• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Huh Huh. He Said Load.

Huh Huh.
Wow. That is by far THE gayest post I have read on these boards. Just...wow.

I mean really. Three male nurses alone in a jacuzzi at midnight lathering each other up in bubbles...still not as gay as that post.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Just got done playing Tai and Nes n00b, next time I'll bring my A game boys . . .

/johns

But seriously, good games lol

-Ran

Smash Master
I do need to start getting information as to who is riding with me. I DO have the time off from work. Now, I just need riding partners. =(

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
john is the coolest smasher i have ever met. along with fogo. :D
And yall should leave batto alone, he's a cool guy. :D I dont care if he's young.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
The holidays are over, so the Gameware on College Drive can let me host

Gameware Monthly 6
Friday, January 16th
Show up for 6:00pm; start around 7:00.

I'll get the details in soon.

Roni,

- piugame.com
- select your language and then look for a link that mentions PUMPBI, it should be on the left

Ran,

Full results for the bracket from Dibbz Monthly 2:
1: Lee ($110.00)
2: Sudai ($50.00)
3: Nikz0r ($30.00)
4: John ($10.00)
5: Cyphus
5: Ran Iji
7: Mankosuki
7: Jiovanni
9: Ruse
9: CJ
9: FakeGeorge
9: Chaddly
13: Sars Pirate
13: Ussi
13: Pierre
13: Truong

I'm lazy and don't feel like adding in characters right now.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
.... wow Hyrulian Royalty is really the better TL. look at the wall of guys I just couldnt break through like cyphus and Ran, CJ. Ahh it's terrifying.

Sudai

Stuff here
1: Lee ($110.00) (Lucario/Diddy)
2: Sudai ($50.00) (ROB)
3: Nikz0r ($30.00) (D3/Wolf)
4: John ($10.00) (Toon Link)
5: Cyphus (DK/Kirby)
5: Ran Iji (Snake/Meta Knight)
7: Mankosuki (ROB/Diddy/Game and Watch/Kirby)
7: Jiovanni (Kirby/Snake)
9: Ruse (ROB)
9: CJ (Snake/D3)
9: FakeGeorge (Game And Watch)
9: Chaddly (Pokemon Trainer)
13: Sars Pirate (Pit)
13: Ussi (Ike)
13: Pierre (Lucas)
13: Truong (Ness)

People, you have two days to correct me on any of this or this is what will be in the Tourney Results thread on Thursday.

-Ran

Smash Master
.... wow Hyrulian Royalty is really the better TL. look at the wall of guys I just couldnt break through like cyphus and Ran, CJ. Ahh it's terrifying.
John's pretty aggressive, we had some nice matches in pools. If I recall correctly, I beat him 2-1 in the pools, and so did Cyphus. [I won the pool, Roni was knocked out.] I didn't get to play him in the actual bracket though. Cyphus and I were both sent to losers by Lee, and I was finished up by Nick. Jiovanni beat CJ, who was then taken out of the loser's by Cyphus.

Also, next New Orleans Tournament the side event is going to be more meaningful. We're going to do....... LOW TIER. I'm going to look at the Tier list and draw a better line as to what is going to be considered Low.

Sudai

Stuff here
Ryan, how did half of that first paragraph have anything to do with what Bomber posted? >.>

MetaSonic, you should. I don't know who you are but you've obviously been around for some time. XD

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
John's pretty aggressive, we had some nice matches in pools. If I recall correctly, I beat him 2-1 in the pools, and so did Cyphus. [I won the pool, Roni was knocked out.] I didn't get to play him in the actual bracket though. Cyphus and I were both sent to losers by Lee, and I was finished up by Nick. Jiovanni beat CJ, who was then taken out of the loser's by Cyphus.

Also, next New Orleans Tournament the side event is going to be more meaningful. We're going to do....... LOW TIER. I'm going to look at the Tier list and draw a better line as to what is going to be considered Low.
****it that means i can't use mario in the low tier tournament. He's omgwtfitsawatergunsprayingatme Tier.

:dizzy:

Pritch

Smash Lord
Freddy and Taylor (and anyone else who was considering riding with me to FS):

Apparently finding a door handle for an '82 mercedes is hard. Surprise, surprise. As a result, the body work on my car which I was hoping would be done by now won't get started till next monday.:(

I still want to go to final smash, and if I'm able to get back to louisiana in time I will, but definitely no promises at this point.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace

Roni should not have been knocked out. That pool had way too many good people in it especially John/Cyphus. It was to my understanding that John beat Cyphus in pools though. I know that you beat Cyphus last tournament and in pools and i am certain that the only reason he went dk was to see if he could get your Snake with it this time. I am confident that Cyphus would have won with Kirby or Luigi (but i mean after all its just pools). I just don't want your head to get too big ran bc you beat Cyphus. We should start discussing a power ranking. I'll start with my honest opinions. I hope this can be discussed in a reasonable manner and keep in mind this is MY opinion and is meant to be discussed with your top 10 in the rankings(Top 10)

1. Lee - I won't go into detail here.
2. Sudai - Has proven to be A top notch player on multiple occasions. Is no doubt 2nd best in LA. His ROB is very sexy and pretty unbeatable. Professional camper. :]
3. Nikzor- His DDD is broken. He always comes extremely close to beating me along with Sudai and has an advantage on Cyphus's Dk which is obvioius and he doesn't have a problem with Ran. He also always places well.
4. Cyphus- From playing Cyphus and Ran, Cyphus still has a huge edge in the game its just that i know he used Dk in pools. No offense Ran, but like i stated earlier I'm pretty certain Cyphus would have went Kirby Or weegee in an actual tourney match.
5. Ran- Places 5th on average and is learning a better MK for the bad matchups against snake. He is a very competent player and has the potential to move up in rankings.
6. John-Hyrulian Royalty(Toon Link)- One of the best toon links i have ever played. I believe he is very capable of beating the above people with more (offline) practice. :D John will move up in the power rankings as long as his game continues to improve which i know it will.
7. Jiovanni- A very smart player and amazing Kirby. He is Always improving and has ridiculous mindgames. I see him taking even higher places in the tournaments to come.
8. CJ - NEEDS To play us more bc i know you should be placing higher than you have been lately.:p. A very smart snake user but could use a little more offline practice. We should play more ^_^
9. Roni- A very smart player. His MK is getting extremely scary now and he is definetely a huge threat with mindgames to defeat many. Has a really good Mk/IC's/Pit and has mirror shielded Cyphus.
10. Chaddly- A really great Pokemon trainer who is actually good with ALL of the pkmn. His elite four are pretty amazing.

Discuss / maybe post your own opinions so we can all agree on a Solid Top 10

-Ran

Smash Master
Ryan, how did half of that first paragraph have anything to do with what Bomber posted? >.>
Roni should not have been knocked out. That pool had way too many good people in it especially John/Cyphus. It was to my understanding that John beat Cyphus in pools though. I know that you beat Cyphus last tournament and in pools and i am certain that the only reason he went dk was to see if he could get your Snake with it this time. I am confident that Cyphus would have won with Kirby or Luigi (but i mean after all its just pools). I just don't want your head to get too big ran bc you beat Cyphus.
I was just giving information to him, since a bracket hasn't been posted. o.o I wrote it during my lunch break, so I guess I rushed it more than usual, and it seemed as if I was coaxing my ego. I can see how it would be taken in that light.

On the topic of Roni not getting out of pools, I didn't know John's skill level which is why I had put John into that pool. I had both Randal and Cyphus look over the pools, and we all thought that we had balanced it as best we could.

Sudai

Stuff here
1. Lee - I won't go into detail here. He sucks us all off pre-tourney so we'll give him the fights.
2. Sudai - Has proven to be A top notch player on multiple occasions. Is no doubt 2nd best in LA. His ROB is very sexy and pretty unbeatable. Professional camper. :] Maybe
3. Nikzor- His DDD is broken. He always comes extremely close to beating me along with Sudai and has an advantage on Cyphus's Dk which is obvioius and he doesn't have a problem with Ran. He also always places well. Has definitely gotten better of the past two months and is probably even with Cyphus skill-wise, but the fact that he simply has better match-ups is enough to warrant him being above Cyphus.
4. Cyphus- From playing Cyphus and Ran, Cyphus still has a huge edge in the game its just that i know he used Dk in pools. No offense Ran, but like i stated earlier I'm pretty certain Cyphus would have went Kirby Or weegee in an actual tourney match. He'd probably do better if he fought as if every fight were for his girlfriend's life.
5. Ran- Places 5th on average and is learning a better MK for the bad matchups against snake. He is a very competent player and has the potential to move up in rankings. I need to play Ran more often because it's been a while since we've had SRS BARWL!
6. John-Hyrulian Royalty(Toon Link)- One of the best toon links i have ever played. I believe he is very capable of beating the above people with more (offline) practice. :D John will move up in the power rankings as long as his game continues to improve which i know it will. He's definitely good and has potential. Sadly his parents are being kinda iffy on him carpooling with people they don't know, so it might be a bit before he can get some serious practice. I definitely think he's gonna be a big threat soon. : )
7. Jiovanni- A very smart player and amazing Kirby. He is Always improving and has ridiculous mindgames. I see him taking even higher places in the tournaments to come. Jiovanni, you so black. No really though, I didn't get to play you any really which makes me sad. I wanna play you more. I don't have any idea what to put here. : (
8. CJ - NEEDS To play us more bc i know you should be placing higher than you have been lately.:p. A very smart snake user but could use a little more offline practice. We should play more ^_^I was sad to see you didn't place to well. No idea what happened, but you did ****ed good in draft crews. : D
9. Roni- A very smart player. His MK is getting extremely scary now and he is definetely a huge threat with mindgames to defeat many. Has a really good Mk/IC's/Pit and has mirror shielded Cyphus. Ya hear that? He mirror shielded Cyphus. Roni got pool ***** lasttime, but he has gotten a -lot- better in these past months.
10. Chaddly- A really great Pokemon trainer who is actually good with ALL of the pkmn. His elite four are pretty amazing. Chad seems to have gotten better. I'm not sure if he deserves this 10th spot over Pierre though.
Comments in red. I don't feel like making my own list atm.

-Ran

Smash Master
We'd have played more if you hadn't been engulfed with your love for a certain FF game. =p I'll write up something in a bit about the power rankings, etc. I honestly feel that the tenth spot is very heavily contested at the moment.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'll look at results and pools for the past few tournaments and give my thoughts on a top ten. I think the top five or so will be pretty easy, but I think the last few spots will be difficult to fill. At least, based on results and matches.

-----------------------------------------
Gameware Monthly 6
Friday, January 16th

3151 College Dr., Ste. A-1 (Across the street from Great Wall)

At 6:00 pm show up and register - around 7:00pm we'll start.

If someone wants to bring a Melee setup or something, we should have room.

General Rules:

KNOW THESE! I will hold every player responsible for knowing the rules. If you play a game on a stage you didn't know was banned, TOO BAD.

Know the rules.

-Show up at 6:00pm
-$5 per person per division
-3 stock; 7:00 (ties by percent/stock)
-Team attack on
-1v1; no items; best 2/3
-55/25/15/5 cash split
-Bring your own controller (and stool/chair if you want one)
-advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM. Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

Low-Tier Character List (SBR Tier)

Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

Stage List
------------
Starter:
Lylat, FD, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's, Delfino, Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick:

Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, PS2, Pictochat, Norfair, Corneria (teams only), Jungle Japes, and Pirate Ship

Banned:
The rest
-----------------

I like having 8 TVs. I'll have mine for sure. There are already 2 TVs at Gameware, plus Stephen has one. That's four TVs and two Wiis already. Any volunteers?

Just ask if you have questions about anything else.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'll have my Wii and I'm sure Patrick will want to ride with me this time since he's finally free on weekends. I can have him bring his Wii if needed.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Redson needs to start hauling his *** to these ****ing tournaments. Maybe if my second semester isn't blown to hell by my horribad report card, I can do the Gameware Monthly as my last tourney.

I'd love to give you guys a trouncing just to show how much better I've gotten. But I guess it would all be a waste, seeing as I'm leaving soon anyway, huh?

Top Bottom