• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' Stage Export Directory

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Links to Discussion Threads

Discussed Stages:
Currently Discussing: Pokemon Stadium 2

Summaries

Castle Siege:
Alright I guess I'll give some good input.

Phase 1:
[collapse="Phase 1 Map"]

The numbers refer to positions on stage.
[/collapse]

At the starting position, you end up on either one or two. If you are one platform one, I suggest either doing a simple drop through or run off platform PKFire. If you are one platform two, then you can choose from several options, but run off PKFire doesn't work very well due to the stage geography.

The main goal of this phase is to prevent your opponent setting up camp in section three. It has several natural barriers of protections that make is extremely hard to approach. Characters such at Snake, ROB, Link and Toon Link can make very good use of that section.
So, what to do about it? First, you don't let them take it, set up your own camp in there. Only Snake should be your real problem when dealing with camping down below, since his grenades roll down section four. Be prepared for a weakly charged gyro or laser from ROB. It shouldn't be too hard to shield the gyro after PSI Magnet because it goes much slower since it isn't fully charged. Against Link and Toon Link, you have to worry about most of his projectile spam since that all basically can go down. If you happen to shield an uncooked bomb, and he isn't approaching, then you can try to pick it up. But that doesn't do much good since it doesn't throw upward.
So what do you do if they've captured section 3? Well, approaching them will be a pain in the ***. I really don't recommend that. Instead, platform camping on section two would be advisable. Most of their projectiles can't hit a platform camper very well and Lucas has above average air mobility. You also have to remember that the stage eventually changes, so you will have a chance to get some damage on them.

Some other tips: When you are on section 4, grabbing is not advisable, Lucas grab goes with the slope, so it's range isn't where it should be and Lucas will have a hard timing actually landing the grab.
D-smashing while standing on Section 5 onto section 4 exposes even more of the hitbox of Lucas' d-smash making it harder to approach from section 3.
5.5/10

lazy butt Lucas' -_-

Alright then Phase 2:

This is a great place to refresh all your moves on the statues as Kole said. During certain MUs we can camp the opponent quite well via platform camping. Also to notice the statues extend the hitboxes on all your smashes so mindgames can be played like other stages (i.e. Brinstar, GrGs) However if you feel uncomfortable with the statues blocking and coming in between you and your opponent you can destroy the statues and refresh your moves. But it is recommended you try and keep the statues alive on this part. Now time to talk about some of the dangers, Walkoffs are such a pain in the butt here. With the people who have CGs that are walkoffs (i.e. D3, Yoshi, Falco) it is bad here because one grab could equal a lost stock or being put in a bad position. The side stage boundaries are pretty small so killing for us is a bit easier. Dtilt lock is a bit annoying with the statues. This is a good place to really do some damage via camping to like the Ice Climbers. This portion of the stage you want to be campy....very campy.
6/10

Phase 3:

This stage is like Final Desitination and Lylat Cruise combined. It is overall the worst phase for Lucas. The edges make recovery harder, the stage tilts which isn't beneficial to Lucas at all besides messing up CGs but you would not really want to take characters who have CGs due to the fact of the walk off on Phase 2. There is nothing really to say about this stage except it's not good ^^"

4/10

Overall the stage gets a 5/10. Mediocre and not the best stage for Lucas. =P
Delfino Plaza
The scenery in this stage is awesome :bee:. Delfino is one of our better stages imo.

Overall, there are 4 different platform arrangements. I love these platform arrangements. Thundersliding works on all of them except the _-_ arrangement. If you thunderslide on the outer platforms, you fall to your death.
The platforms also give you a "shield" from projectiles to an extent.
Unfortunately, U-tilt doesn't go through any of the platforms :ohwell:. But our D-smash goes through platforms.

[COLLAPSE=Platform Arrangements]

This one is always the beginning one.

Don't thunderslide on the outer platforms :p

Some pretty cool thundersliding on the outer platforms. It autosnaps to the ledge.

[/COLLAPSE]

Overall, there are 8 phases.

There are:
  • 4 phases with water (that you can swim in)
    1. River
    2. Rock Pillars
    3. Plaza
    4. Beach
  • 4 phases with walk-offs
    1. River
    2. City
    3. Stairs
    4. Rooftop
  • 4 phases with walls
    1. River
    2. Shine Sprite
    3. City
    4. Rooftop

Water isn't too beneficial for us. Water camping shouldn't be an issue for us at all. PKT1 works really well if someone happens to be water camping. Bad thing is that we have don't have a strong, reliable spike. Dair is weak, and Bair is awkward to pull off in the water.

Walk-offs are a big issue for us. If you don't already know, Lucas has one of the longest grab release break animations. (Thanks Sakurai) Stupid characters like Marf, and Squirtle can grab release chain us to our deaths. D3 is also a big issue for us with his down throw. Fortunately, all of them are avoidable except the Stairs phase. It is possible for characters to grab release us up the stairs. I don't think it's possible for D3 to chaingrab us up hill.

Walls are not too good for us either. Although you can pull off F-tilt locks, and pull off "infinite" D-tilt locks, most characters, if not all, can basically grab --> pummel --> release --> grab to rack up damage. You can thank Sakurai for that again. :ohwell:

[COLLAPSE=Phases]
River

Shine Sprite

City

Rock Pillars

Plaza

Stairs

Rooftop

Beach

[/COLLAPSE]

Bans: Ganondorf, Ness, Ike, Marth

Rating: 8/10
[/COLOR]

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
Wow this is what I call a dead thread >.> Come on lets work here...Is Frigate Orpheon bad or good to Lucas? How bad/good? Same thing with Pictochat/Rainbow Cruise/ Lylat / Japes / Any other stage >.>

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Heya Ki-Ke =o

Uhm this isn't the stage discussion thread but rather this is where we keep the summaries and links to each thread we have a stage discussion on. Also we will be getting to different stages when we have the chance but atm we are currently stuck on no posting in the current thread plus I have been away to start a new one.

Frigate Orpheon Stage Discussion

^Click that

If you would like you can bump our stage thread and get to discussing whatever you like in here.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well click the thread I linked ya to and discuss away~

@Fail: Get back here already before I kick you >:]

Top Bottom