyou has impressed me. You don't seem interested in using Mario, though. So what are you looking for? Is it a character who is naturally campy? Is it a character who can provide some range, but who isn't restricted to playing at a distance? Do you employ grabbing often? What is it you like in a character?

SmolNozomi

Smash Cadet
SmolNozomi SmolNozomi
I'd say you should go with a character who feels comfortable for you. It doesn't necessarily have to be a good character, either. Recently, I've picked up Sheik as a secondary because while I wanted to learn to use Zero Suit Samus, after a month of practicing her, I felt her options were limited. I even used Mario, but he felt basic. Still, watching Zenyou has impressed me. You don't seem interested in using Mario, though. So what are you looking for? Is it a character who is naturally campy? Is it a character who can provide some range, but who isn't restricted to playing at a distance? Do you employ grabbing often? What is it you like in a character?
I'm trying to find a character that has an even edge against higher tiers like Cloud, Bayo, and the swordfighters. Going against them as Dedede is a huge hassle to defeat them, and I want to have a better character to back me up.

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
If "the swordfighters" are Marth and Corrin, your best bet is to pick up :4sheik: or :4pikachu:. These are faster, wall-breaking characters who won't have to worry about getting out-hitboxed. If you want a character more similar to King Dedede to answer these matchups, try out :4dk:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Corrin's worst matchups are against characters like Fox and Sheik who control the pace of the match and generally get more reward blow-for-blow. Marth's biggest weakness is his ability to land. He's quite susceptible to juggles.

If you want a character that goes head to head with the meta characters, Marth himself is an option. As is Corrin I guess. Basically having a sword is really good.

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so I've decided I'm maining :4bowser:. Who are some nice secondaries to support him? (discluding DLC cause I ain't buying any of it) Also, what are his bad match-ups.

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
Get a secondary for :rosalina:, :4tlink:, and :4zss: at the least. :4cloud: is popular although a bit overdone; if you want something more original go :4metaknight: or :4pikachu:. (Personally I'd pick Yoshi for those 3 but I'm biased so probably wanna look at Cloud or MK first)

Last edited:

roysrevengefgc

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roysrevengefgc
I am still having trouble finding a main, right now I am playing:4falcon: but for the past 2 months I have also been playing around with:4dk::4falco::4tlink::4link: for the past week I have been playing with Toon Link and Link. What I like about both link and Toon Link are their projectiles and abilities to keep characters away a lot easier, I can play more defensively. I really like Falco because he is a heavy hitter. Donkey Kong has some pretty nice Combos and setups. I originally chose Captain Falcon because of his speed and kill moves, however playing around with these other characters for the past few weeks has me thinking about changing my main. The best thing about Smash 4 is that it's the most balanced game in the series and you can pretty much win with anyone.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
I am still having trouble finding a main, right now I am playing:4falcon: but for the past 2 months I have also been playing around with:4dk::4falco::4tlink::4link: for the past week I have been playing with Toon Link and Link. What I like about both link and Toon Link are their projectiles and abilities to keep characters away a lot easier, I can play more defensively. I really like Falco because he is a heavy hitter. Donkey Kong has some pretty nice Combos and setups. I originally chose Captain Falcon because of his speed and kill moves, however playing around with these other characters for the past few weeks has me thinking about changing my main. The best thing about Smash 4 is that it's the most balanced game in the series and you can pretty much win with anyone.
You don’t have to change your main, just do this:

Fun character: Toon link, or whoever you choose. Best to have only one of these.

Serious character: captain falcon.

But, if you really want to change your main, then just pick someone and stick with them. Do 1v1s with a lvl 3 CPU for 20 minutes to build up the muscle memory, and to make yourself really comfortable with them.

On a unrelated note, here’s some advice:

I think low tiers are drastically underrated. Part of that is because everyone assumes any good performances are due to matchup inexperience, and the other part of it is that the characters themselves are really underexplored. If you've been playing Melee for a couple years and main Fox, there's no shortage of examples to pull from to improve. You can learn what to do in any given situation just by watching the top Foxes and mostly just copying what they do. If you main Pikachu, you only have one good Pikachu player to learn from, and because Axe is so high level, he's probably not even dealing with the same issues a lower level Pikachu might deal with. If you main a character like Young Link, you basically have no role models to learn from and without a large group of peers to exchange ideas with, you will inevitably be making tons of inefficient and suboptimal decisions.

From a more general standpoint, I think it's kind of a shame more people don't play low tiers. I think the game is plenty fun with the 8-10 characters that are most common, but I feel like a lot of people don't really express themselves in game the same way they would if they played a less common character where they are forced to innovate more. The most painful example of this difference is when a player using an uncommon character decides to switch to Fox or another popular character, and they end up having the most generic and basic play style imaginable. They almost aren't even playing the game anymore, they're just doing a bunch of Fox things or Sheik things and they occasionally win because they're spamming good options.

The other reason this is a shame is because one reason people give for not playing low tiers is that they want to perform well. While I think it's certainly harder to get a grip on less popular characters because of the lack of footage/peers to discuss with, I think the effect character choice has on performance is overrated, especially at the local level. If you're not planning on putting in tons of work to become top 100, I don't know why you'd consider results when deciding your character. There's no tangible difference between being ranked 500th in the world with Fox or 600th in the world with Young Link. The simple fact that skill levels blend together by the time you're outside the top 100 basically makes it impossible to tell how high you're ranked in the first place.

Not picking a character because they are limited or frustrating or just not fun makes sense, but I think a lot of unpopular characters like Pikachu, Young Link, G&W, Mewtwo, etc. don't fit this description at all. They struggle in certain areas, but so do the top tiers. A new Falco main is going to be just as frustrated with getting gimped as a G&W main is with getting KOed early off the top. The big difference is the Falco believes he can learn ways to not get gimped whereas players who main low tiers (sometimes even TOP TIERS) are the first to blame their character for their loss.

Fox mains never blame their character and while you may argue that's because their character is the best, the effect of this mentality cannot be ignored. If you refuse to blame your character for your losses, then you're more likely to solve the actual problem. If you main Young Link or even a character as good as Samus/Peach, it's incredibly easy to blame your characters weaknesses for your loss and you don't look as hard for solutions or simply can't find them due to confirmation bias. Even low level Fox mains are insistent on learning to consistently ledgedash, which is by far the riskiest technique in the game, yet you look at Samus mains and they don't want to learn her aerial interrupt or Peach mains don't want to learn her variety of tricky airdodges/reverse ledgedashes to get off the ledge.

Last edited:

roysrevengefgc

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roysrevengefgc

Fun character: Toon link, or whoever you choose. Best to have only one of these.

But, if you really want to change your main, then just pick someone and stick with them. Do 1v1s with a lvl 3 CPU for 20 minutes to build up the muscle memory, and to make yourself really comfortable with them.

Probably the best advice ive been given on chosing a main or having more than one main. I like most low tier characters and thats what i mostly play. Preciate it

WiFi

Smash Journeyman

Dude, you used a Melee quote on a Ssb4 thread. Nothing wrong about it though, I'm just typing for the heck of it. As for my little two cents, jcn_3 could use Captain Falcon and Toon Link competitively. Both are good characters. Toon Link isn't low tier by any means.
To jcn_3, maining a low tier character for fun is good and all, but keep in mind that some top tiers straight up make the game unfun for low tiers. Ask any Jigglypuff player about the Cloud matchup. Also, you seem to like every archetype of character. DK, Falco, and the Links are three very different types of playstyles. First you should probably play against Level 3 CPUs with each character, and see which character you are most comfortable with.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Dude, you used a Melee quote on a Ssb4 thread. Nothing wrong about it though, I'm just typing for the heck of it. As for my little two cents, jcn_3 could use Captain Falcon and Toon Link competitively. Both are good characters. Toon Link isn't low tier by any means.
To jcn_3, maining a low tier character for fun is good and all, but keep in mind that some top tiers straight up make the game unfun for low tiers. Ask any Jigglypuff player about the Cloud matchup. Also, you seem to like every archetype of character. DK, Falco, and the Links are three very different types of playstyles. First you should probably play against Level 3 CPUs with each character, and see which character you are most comfortable with.
Doesn’t matter, the message holds true for all fighters in general.

And we gotta reduce choice so the decision is easier made. He’s struggling with choice overload.

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
Doesn’t matter, the message holds true for all fighters in general.

And we gotta reduce choice so the decision is easier made. He’s struggling with choice overload.
You're right. I had a massive main crisis that I solved on my own a couple of weeks ago. As for choices, out of the four characters he has, he should probably just play them and see which feels the most fun or natural to play. That's how I ended up maining Fox.

Sylenzo

Smash Rookie
Main a lot of characters and kinda want to drop a few but not sure who. In order of how comfortable to least comfortable (however I am quite comfortable with all of them:
Marth, Ganon, Bowser, Falcon, Shulk, DK, Shiek, Meta Knight Jigglypuff, Samus, Pikachu, Pokemon trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur then Charizard) Ness, Falcon, Mr. Game and Watch, Mii Brawler Pacman, and Zelda. I'm looking for up to 5 (Will not push further, preferably 3) characters to have minimal matchup trouble.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Main a lot of characters and kinda want to drop a few but not sure who. In order of how comfortable to least comfortable (however I am quite comfortable with all of them:
Marth, Ganon, Bowser, Falcon, Shulk, DK, Shiek, Meta Knight Jigglypuff, Samus, Pikachu, Pokemon trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur then Charizard) Ness, Falcon, Mr. Game and Watch, Mii Brawler Pacman, and Zelda. I'm looking for up to 5 (Will not push further, preferably 3) characters to have minimal matchup trouble.
Probability of troll/spambot 99.994554%

Trentaur

Smash Rookie
NNID
trentaur
So, I've been having some trouble choosing my mains. I have four characters that I have good hold on, but I don't know what to do with them. I have Pikachu, Marth, Lucario and Peach. I often choke with Lucario and peach, so Pika and marth have become my main focus. On top of this, I'm also learning Palutena. I don't want to stop playing any of these guys, but it's obvious that three need to be a primary focus, and it's looking like Pika and Marth are going to be the ones to do it. Any suggestions?:196:

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Actually, the best way to have minimal matchup trouble, is to Main One character. You get use to all your matchups quicker.
So, I've been having some trouble choosing my mains. I have four characters that I have good hold on, but I don't know what to do with them. I have Pikachu, Marth, Lucario and Peach. I often choke with Lucario and peach, so Pika and marth have become my main focus. On top of this, I'm also learning Palutena. I don't want to stop playing any of these guys, but it's obvious that three need to be a primary focus, and it's looking like Pika and Marth are going to be the ones to do it. Any suggestions?:196:
whoever you like the most

Last edited:

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
Well it seems like you like to play very skill-based characters, but you just said Pikachu and Marth. If they click with you, use them. You seem to have already decided.

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
This is an old account and as you can see by the image I am most well known for my Yoshi.
But I am tired of everyone shutting me down for playing this character solo. I've been playing other characters on and off to get a feel for them, and I finally found a match to my desired playstyle in Mewtwo, but I am hesitant to give up on my favorite dino. Should I make the hard commitment to the top tier for extra specialization and skill, or keep Yoshi around for fun and for surprise factor?
(No, I am not looking for a secondary to cover Cloud. My Donkey Kong is serviceable and gets the job done just in case Yoshi and Mewtwo can't.)

(Edit clarification I'm playing mewtwo either way, it's keeping yoshi in the pocket that is the question)

Last edited:

roysrevengefgc

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roysrevengefgc
This past week I have been playing with:4charizard: and I have managed to narrow it down to three characters: :4falcon::4charizard::4tlink: I'm going to focus on these three and learn their character match up, especially with characters that I struggle against ex.:4sonic: i am attending my weekly tournaments for practice against really active players

roysrevengefgc

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roysrevengefgc
I am also going to grab a 3ds and play my classmate daily who is a :4sonic: main and he is my worst match up along with :rosalina::4cloud::4greninja:

M 10

Smash Rookie
Hello there, i did leave competitive Smash almost a year ago because i was burned because a bad mindset and mostly by not having a main character to play and train with.

After that i picked some more traditional fighting games like Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, DBFZ... and -even if it's not always the case- i found i have fun playing with grapplers or people with command grabs

in SFIII i like to play with Ibuki and Makoto
in SFV with R. Mika and Alex
in DBFZ with A16 and A21

the point is almost every grappler-ish character i play is not precisely a heavy character (or at least has a good movement speed), i want to try something like that in smash, someone who their play is based on grabs or has options to pressure with them

cya :kirbymelee:

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Hello there, i did leave competitive Smash almost a year ago because i was burned because a bad mindset and mostly by not having a main character to play and train with.

After that i picked some more traditional fighting games like Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, DBFZ... and -even if it's not always the case- i found i have fun playing with grapplers or people with command grabs

in SFIII i like to play with Ibuki and Makoto
in SFV with R. Mika and Alex
in DBFZ with A16 and A21

the point is almost every grappler-ish character i play is not precisely a heavy character (or at least has a good movement speed), i want to try something like that in smash, someone who their play is based on grabs or has options to pressure with them
cya :kirbymelee:
Characters with heavy grab game or potent grab punishes include, apart from the two heavies, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Lucas, Greninja, Sheik and Ness.

Top Bottom