• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
hi everyone. long time, no say. :D how u all been?

btw, contgratz to mekos, oats, and other lucas' at genesis. wish I knew every bit of info of how you all did...

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
hey guys, any tips for a noob xD? the other day i went to a tournament and my *** got kicked xD I am not that noob ( i knwo how to do Dtilt locks, and some others thing (oh, how is called this??? for recovering i usually do a reverse pk fire + psi magnet (Magnet pull??) but sometimes i can do a Zap jump +reverse pk fire + psi magnet, is this called ...???)

heytallman

CTALL
hey guys, any tips for a noob xD? the other day i went to a tournament and my *** got kicked xD I am not that noob ( i knwo how to do Dtilt locks, and some others thing (oh, how is called this??? for recovering i usually do a reverse pk fire + psi magnet (Magnet pull??) but sometimes i can do a Zap jump +reverse pk fire + psi magnet, is this called ...???)
Lucas can't win. Play a better character.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
thanks guys...I'll actually have some more vids up soon. But it's dubs :(. I need to start recording singles. I'm trying to figure out a way for out character to compete at high level play. I've figured out some new setups. The problem is I have to make sure I don't become textbook. It's like I have to save my tricks to be used once a match lol.

Fae yer not going anywhere ;)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I had the honor of playing FAE in a set this weekend in tourney

I wish I could play Lucas like him. I actually told him that before we played the set. Don't quit because of this weekend man. You're inspirational to baddies like me :(

KoozyK

Smash Ace
just keep practicing bro, learn to read ur opponet and things should go better than normal....rememebr lucas sux tho :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Luco back in(quickly).

Remember chuee, i'll want to have a match some time to improve my lucas-ing skills...

The reverse PK fire+PSI magnet doesn't work well for me since i use the wiichuck.

Even lucas mains hate lucas.... -_-

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
@Mekos: Being afraid to use your set-ups until mid-tourney is not long-term successful. Good job in tourney, btw. I wish I saw your pool matches.

@Everyone: Genesis was a blast. Had fun with HeyTallman, and FAE, I'm sorry I beat your homeboy (sans Lucas). Now Kao is **** too. Shoutout to the AiB Lucases.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
I think I may have mis-read your original statement. I thought you wrote: "It's like I have to save my tricks to be used once a match lol." when I thought you said only in tournament matches. Like, if you save your tricks for just tournament you miss out on valuable testing time and practice.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Not having a thread is just like saying, "I don't want them to know what they can do to me because I'm not as good of a player as them, and if they know, then I don't know if I can beat them."

I tell my friends/crew mates/other players all the time what they can do to Lucas out of a grab. Telling them just makes me try harder to not get grabbed. Ultimately it'll make you a better player.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Not having a thread is just like saying, "I don't want them to know what they can do to me because I'm not as good of a player as them, and if they know, then I don't know if I can beat them."

I tell my friends/crew mates/other players all the time what they can do to Lucas out of a grab. Telling them just makes me try harder to not get grabbed. Ultimately it'll make you a better player.
Of course I tell the people I practice with, but honestly, I don't care if you can grab release > w/e I'm not going to tell you how to do it if it's in tournament. /no shame

Boofy!

Smash Champion

thank you, rpsi can you send it to me or something?

Top Bottom