• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Shoosh ryuka and help me! I was in danger of being completely walked over. :-P

But in all seriousness, I do need you guys to give some input on this. I know we had a discussion on it and had a write-up but i don't remember where it is. Cmon Lucases!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Lucas Usmash is good for mix-ups and is incedible in doubles. You can literally just spam it in doubles and stuff actually happens, it's so hilarious! I wish I could have had that doubles semi-finals match recorded that time, my brother and I had to go early so we kinda couldn't afford to win. We actually took them to game 3 and in the end just pretty much spammed Usmashes and actually didn't get completely destroyed. :p

I love ditto Lucas teams!! :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
O'chunks... you sound familiar to me. :O

But welcome back, in any case! We've been doing great! So great, in fact, that we're hoping to move to mid tier.

Hopefullyyyyyyy....

Also, why is it that the thread always goes down the drain (a.k.a. dies) after I post!? ><

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Chunks! Go to a tournament I am at and we can do well with Lucas.

Aurora, CO Lucas mains haha.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm sorry guys, I feel like a pretty big failure right now... I feel as though I can't really discuss our character without one of you, more knowledgeable peeps to back my thoughts up. Gah I just feel so... bad.

Co-incidentally I only just read ryuka's post. :(

I think seagull was right... the TL thread needs better lucas players than I. I'll post there but i'm not so sure I can really... argue things.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I'm sorry guys, I feel like a pretty big failure right now... I feel as though I can't really discuss our character without one of you, more knowledgeable peeps to back my thoughts up. Gah I just feel so... bad.

I think seagull was right... the TL thread needs better lucas players than I. I'll post there but i'm not so sure I can really... argue things.
You're still pretty young though lol, clam down

hard to argue against old ppl

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah but, it's like suddenly coming down from this 'cloud'. I want to be great but do I really have the skills to do it? And most of all, do I even have the chance? We're in Australia, for goodness sake... and how do we prove to anyone else that we can do stuff?

I'm sorry, i know you're right. I just get really down about stuff like this. It's so darn unfair, you know what i mean?

Tikao

Smash Ace
Yeah but, it's like suddenly coming down from this 'cloud'. I want to be great but do I really have the skills to do it? And most of all, do I even have the chance? We're in Australia, for goodness sake... and how do we prove to anyone else that we can do stuff?

I'm sorry, i know you're right. I just get really down about stuff like this. It's so darn unfair, you know what i mean?
it's mind-based , if you don't believe in yourself , nobody will do either , so , you'll be bad in argue against older people especially when you're young (just like me) , you'll also learn very slow , maybe being stucked at a certain point at playing ssbb / lucas
if you're stucked , record some matches of yourself , and look them , after that , look some matches of very good lucas-players and look what's missing
just try to get some things in your gameplay , at first , you'll play worse than before , when you're chainging your gameplay (depends on how much , so how static you played before) , but you'll become better than ever , if you trust in yourself at that point and try to develop your gameplay in that way , if you don't , you'll say "i play worse than before , this must be bad , i should stay at the old things" ... and try some mixup , but don't get stucked at the new things ... i can understand you :)

Jamwa

Smash Champion

It doesn't really matter if you cant argue the theory of Brawl lol, just play to have fun. I just started playing competitively a year ago and at every meetup i usually play against attila (#1 in aus) for an hour or so, even though i may not be that good. so yeah you're overthinking this stuff, it wont really stop you from enjoying yourself
It seems you joined these boards two years ago, and you've been to many tourneys with ur bro and im sure you've had fun :p

Jimmy?

Smash Apprentice
Gettin' crunk all day erday.

I've been playing this game again recently.

I'm terrible and have been playing Diddy more than Lucas, though~

Also, Luco, nbd, the tier list thread is poo poo anyway. All I do there is call out some people (always the same people) on terribly methods of argumentation, and it's apparently making me super popular. It's mostly theorycraft and complaining there anyway, with some discussion on the side. I see it as more of a kind-of-fun-but-mostly-frustrating way to kill time, if someone's gonna discredit you from saying "The Lucas boards discussed so and so," then.... like, they're just being dillholes. You don't require top-level tournament experience to know that these boards said something. .-.

FIGHT-O FIGHT-O.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Gettin' crunk all day erday.

I've been playing this game again recently.

I'm terrible and have been playing Diddy more than Lucas, though~

Also, Luco, nbd, the tier list thread is poo poo anyway. All I do there is call out some people (always the same people) on terribly methods of argumentation, and it's apparently making me super popular. It's mostly theorycraft and complaining there anyway, with some discussion on the side. I see it as more of a kind-of-fun-but-mostly-frustrating way to kill time, if someone's gonna discredit you from saying "The Lucas boards discussed so and so," then.... like, they're just being dillholes. You don't require top-level tournament experience to know that these boards said something. .-.

FIGHT-O FIGHT-O.
where can i find these threads i enjoy frustrating discussion xx

also hi pf upload more vids xx

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Alright. thanks guys. I just went in to a bit of a stoop there but I think i'm okay now.

also i'm not worried about my actual gameplay for now, i'm waiting till i go to a tournament to test myself out. With any luck Shaya will host a major in late january or something.

Ouch, I thought I kept my age well hidden... Dang, once something happens, the age factor tells. >.>

Though i'll be meeting Jam and Ryuka eventually so meh. :p

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841

Lucario saying your bad had nothing to do with anything, it was a trollish post to why people didn't post here :p

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
O'chunks... you sound familiar to me. :O

But welcome back, in any case! We've been doing great! So great, in fact, that we're hoping to move to mid tier.

Hopefullyyyyyyy....

Also, why is it that the thread always goes down the drain (a.k.a. dies) after I post!? ><
I use to come by here every now and then. I stopped coming once my state's thread was invaded by bronies. :glare: I also mainly go by Chunky, but since that was taken on this site, i went w/ O'Chunks. Also yay for tier movement. :)

Chunks! Go to a tournament I am at and we can do well with Lucas.

Aurora, CO Lucas mains haha.
You live in Aurora now J? Hmm... so it was you that went to that one tourney a few weeks ago wasn't it? I heard you did well. :D Congratz if you did, and if not you did your best (i hope). Do you want to meet up sometime to play then?

Don't get discouraged now. We're here to help each other and remember where all of us were at one point. We all know how it's like. Don't feel bad if you dont know much now, but if you keep at it, then you can gain more knowledge and possibly find out something none of us know. No need to give up, we all are here for support. ;)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You live in Aurora now J? Hmm... so it was you that went to that one tourney a few weeks ago wasn't it? I heard you did well. :D Congratz if you did, and if not you did your best (i hope). Do you want to meet up sometime to play then?
Yeah, I do now. Also yeah I did do really well at the tourney and got top 4/5 I believe. I beat the PR'd DK main and that was just a lot of fun. I had to go against the gautlent of like all the Marths/DKs/Snakes/Falcos in my run. My friend knocked me out (the host of that Lakewood tourney) because he knew I hated Falco haha. Still great tourney and thanks!

Definietly would love to meet up and play. We could help each other do better with lucas. Congratz on being put back up on the PR again by the way.

Cheer up Luco, we love having you on the boards!

Also, is anyone going to Apex? I'm probably going this time.
I am going. A couple of the other Lucas guys are going too. I believe Mekos/PF are going. Don't know for certain on rPSI/Chuee.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I wasn't directly calling you bad Luco. The only :lucas: players relevant in my eyes are Pink Fresh, Mekos, and Fae. If you aren't one of them then you're likely irrelevant in terms of what expertise/experience/results indicate towards :lucas:. I mean, I don't know your results off hand, but if you could show me some videos of your :lucas: I can guage how "good" you are with the character and give you a critique (I've played :lucas: players for years to the point I know everything they will do. Pink Fresh and Mekos will do the same thing everytime).

:018:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
yea sorry about that everyone. A lot of it was due to frustration with a bunch of different stuff on the boards i've been noticing for a long time now and it's definitely nothing to do with you guys. You're awesome! ^_^

Also, i'm feeling a little better on the knowledge factor, if Shaya's up to it there may be a major around the new year and I will definitely be learning a lot from that.

Also, excited about apex and all the Lucas/Ness mains going. I'll totally be right behind you guys in terms of support and i'll see if i can't watch the stream or something like that.

And a Ness vs. Lucas crew battle would be interesting to see... i've always wanted this MU to be explored more because IMO it's a 0 MU. Ah well. Also remember to support each other... we're all in the same boat and any achievment by the PSI brothers is one we can both recognize. :D

EDIT: Don't worry ryuka, I knew you were trolling, that's why I said it was a co-incidence. As it happened i was just down enough for anything to pull me further down the drainhole. On the contrary, right now i'm feeling pretty happy... except for one thing: My wii won't turn on. I'll give you the post that explains the whole whys and my hopes regarding that.

Okay guys, i'm sorry, power went out again. This time it went out all night. 47 degree heat (celcius) and no air con? I can't believe I actually went to sleep. Looked in the fridge the next morning and any ice cream we once had was sludge. Things that were fresh... weren't anymore. Cold water? DENIED.

Anyway, on a related note, I accidentally left the wii on while the transformer went nuts, fluctuating power on and off. I know the TV was okay but now that the power is fine my wii won't turn on. I'm desperately hoping for one of the following things:

a. It wasn't a surge but only static charge building up in the wii with the power fluctuations and that the wii will reset its fuse (assuming it has that mechanism?)
b. The wii has some kind of surge protector with which I can wait for a week to connect it back to power.
c. In a bad scenario, only the power cable was damaged rather than the wii itself and that's all i need to find a replacement for, or
d. in a worst case scenario, wii-U can support wii games/new wii is cheap because I have no intention to stop playing Brawl competitively.

D is bad because I want my memory back for several things but I suppose it's do-able. I'm desperately hoping it's either a. or b. because I don't want perma damage to the wii and I want to stay sharp for a possible major tournament in my region sometime around the new year.

Thoughts? Do you guys know of any protective systems for the wii? What advice can you offer? So far i'm leaving the wii totally unplugged for a week and will try it again in a week's time. My hope stems from the fact that in the original power fluctuations it was still turning off and on, like the TV for quite a lot of the night.

Man I so hope it will be okay. Didn't think i'd worry so much but I really want to attend this major and I want to do well. I'm freaking out about this when I know I shouldn't... Uhuhu. >.<

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
Yeah, I do now. Also yeah I did do really well at the tourney and got top 4/5 I believe. I beat the PR'd DK main and that was just a lot of fun. I had to go against the gautlent of like all the Marths/DKs/Snakes/Falcos in my run. My friend knocked me out (the host of that Lakewood tourney) because he knew I hated Falco haha. Still great tourney and thanks!

Definietly would love to meet up and play. We could help each other do better with lucas. Congratz on being put back up on the PR again by the way.
Nice job man. I know the DK main you're talking about, he's a good friend of mine and we play each other every now and then. Also I know how the gautlent is, I love the challenge. Aww... I'm sorry. :( I'm nothing too special with Lucas but I'll help out as much as I can. Right now, I'm still busy with my college courses, but finals are approching and I'll have time once their done. All i have is one week left and then finals. :D Also thanks, I'm glad I'm back on there, cept they never know where to place me since I'm always inactive, yet I do well whenever I go out to tournies. I just wish I could stay active. :/

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
All the tournies I have been to I have done well as well but I just need to go to more. Theatre and school really eat up my life haha. Anyways, finals are done in a week or two for me but we could help each other stay active in the community.

@Pidge: Signing you up for the Ness crew battle?

Top Bottom