• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Discussion Thread - People Actually Play This Character?

Jechtire

Smash Cadet
I feel as though Luigi is stronger than most people give him credit for. Sadly, he is currently outclassed by others with similar advantages. Lets hope a dedicated Luigi player can cause a stir soon. Has there been any Luigis other than Vist's small stunt at Xanadu that have found success?

DBSammy

Smash Ace
I feel as though Luigi is stronger than most people give him credit for. Sadly, he is currently outclassed by others with similar advantages. Lets hope a dedicated Luigi player can cause a stir soon. Has there been any Luigis other than Vist's small stunt at Xanadu that have found success?
I feel like once I actually start travelling that I can start making a name for myself here in the midwest.

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
Work'n my very hardest to be that!

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
It's hard considering that Luigi doesn't have too many good matchups. But yeah I'm trying to be at least the best Luigi in my state.

luxmivozi

Smash Apprentice
Funny you mention the devil, my old teammate in doubles was called SA8N, lol. I just remembered Brawl where like you were at the brink of death below and could rise above the stage with it. Even so, I'll work on the mashing speed.
when i reaaaallllyyy try im able to press 5-6 times a second

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Luigi dittoes are hilarious.
:luigi2:*nair*
:luigimelee:"You've fallen right into my trap!" *nair*
:luigi2:"Not so fast, Luigi!" *nair*
:luigimelee:"The trap ruse was a… distaction! I HAVE the frame advantage!" *nair*
:luigi2:"It was all a trick! I deceived you!" *nair*
:luigimelee:"It seems you've gotten the better of me, Luigi!"
:luigi2:"Then why are you smiling?"
:luigimelee:"Because I know something you don't know."
:luigi2:"And what is that?"
:luigimelee:*nair*

Riceykins

Smash Rookie
Has luigi's super rising down b been discussed? When your knocked away you can jump and down b right afterwards to get a much larger boost in height and then missile to center stage.

Issue is which recovery is easier for the opponent to cover I guess.

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
Has luigi's super rising down b been discussed? When your knocked away you can jump and down b right afterwards to get a much larger boost in height and then missile to center stage.

Yes, although I don't see many people use it. It's actually really good against certain characters like wario who have a free edgeguard on luigi if he recovers normally.

Zelda also has a similar thing with her nayru

Broasty

Smash Journeyman

I'll try this vs. Shiek, dat slap/back kick is brutal when you're not high enough.

geno

Smash Apprentice
So, I played Melee Luigi the other day... He feels just, straight up beautiful. Anyone else notice how well he moves in Melee? I never played him in Melee, started in P:M and then just tried him out for the first time. I'm not talking about his attacks or anything, those are way better in P:M. In Melee his movement just feels right. I was actually able to look and feel stylish as a Luigi. I was even doing the Luigi moonwalk consistently which I still can hardly do in P:M

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
So, I played Melee Luigi the other day... He feels just, straight up beautiful. Anyone else notice how well he moves in Melee? I never played him in Melee, started in P:M and then just tried him out for the first time. I'm not talking about his attacks or anything, those are way better in P:M. In Melee his movement just feels right. I was actually able to look and feel stylish as a Luigi. I was even doing the Luigi moonwalk consistently which I still can hardly do in P:M
It's a semi-different engine. Luigi can do everything he does in melee, plus more. You just need to practice it.

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
There's only one, subtle, difference. And it's a matter of one frame: Momentum Physics. In PM there's one extra frame in between the jump and WD. Hence, yes, Melee has a more smooth transition. Though honestly, Weegee feels great to me coming from someone who practices the game every day.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Any tips on how to play the man in green? Luigi is much better to use in PM then his big bro.

:pow:

Top Bottom