• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' QnA Thread

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Nah, I didn't choke. My arm started muscle spasming :(. It's a health issue. Basically I had to start playing with one arm mid match and then all through out the match with peach. The worst luck man!! ugh! Was so frustrating. I've had a disease almost kill me called Lupus in middle school and it left some side effects :/.

Anyways guys I would appreciate y'all support. I finally made my twitter acct for connecting with the competitive gaming community. I'll be posting updates about me and 9B(top player from Japan) as we do our best to win Sktar 3, the international ssb tournament. It will be a challenge since we speak different languages lol. If you have a twitter lets connect! @Mtotheekos or https://twitter.com/Mtotheekos.
good luck, Lucas + ICs is a really interesting team, looking forward to seeing how that works out. hope you take 1st.

a few questions here...
stop our pressure out of shield
I thought Nair was 0 frame advantage? shield drop + utilt is frame 9 hitbox, or are you talking about in practice?

is Uair technically disjointed? because i see his head flash backwards when he uses it, i assume his hurtboxes were there if only for a few frames.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Oh yea. I feel me and trela could win a national but he doesn't have heart for the game :(

Mekos I could team with you if we see each other and I don't see why trela is not playing as much he rarely plays

Last edited:

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Oh yea. I feel me and trela could win a national but he doesn't have heart for the game :(

Mekos I could team with you if we see each other and I don't see why trela is not playing as much he rarely plays

Last edited:

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
The only Problem I can see is They can be easily gimped and Lucas can Grab Released but its teams though

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
The only Problem I can see is They can be easily gimped
Although :lucario: has a bad recovery, :lucas: can provide support.
And it's not like Japanese:lucas: gets gimped much, if at all (Bar them messing up their recovery).

and Lucas can Grab Released but its teams though
:popo:can infinite but it's dubz, that only happens in a 2v1 or 1v1.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Mekos who has been your favourite doubles partner?
My favorite doubles partners are Esam(pikachu), Fow(ness), 9B(ice climbers), and nairo(mk)
I feel I could do extreme damage with any of those partners if we could practice.

9B - For example if I could have communicated to 9B to heal me after he came back from dying(using his invisibility frames) we could have got top 3 at sktar 3. Being in sync with that simple tactic gives the team a full stock back. We did it sometimes and won every match that we pulled it off. There where many times where that tactic was not utilized.

Esam - He is the best pikachu in the world. Lucas and pika have great synergy and have great healing setups. Mastery of this team is deadly. We have only teamed at one national and got 5th at our first try.

Fow - Ness/Lucas is just so much fun. Who doesn't love two little kids running around causing trouble!? The team combos are pretty deadly and it is good that lucas and ness can heal each other. Also, it's cool how lucas can heal off of Ness' pk fire that explodes.

Nairo - Nairo and I are undefeated in money matches against multiple fellow top players. His aggro style and awareness is perfect for my support play style. We have great follow ups and team shield pressure with each other.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
like, I get that you wanted his stock gone ASAP but that WAS partially your fault for Usmashing tho
¯\(ツ)/¯

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
i would've been a bit disappointed with you except for the fact that I throw out Usmashes because I have a good feeling

Jamwa

Smash Champion
You were holding down on your control stick, making you bounce off the lower wall of FD. Since that wall is actually angled upwards, you bounced straight back to the ledge.
It's been known for some time that this occurs, it's just not useful because to be in the position to PKT2 in that manner requires you to be close to the stage (meaning you get hit with aerials before you can do it, if you can do it).

Top Bottom