• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
There's already LOST on the 21st. It's in Laffy, but I still don't think it'd be a good idea to do two Brawl tournaments on the same day when they both target basically the same audience (those of us on smashboards).

Bomber7

Smash Hero
crap I forgot about LOST. hmm well I'll just talk it over again. if worst comes to worst it wont happen.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
was that exception good or bad? i cant tell....

curlz, the conclusion of your friends makes since in my head. religiously, well, thats the religions decision. governmentally (what is the real word for that?) they should be able to get married.

matrimony, no. marriage/civil union, yes.

here is a good "reality" debate
--the universe ended yesterday. at 12:37pm (5 hours ago) the current universe was created and randomly had evidence of historical presence, including our own memories. prove me wrong.

edit: curlz, you have brawl plus? want to wifi later tonight?
edit2: PAGE 800!!!! lol, dammit curlz, you got the first post.
edit3: so its a good thing, arc? lol, nice!

Turazrok

Smash Master
It's a good thing. Which offends me. And I play lucas in brawl + dos!!!!!!! As well as fox and falco. You're sooo on.

edit: YOU MAY HAVE THE PEOPLE'S LOVE!! BUT I HAVE STYLE POINTS!!!

Turazrok

Smash Master
>_>..... I don't play brawl + most of the time. I just got bored with vbrawl and melee.

bsl likes it more than me.

ChKn

Smash Ace
There's already LOST on the 21st. It's in Laffy, but I still don't think it'd be a good idea to do two Brawl tournaments on the same day when they both target basically the same audience (those of us on smashboards).
Uhh..it's on the 21st? Cause when I checked the tournament board at PnT earlier today, it had Tekken 6 and UFC 09 listed as the tournament for that day.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
unfixed.

BSL, I don't have Brawl+, I don't play that trash. I just know my Lucas can 4stock Turok's whatever.
hahahaha, well, i dont play it often either. and i only like it more than turok because he johns about it. im better than him and he cant accept it.

RIP, LA Thread. You will be missed.
this isnt the LA Thread. this is the LA Social Thread. the real LA Thread is somewhere else....

Curlz

Smash Lord
Uhh..it's on the 21st? Cause when I checked the tournament board at PnT earlier today, it had Tekken 6 and UFC 09 listed as the tournament for that day.
I talked to Jeff about it and he said it was fine. That place is gonna be packed. o.o

Maybe if we stay in our corner like normal we'll be good. I don't think Tekken/UFC complain about lag. So we'll bring our own TVs.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
so yea, its on the 21st. unless curlz messed up.

not a good idea to do it on the 21st. maybe 20th? 22nd? it was fun, and the food there was delicious. any time you can get it there, ill try to go.
To be honest for me to run a tourny between now and LasT4 will not happen. I feel that the 14th would be too soon to have a tournament. So if any tournament were to be held between now and LasT it would have to be run by Nitez and RJ. Nitez wanted to have his own tourny called **** anyway so the 14th could be his chance to do it. So if you have any comments questions or concerns, please direct your spam posts toward Nitez.

However expect a December tourny run by me.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I just talked to Jeff. He wants to test the waters for UFC and with Tekken 6 just being released, he wanted to see how good the turnout is.

I'll be running the brackets (woo woo), but it will probably be really noisy and crammed in there so everyone please help out.

I might be able to convince some Tekken/UFC people to join.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Turok is the worst smasher in LA. He'll have to get used to it. Lol.

T-T... He was so young.
Not really. Bsl beats me in brawl plus and only brawl plus.. Idc if you don't like me or w/e, I am currently on the up end of the bsl:turok matchup.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Lol, I love you Turok. I wasn't being serious.

BSL seems to be getting alot better though, I'm playing him on WiFi and he's definitely improving. He just needs help on his recovery, but that could just be the lag.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
no. its the suck recovery that wolf has. im not good at controlling it, and i dont know how to do any of that momentum cancel, and im pretty sure my DI sucks hardcore.

Turazrok

Smash Master
My di is worse. Yours is so much better. But doesn't that make rj the worst?

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Tekken has already convinced a Brawl to join....

PnT too small, IMO, and that corner will suck balls.

I garuntee you Tekken WILL complain about lag. It's pretty ugly, especially with timing specific characters. Almost Melee ugly.

ChKn

Smash Ace
IDK how many setups they'll have for Tekken and UFC combined. Maybe 2-4 at max if no one from that community brings setups. I think Brawl is gonna get its brackets done first.

AB2 is probably a better option in terms of space.

chckn

Smash Ace
IDK how many setups they'll have for Tekken and UFC combined. Maybe 2-4 at max if no one from that community brings setups. I think Brawl is gonna get its brackets done first.

AB2 is probably a better option in terms of space.
How about coming up with an original name...

Curlz

Smash Lord
Please keep spam out of the LA thread. *reported*

If someone brings a table we can set it in front of the cash register. Since most people purchase their stuff at the glass counter anyway, it shouldn't be a problem. With the extra room we could get 6 setups.

Also, the locals don't know, so if you come, please bring extra controllers.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
You should make sure the sign (and your thread as well) say: BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS!

I had to change my flyer so it said that, but I have a feeling there will still be plenty of people that won't bring one. It's just something you have to expect with new people.

ChKn

Smash Ace
PnT has at least 2 controllers that new people can use. The c-stick is broken on one of them though.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
wow.... lol. i couldnt watch it. it was annoying.

hey guys, im getting this thing that will let me record my matches on my computer, so i can upload them onto youtube. is there any certain level cpu i should play against? and matchups that wolf is bad against so i can work on those? just general tips so i can get the best of training for my first round of videos.

Top Bottom