• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Discussion Thread - People Actually Play This Character?

Fenrikaz

Smash Rookie
After just picking up Luigi just recently, I've fallen in love with his high-mobility play style. Is there any special Weegee techs that I should learn most indefinitely?

The_Enlightenment_

Banned via Warnings
Id like to see luigi get a few minor changes, such as being able to land cancel his fireball which could potentially start combos from the air with point black fireballs as hes landing. Id like to see his dtilt changed to be similar to how it functioned in melee as a tool to pop people into the air, just with improved knockback. So far his current dtilt has absolutely no utility from what ive experimented with, at least his melee one could set up for kill moves at high percents. Thirdly he should have set knockback for his jump punch in both mid air and on the ground. There is no point in using it midair when its been neutered like that. Finally this last change is very slight but would drastically help out his lack luster neutral game. Since luigi is a high functioning karate master/ka master he should be given very small amounts of shield damage on his oriental styled moves, namely his upsmash forward smash, forward tilt and forward air. These help give him more options against opponents who stop luigi by shielding his attacks and it also provides a neat aesthetic buff that the children of pm will surely find pretty interesting. Its a win-win

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
Trying to figure out how to make tornado of souls rise. Is it really just mashing B super quick or is there a timing to it?

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
At least it's MUCH easier than in Melee, where not only did you have to charge it by using it once on the ground, but you had to sell your soul to the devil to press a button 14+ times in less than a second.
Funny you mention the devil, my old teammate in doubles was called SA8N, lol. I just remembered Brawl where like you were at the brink of death below and could rise above the stage with it. Even so, I'll work on the mashing speed.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
So uair allows Luigi to reach higher platforms than he normally can, and it can even be autocancelled with proper timing.
This works from a shorthop to FoD and YI's platforms at certain heights and Lylat's side platforms if you jump from the center. From a full jump he can reach the top platforms of WarioWare and Norfair (at its nadir). But the most practical usage I've found is ledge-drop double-jumping to the right platform on Skyworld.

Mega Manny

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mannerz
Hats off to you guys. Once I picked up Luigi, INSTANT MAIN. I don't know why, just really like his play style, plus he's taller than Mario >=D

Last edited:

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
So, dunno if you guys noticed...but you can WD TWO different distances based on the angle you press the stick at. That combined with pivots, moon walks, Shields (and all the jump canceled possibilities) means SO MUCH POTENTIAL IN DASH DANCING...but uhh...it's pretty hard to do the Specific WD distance on command lol

Donyoku

Greed
Hello everyone, I'm new to the PM scene but not Smash in general I use to play Brawl somewhat competitively but me and my friends just switched to PM not to long along. Weegee has been my favorite character since forever but really couldn't do much with him in Brawl and he could do a little something in melee but not to much. Anyways I am enjoying PM Weegee since he has much needed buffs. Anyways just saying hey I guess and trying to get more active in the threads again.

noterday

Smash Rookie
So someone in the pm easter egg thread posted a video of Luigi flashing a bunch of colors while charging a misfire http://youtu.be/56_dSAy9ZC0.
Does anybody in the luigi board knows about this or how to do it cause I tried to figure out how and I only got it once. I never heard about it before so I guess not a lot of people know about this.

noterday

Smash Rookie
I had the blue luigi color.

Also the one time I did it I was playing with taunts since they do a lot of easter eggs in pm so that might be how you do it.

edit: the guy who discovered that posted again and he figured out how to do it.
Alright found a way to recreate it. Once you have a misfire stored, do a full hop and about halfway through the jump, start holding side b. Once you land on the ground he will flash multiple colors.

This image shows Luigi at the apex of his full hop. If you start holding side b(with misfire stored) anywhere between the two red lines you should get it to work.

Last edited:

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
I just recreated this, you don't have to store it. If you cut off your full hop and notice the Bo*er (That's what we call it in Memphis, lol.) quick enough, you can press L or R, you can get the multi-colored effect.

Edit: It can be other colors besides Mr.L.

Last edited:

PrivateSpeakz

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know a good secondary for Luigi? I was thinking Samus to help out with the match-ups where he has a hard time approaching (sword characters, other characters with good range), but some input would be appreciated.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Secondaries are mostly personal preferences. I started using Fox/Falco vs Wario since @Carls493 has my Luigi downloaded. I've also been using them vs Ike as well.

Top Bottom