• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Booster

Smash Lord
I love playing as Luigi, he's not the most powerful but he's pretty fun and I'm good at scoring Super Jump Punch hits I've used him enough, but things get really fun with his final smash, I know alot of people don't like his Final Smash but I do, it's fun to use and a million times better then Mario's Final Smash.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I love playing as Luigi, he's not the most powerful but he's pretty fun and I'm good at scoring Super Jump Punch hits I've used him enough, but things get really fun with his final smash, I know alot of people don't like his Final Smash but I do, it's fun to use and a million times better then Mario's Final Smash.
Luigi is also a million times better than Mario

Booster

Smash Lord
Luigi is also a million times better than Mario
True, Mario has nothing unique about him in Smash Bros other then the fact he can be used to create dream battles we've wanted to see since we were children

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Everyone looks as you pass by. Everyone also cheers when you hit someone. If you get the clip timed right, you just see the look.

Luigi just looks mad all the time.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
You guys should all get it by the way. It's hella fun.

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
By the way, I've just saw a Luigi's gameplay at the 3DS version of SSB4...

Well, the guy who was playing with him is nothing but a noob, just rolling around and picking up items to win (lol), so it wasn't possible to see things like the knockback and damage % that certain moves do and all that stuff...

But I noticed some things...

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be receiving buffs on things which he need, like air speed, dashing speed, or having the landing lag of Up B removed. It sucks, but at the 2:09 of the video, Luigi's Up B did 33% of damage, 8% more than in Brawl, so it's one buff at least...

I'm not so hopeful for Luigi in SSB4, but if he stays at least as Mid-Tier, I will be glad...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Without SDI (which smash4 seems to be lacking), jab->upB is pretty guaranteed.

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
Without SDI (which smash4 seems to be lacking), jab->upB is pretty guaranteed.
I don't know, it depends of the angle which the opponent will be sent...

And remember that in Brawl, SDI upwards was necessary for the Up B to connect on some characters, even with the hitbox 1 of Luigi's jab, which sends the opponent in a 90º angle...

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Just to note remember that all of the footage for smash 4 is of the demo. Remember Ike in the brawl demo? That got changed by a lot. So I'm sure smash 4 will be changed a lot. I actually got to play the demo. It was interesting. I just hope that Mario's fireball has less lag when the full game comes out. Like I couldn't do a short hop fireball and jump again to do another one. Also it felt like Brawl speed combined with melee hit stun. Lastly I tried the 3ds one and I found it to be very slow. Luigi also seemed different and I couldn't land the dair spike. Maybe it can't spike anymore? Also it was so hard to rise with cyclone with the 3ds and lol I can see that luigi still has misfire; and he still can get stuck in the stage.

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
Luigi also seemed different and I couldn't land the dair spike. Maybe it can't spike anymore?
Really? :/

I was hoping for them to raise the spike hitbox, it would be way more practical to try it...

But since you tested him, can you please tell me what you noticed from Luigi's moves? I mean, his aerials, smash attacks or throws, is there any of them which seems stronger in knockback? Dealing more damage %? Looking faster in start-up lag or ending lag? Or having less landing lag?

and he still can get stuck in the stage.
You have to be f***ing kidding me...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Nah dude that **** is hype

Someone edge guards you, you get stuck in the stage, time out their invincibility getting out, free upB

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Really? :/

I was hoping for them to raise the spike hitbox, it would be way more practical to try it...

But since you tested him, can you please tell me what you noticed from Luigi's moves? I mean, his aerials, smash attacks or throws, is there any of them which seems stronger in knockback? Dealing more damage %? Looking faster in start-up lag or ending lag? Or having less landing lag?

You have to be f***ing kidding me...
Oh yeah lol. You can still jab to dsmash, but I couldn't take much notice of jab and the hit stun it gives. His aerials seemed the same. The nair still has the strong and sour hitboxes, I think fair has more knockback, dair seems to have less knockback, cyclone seems to connect more, the fire is still the same when it is thrown. I should have tested to see if the fireball still bounces off of surfaces. Uptilt is the same, I think fsmash has less knockback and the reason I say that is because I fsmashed a cpu marth on battlefield over 100% and he didn't die. Percentage wise I couldn't really tell. I never got to land any grabs so I can't tell how the grabs have changed.

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
In the demo build, attacks that killed regardless of DI shot out this dark lightning stuff.

Lightning Hand Luigi is real

Luigisama

Smash Champion
In the demo build, attacks that killed regardless of DI shot out this dark lightning stuff.

Lightning Hand Luigi is real
Oh so that's what the was. But yeah I know weird stuff. Like I'm sure that the marth was over 100% because my mindset at the time was (oh I'll just fsmash him and he'll die) but that didn't happen. I hope they fix it.

On a side note. This World cup is having a lot of upsets. I didn't see Colombia beating Greece and Costa rica beating Uruguay.

Last edited:

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
This World cup is having a lot of upsets. I didn't see Colombia beating Greece and Costa rica beating Uruguay.
That's true, this World Cup is looking awesome, I watched all of the matches until now, and I'm not going to miss any...

Uruguay x Costa Rica was here in Fortaleza, I was rooting for Costa Rica, and man, they played well...

Costa Rica is now the "dear team" in here, many people enjoyed their playstyle and are now rooting for their qualification. After all they were considered the worst team of the group and everyone thought they would get their asses kicked. I'll get happy if they make into the Round of 16...

Tomorrow there is Brazil x Mexico, and as I said a while ago, it will be here in Fortaleza too! If we win and Croatia x Cameroon ends in a draw, we will already advance...

And btw, in 15 minutes USA is gonna play against Ghana, good luck for you guys! Try to take advantage of Germany's massacre over Portugal (man, how could they possibly win for 4 x 0? This match was expected to be like really close, dead even)...

Uruguay is out?!?!? fuuuuuuuck
Uruguay isn't out, but they will now face England and Italy, their situation is tough...

Last edited:

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
Yep...

I remember the fastest is from Hakan Sukur, 11 seconds in 2002, Turkey vs South Korea...

The others I had to google them... :p

Here they are:

Vaclav Masek (15 seconds in 1962, Czechoslovakia x Mexico)
Park Soong-Jin (23 seconds in 1966, North Korea x Portugal)
Ernst Lehner (24 seconds in 1934, Germany x Austria)
Bryan Robson (27 seconds in 1982, England x France)

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
Well, as you may already know, the game ended in a draw, 0 x 0...

Man, Mexico's goalkeeper, Ochoa, he caugth everything, made very good defenses. He can change his name to "Oshowa" if he wants to...

With no doubts the Man of the Match...

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
So much stuff happening in these days!

Spain, the current champion, losing to Chile by 2 x 0 and getting eliminated right at the Group Stage!

A great match between Uruguay and England (with the former winning by 2 x 1)!

Costa Rica defeating Italy and making into the Round of 16! What an enormous surprise, absolutely nobody expected for this before!

And man, Switzerland 2 x 5 France, seven goals in one match! This Cup is being the best of all time!

Luigisama

Smash Champion
So much stuff happening in these days!

Spain, the current champion, losing to Chile by 2 x 0 and getting eliminated right at the Group Stage!

A great match between Uruguay and England (with the former winning by 2 x 1)!

Costa Rica defeating Italy and making into the Round of 16! What an enormous surprise, absolutely nobody expected for this before!

And man, Switzerland 2 x 5 France, seven goals in one match! This Cup is being the best of all time!
Yeah a bunch of crazy stuff. Italy lost to Costa rica. Also I didn't expect Ghana and Germany to draw. I hope USA wins tomorrow.

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
Draw...

Man, you guys almost had it...

Portugal's second goal was scored at the freaking last minute...

Well, if Ghana and Portugal tie, USA advances regardless of its result against Germany...

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Draw...

Man, you guys almost had it...

Portugal's second goal was scored at the freaking last minute...

Well, if Ghana and Portugal tie, USA advances regardless of its result against Germany...
I was so sure they were going to win. Oh well I'm still bothered by the one extra min. I would have been fine with it if it was 5 mins to begin with, but it wasn't. Not mention that one of games that I watched the referee stopped the game before the 5 mins were finished. I'm that USA can at least draw Germany.

On a side note so far Nigeria and Mexico haven't conceded a single goal. Also Leo have you seen the nike video "risk it all"?

Last edited:

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
Nigeria certainly will suffer at least one from Argentina, but Mexico can stay impervious if they know how to deal with Croatia's attack, and if their goalkeeper Ochoa keeps catching everything like he did against us...

Tomorrow, Brazil x Cameroon. It should be a comfortable win since Cameroon is already eliminated and did very poorly in the previous matches...

About the video, well, not yet...

Last edited:

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
Well, well, well, Brazil 4 x 1 Cameroon...

Good game, but man, I must say that I got a bit scared when Cameroon tied the match...

As Chile lost to Netherlands, we're gonna face them at Round of 16...

Too bad it will have to be like that. I was rooting for Chile man, wanted them to go further at this Cup, they deserve it... :urg:

Btw, Mexico beat Croatia by 3 x 1. Suffered its first goal but who cares? They made it!

Now they will have a very tough match against Netherlands...

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely...

Man, Brazil vs Chile, Hulk didn't touch the ball with his arm in Brazil's second goal, it was with his shoulder! But no, they decided to invalidate the goal!

Because of that we only made it after winning on penalties, they seriously wanted to kills us all! And they actually did a little bit, an aged man had a heart attack during the game and died two hours later. He was 69...

We're going to face Colombia at Quarterfinals, they defeated Uruguay by 2 x 0, and the match will be here! Fortaleza can be the only city that will receive Brazil twice in this Cup! :grin:

Anyway, two great matches today. Mexico was doing so well against Netherlands, but they backed too much after their goal, very early in the second half. Result: lost by 2 x 1... :(

And Costa Rica x Greece, can't believe this game also went to penalties. Greece tied the match right at the end! And Costa Rica was with one player less, I was like: "****, they're gonna lose. After surprising everyone at group stage, can't believe they'll fall to the freaking Greece!"...

But thank God they've won...

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Wow USA had a good run. I was disappointed in the lineup. USA soccer commercials paint dempsey to be this goal scoring machine, but he isn't. He is and will always be a midfielder. Dempsey should been in midfield and Johannson should been in the front. Not to mention the sub that Kilinsman made was a good sub, but then he got sour near the end of the game. As the commentators even pointed out, Yedlin(right back) kept going up and making crosses, but when he messed up his opportunity which was every time Belgium abused that hole in the defense and attacked. Again when Belgium abused that hole lukaku scored. I can't say for sure that Green was a good sub, but I think that Cameron should have been subbed out for Johannson and Dempsey and Wondoloski should have been moved into midfield. So many opportunities, but these USA strikers can't finish for their life.

Well time for the UNCAF in September. Lets go El Salvador.

edit
Wow Kaka is coming to American to play for Orlando
http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-s...-mls-orlando-city-unveiling-a-dream-come-true

Last edited:

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
I know, Kaká is excellent, we still didn't get it why he wasn't summoned for this World Cup...

Speaking of goal scoring machine, why Klinsman left Donovan out of USA's team? Isn't he the best american player of all time?

And Belgium vs USA was a great match though, Howard did good defenses and I honestly thought USA would tie the game after Green's goal. But how could Wondolowski lose that goal at the very end of the normal time?? It was unbelievable...

Anyway, quarterfinals decided...

Brazil x Colombia (Colombia did very nicely against Uruguay, but Brazil probably takes it)
France x Germany (I think France has a soft advantage, but this will be a hell of a match)
Netherlands x Costa Rica (It's in Netherlands's favor, but after all that Costa Rica has done, I won't doubt of anything)
Belgium x Argentina (Both are undefeated and have 100% rate so far, Belgium please CRUSH Argentina)

Brazil and Costa Rica FTW!!!

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I'm not entirely sure why Klinsman cut Donovan off of the team. I do think though that he could have easily replaced some of average players like Bedoya, Zusi, and Cameron.

Top Bottom