• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
No worries, the important thing is Luigi still looks pretty strong though is fsmash seems to have less range. This is only from watching though so I could be wrong.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Are any Luigi mains considering going to GUTS 3 in CT? It's primarily for melee, PM, and other fighters but Brawl singles and doubles are going to be held Friday night.
I might be heading up there with Chibo. Seems like a fun weekend despite me being tight on money atm.

Also sama please tell me you're back for smash. I saw you at Pierce's house and stuff so I hope you are.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Cool, I'm only staying Friday. Can't really afford to stay overnight and mainly going for brawl anyway.

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
Sama and Delta, I took a look at the bracket of Brawl singles, and I saw that you both placed 5th...

Very nice! And what happened at doubles? There's no bracket of them at Smashing Grounds's challonge...

Did it really happen or was cancelled?

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I was really disappointed doubles was cancelled. Was looking foward to teaming with KC.24 one last time. I did okay in singles, took chibo to game 3. Got too anxious at some points and looking back counterpicked the wrong stage.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
It was nice going to Guts. But at expense of my car. Good news is that I found 2 cheap and fairly good cars. Hopefully I'll be back on the road soon.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I am copy/pasting this message to every luigi board except for 64. I'm a luigi main/secondary throughout all the games (minus 64) and I for the life if me just can NOT use cyclone to recover. Everyone says: just mash. But I mash so hard I end up sweating and I still fall or just stay in the same place EVERY SINGLE TIME. So here is my question to you. How in the mother of balls do I go up with cyclone without expending a jump first? Please and thank you.

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
I am copy/pasting this message to every luigi board except for 64. I'm a luigi main/secondary throughout all the games (minus 64) and I for the life if me just can NOT use cyclone to recover. Everyone says: just mash. But I mash so hard I end up sweating and I still fall or just stay in the same place EVERY SINGLE TIME. So here is my question to you. How in the mother of balls do I go up with cyclone without expending a jump first? Please and thank you.
Well, it depends of which game...

In Melee, you need to "charge" the move on the ground first, be sure to at least finish the animation on the floor, then after using it, repeat the process if you want to use it again. It also takes really hard mashing skills to get a decent height...

In Brawl it's way easier tho. First of all, you don't have to charge it, just touch the ground or grab a ledge and you'll be able to use it again, and since it requires less button mashing and the height is higher, the effectiveness is much greater. Well, mostly of the times I suppose I can rise at least decently without a jump, but I feel like it's more tough to gain height right after performing an aerial (with certain exception of Fair), but I am not 100% sure about it...

PM I don't know too much, just that the charge mechanic has been removed, if you use the move on the floor you can rise like in Brawl (since you couldn't in Melee), and the height is now between the ones of Melee and Brawl. Don't know if the mashing skills are the same from Melee...

Smash 4, from what I've seen and read, you can rise after jumping with no problems, but without it, you have to mash it hardly. It seems that is either less or a bit less than what you need in Melee, and the height also seems to be in between that of Melee and Brawl. Again, I'm not 100% sure...

Hope I have been helpful...

Last edited:

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
By the way guys, I know that Brawl is abandoned, and people are pretty excited about Luigi in Smash 4 after seeing all those good plays from players like Boss, False, J.Miller and Mr. Concon...

But by any chances, is there any of you guys who will go to Apex and also enter Brawl? Just asking...

I was hoping to watch a Luigi on stream there...

Last edited:

Luigisama

Smash Champion
By the way guys, I know that Brawl is abandoned, and people are pretty excited about Luigi in Smash 4 after seeing all those good plays from players like Boss, False, J.Miller and Mr. Concon...

But by any chances, is there any of you guys who will go to Apex and also enter Brawl? Just asking...

I was hoping to watch a Luigi on stream there...
I was planning on entering brawl, but I just don't have enough money to book a room for apex. So I gave my entry away.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
I have just tested out luigi's down tuant spike on every character hanging from the ledg but wold and I got it to work on peach, zelda, sheik, ganondorf, and snake. I think you can get it on marth, diddy, and samus though. (and yes I did test zero suit samus)

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if you are trolling, but dsmash works better at hitting the opponent to score a stage spike. I made a guide about it. Also the taunt is so situational and if you miss once your opponent will be more careful.

Top Bottom